Midbies fun

DarthRaika

Please give everyone in midbies same stats (or at least buff up to stock brut with basic mainstat augs) and all level 59 abilities for their class. This would make pvp a more fun experience for new players and bring more life into the game at 60 as well. At least give every one their abilities they would have at level 59.

Many matches right now are very boring and one sided especially since there is no xserver. There are also a lot of people who just stand no chance against us min/max brut players.

BTW, I came back recently and I have a lot of 55+ chars in midbies in min/max brut. So I'm not asking for this to help myself compete. I would rather everyone be on a more even playing field in midbies. The gear gap at 60 is fine but it shouldn't exist in midbies where there are a lot of new players trying to learn anyway. There is no reason to punish newer players even more than they already are by starting a several year old game.

Also, I know it is definitely possible to compete with a lower level class but for many of the newer players they are already worse there is no reason to make it even harder for them.

I think these two fixes would really improve midbies and speed up the q's.

Please give everyone in midbies same stats (or at least buff up to stock brut with basic mainstat augs) and all level 59 abilities for their class. This would make pvp a more fun experience for new players and bring more life into the game at 60 as well. At least give every one their abilities they would have at level 59.

Many matches right now are very boring and one sided especially since there is no xserver. There are also a lot of people who just stand no chance against us min/max brut players.

BTW, I came back recently and I have a lot of 55+ chars in midbies in min/max brut. So I'm not asking for this to help myself compete. I would rather everyone be on a more even playing field in midbies. The gear gap at 60 is fine but it shouldn't exist in midbies where there are a lot of new players trying to learn anyway. There is no reason to punish newer players even more than they already are by starting a several year old game.

Also, I know it is definitely possible to compete with a lower level class but for many of the newer players they are already worse there is no reason to make it even harder for them.

I think these two fixes would really improve midbies and speed up the q's.

Giving level 30 players ~7 new abilities* to try and cram on their bar before a WZ starts is a terrible idea. Might be okay for veteran players or players who already have a level cap mirror but it would confuse the hell out of newbies.

* - Shadow gets 7 more active abilities between 30 and 59, I assume the other classes are about the same.

Giving level 30 players ~7 new abilities* to try and cram on their bar before a WZ starts is a terrible idea. Might be okay for veteran players or players who already have a level cap mirror but it would confuse the hell out of newbies.

* - Shadow gets 7 more active abilities between 30 and 59, I assume the other classes are about the same.

Well I think if they did this they would give a pvp layout screen outside of wz's (kind of like with gw2) so that the newer player could set up their skills for pvp. This would be confusing at first but it would be a lot better for them than it currently is.

Yeah, stat equalization in midbies seems sensible, but the abilities thing isn't the problem.

The problem I had with my level 30-54 characters was that I was like.. tickling people compared to my level 59 mara regularly hitting ~11-13k devastating blasts. For instance, with 2018 expertise on my level 37 operative, I hit for like, 5k lacerations (is usually 7-9k in 60's), and 2k culls. That's stupid.

Refer to signature.

Swtor pvp scene isn't really on the rise right now and so in the not too distant future you may wish you did care about lowbies. People with decent irl's will not spend a huge amount of their free time doing something they hate to get to something they might like. Lowbies matter. Even before I left and I hadn't touched lowbies in months I still knew they mattered.

Maybe my suggestion isn't the best but something should be done to improve the pvp experience pre 60.

Also, many of the same people who say lowbies don't matter expect these lowbies to have stacked comms by the time they hit 60 and pvp.

Swtor pvp scene isn't really on the rise right now and so in the not too distant future you may wish you did care about lowbies. People with decent irl's will not spend a huge amount of their free time doing something they hate to get to something they might like. Lowbies matter. Even before I left and I hadn't touched lowbies in months I still knew they mattered.

Maybe my suggestion isn't the best but something should be done to improve the pvp experience pre 60.

Also, many of the same people who say lowbies don't matter expect these lowbies to have stacked comms by the time they hit 60 and pvp.

They said that two years ago :rolleyes:

It's worse now than it ever has been. You see more threads created by people venting and/or unsubscribing on forums now than anytime in the past. That's because PVP is a mess, and, there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. No response from BW on mids, or the vastly OP'd classes in ranked. You can say mids doesn't matter, but it's a gateway between being a noob and entering 60 pvp. If that bridge is broken, people new to the game will not push onward to 60 in hopes it gets better. Most will take mids pvp as a sign of things to come at 60, and I can't blame them. It's not a big deal in the whole picture tbh, games come and go. Sure, you enjoy some more than others but there will always be other games to play.

I've been here since launch and q's have gotten longer. I'm not saying the game is dying and I think it will be around for a long time. I would just like to encourage more newcomers and for there to be more even matches (which would also encourage newcomers). The more people q'n the better matchmaking as well.

It seems to me that the arguments of many posters such as yourself are along the lines of "well it isn't too terrible so who cares." Even if the game was near perfect it could still be improved. Many of the highest paying and most sought after jobs in this country are based on optimizing what is already working very well. I just don't understand why you feel compelled to post as you do.

as i said in multiple clone threads about this, if you cannot beat them and they don't go away just level up yourself.

if you are afraid of pvp gear at 60, just save the green set you get as mission reward on rishii since it gets bolstered decently

I've been here since launch and q's have gotten longer. I'm not saying the game is dying and I think it will be around for a long time. I would just like to encourage more newcomers and for there to be more even matches (which would also encourage newcomers). The more people q'n the better matchmaking as well.

It seems to me that the arguments of many posters such as yourself are along the lines of "well it isn't too terrible so who cares." Even if the game was near perfect it could still be improved. Many of the highest paying and most sought after jobs in this country are based on optimizing what is already working very well. I just don't understand why you feel compelled to post as you do.

Either big time troll, and or doesn't participate in pvp enough to really give a honest, educated opinion on it. So, many posters come here and like to antagonize others who are actually passionate about something they are not. It's called welcome to the (sub) human race.

as i said in multiple clone threads about this, if you cannot beat them and they don't go away just level up yourself.

if you are afraid of pvp gear at 60, just save the green set you get as mission reward on rishii since it gets bolstered decently

That kind of thinking doesn't work. Most rational people will quit a free time activity that they do not enjoy. If we make pvp enjoyable for people of all levels then many of the lowbies will stay. If we do not they will not.

Also, stomping these guys in lowbies is rather boring and I would like a more even playing field. Because of this I would like to get all of my chars from 55 to 60 asap but I refuse to do any more pve in this game. I would go back to other games before that. I am having fun for the most part and that is why I am here but I would like to even the playing field to increase my enjoyment and to bring new life into the game.

Exactly this.

Stompers have fun, so they enjoy this activity, on the other hand.

I agree but there are also a lot of 55+ that don't want to stomp and would have more fun if they was a more even playing field.

After a few matches I often get invited by midby premaders and I have to turn them down since being on the team with 4 55+s is even worse than being on the low level team. If stats/abilities were brought on par then more fun could be had by both normal 55+s and lower level chars.

Furthermore, the stompers could still stomp since they could run a great composition team with voice comms. This would still give them the advantages they seek while keeping lower level and newish players from feeling completely worthless.

To the people who disagree. Do you really believe that forcing worse stats and fewer abilities on already less experienced players will help to increase the pvp community of swtor?

I agree but there are also a lot of 55+ that don't want to stomp and would have more fun if they was a more even playing field.

But they are never heard or read in these forums here.

All I can read of are people who ENJOY stomping on thers - bragging how great they are in stomping !

It's like ... openly despising a bank robbery, but secretly wanting to be the bank robbers.

IF - and I say IF - the "community" despises stomping, THEN it has to do something about it - like top tier players enering midbies in PvE gear to show everyone else what can be achieved ! - And to stop the "stompers" as well !

Only discussing things won't work. ACTION is what is needed - on the side of the community !

All I can read of are people who ENJOY stomping on thers - bragging how great they are in stomping !

It's like ... openly despising a bank robbery, but secretly wanting to be the bank robbers.

IF - and I say IF - the "community" despises stomping, THEN it has to do something about it - like top tier players enering midbies in PvE gear to show everyone else what can be achieved ! - And to stop the "stompers" as well !

Only discussing things won't work. ACTION is what is needed - on the side of the community !

I feel, I mean... felt your pain bruh. I did. This issue is not getting addressed though, this horse been beaten dead over a month ago bruh.

Just stop torturing yourself, with grand hopes that BW cares about pvp and balance in mids. They don't. They care even less now and it's obvious.

The changes alone if you really look into them, of 3.0, my goodness... Little thought or concern with the consequences of what was implemented with the abilities the classes were given.

At the moment 60 PVP is muddled and has too much CC, CC immunities, OP'd abilities that only half the classes have so the other half are basically useless in PVP.

Add in that bolster and power balance particularly within a WHOLE bracket has rendered it unplayable, and not one word on BW's part addressing it, that means, frankly dear, they don't give a damn.

Play pve, RP, enjoy the stories and voice overs, that's all good. If you are looking for fun and balanced PVP, wrong game.

I don't know if the one guy who gave a crap about PVP got fired, or, maybe he entered a deep depression and stopped caring, something bad happened to the part of BW that worked on the PVP. It's neglected, and shows no signs of improvement.

In the most recent patch addressing class balance, they even "nerfed" PTs by taking Unload away and making it a merc only ability. This change is so, irrelevant that, it's hard to believe that a dev took the time to code this change.

This symbolizes how out of touch this Dev group is now with their own classes and game when it comes to PVP.

They took an ability that is rarely even used by PTs, which if anything just added flavor, and stripped it off the PTs bar, for what purpose exactly? Oh, to give it to mercs only? Yeah ok, I see that makes sense now.

The whole while an entire bracket is unplayable in PVP, and 60s is hardly much better for some classes like Marauders. Glad mercs were buffed and PTs toned down though with that change to Unload! :rolleyes:

Half the complaints in this forum are about midbies not proclamations of "stompings" - not sure where you get your stats from. To me this is one of the fad whines - it's not like this situation is especially new; it's just chic for a few people to spam it everywhere right now. "Midbies" has never been remotely balanced, neither has the 10-29 bracket. And the notion that 162 pvp sets provide an overwhelming advantage is just wrong - 168s crafted greens yield very similar stats. I hate these threads/whines because at best they are distracting devs from issues with the level 60 game which matter far more to me. People that couldn't get out of midbies with 2 mos of 12x xp and another 2mos since should be a very small minority and probably can't be helped by any mechanical adjustments to game mechanics.

Half the complaints in this forum are about midbies not proclamations of "stompings" - not sure where you get your stats from. To me this is one of the fad whines - it's not like this situation is especially new; it's just chic for a few people to spam it everywhere right now. "Midbies" has never been remotely balanced, neither has the 10-29 bracket. And the notion that 162 pvp sets provide an overwhelming advantage is just wrong - 168s crafted greens yield very similar stats. I hate these threads/whines because at best they are distracting devs from issues with the level 60 game which matter far more to me. People that couldn't get out of midbies with 2 mos of 12x xp and another 2mos since should be a very small minority and probably can't be helped by any mechanical adjustments to game mechanics.

So very wrong. Mids may have never been perfect, but from the time they separated 50s into their own bracket up until 3.0 you never felt completely useless.

Here is an example of what this has done to the mids PvP community. On my server, queues used to be nearly instant in mids. When you got into a WZ 9 times out of 10 you would be fighting Imps vs Imps because we had a decently sized mids community on Imp side. Fast-forward to now and queues seem to take forever and you seem to fight Pubs every single match. They also seem to queue with nothing but 55-59 players for the most part. The reason you fight Pubs so much now is because so many Imps have quit mids because it is not fun anymore.

Having brut min/max with augments is a huge deal in midbies. I have it on several of my chars and my stats are much better than those that don't. I don't know how you can say otherwise.

3.0 midbies balance is the worst it has ever been and I don't see how you can argue otherwise. Maybe my solution isn't the best but I hope BW does something to improve the q time and even out the matches.

Having brut min/max with augments is a huge deal in midbies. I have it on several of my chars and my stats are much better than those that don't. I don't know how you can say otherwise.

3.0 midbies balance is the worst it has ever been and I don't see how you can argue otherwise. Maybe my solution isn't the best but I hope BW does something to improve the q time and even out the matches.

No one cares.

Show me a screen shot of your guy bolstered in 168s (w/augs) and your guy bolstered in 162s (w/augs). I did not get a huge diff - one set had more expertise and the other set had more health and damage/mainstat/power/etc. The variances were within 10% and the character didn't perform much differently in either - if anything the 168s were better. That character is 60 now so I can't show you...

I haven't tried a level 30s character lately, all of mine are 55-60, so I'm not saying anything's perfect. But i remember having a field day long after makeb came out with an augmented level 50 set that I passed around to my smashers just as they hit 50 and that was a huge advantage. And that got trumped by ppl in lvl 45 blues with augments. Nothing like that is happening now. What I have seen is more premades in the midbies bracket than there used to be and my lvl 55+ chars get stomped vs them as much as anyone.

Show me a screen shot of your guy bolstered in 168s (w/augs) and your guy bolstered in 162s (w/augs). I did not get a huge diff - one set had more expertise and the other set had more health and damage/mainstat/power/etc. The variances were within 10% and the character didn't perform much differently in either - if anything the 168s were better. That character is 60 now so I can't show you...

I haven't tried a level 30s character lately, all of mine are 55-60, so I'm not saying anything's perfect. But i remember having a field day long after makeb came out with an augmented level 50 set that I passed around to my smashers just as they hit 50 and that was a huge advantage. And that got trumped by ppl in lvl 45 blues with augments. Nothing like that is happening now. What I have seen is more premades in the midbies bracket than there used to be and my lvl 55+ chars get stomped vs them as much as anyone.

Your 55+ chars get stomped vs them as much as anyone? Really? You say this, AFTER you write, "I haven't tried a level 30s character lately". Right there, your credibility defending how PVP is for a 30s toon compared to a 55+ toon is out the window. PVP in mids is totally broken, and pretty much anyone with eyes and a brain that pvps in the bracket knows it.

I do just fine in MIDS. It's not the gear or skills that offset MIDS. It's the skill base. There are a lot of new players as well as bads. I have a lot of pubs that I either didn't lvl or didn't bother pvping with and its not that bad.

So you are telling me that out of nowhere I started sucking or I must have imagined the fact that I used to dominate in mids on low level characters? I just got bad, and all the 55-59s grew some skill. I guess that is why the still keyboard turn, right? lol Let's not forget this is over a period of thousands of warzones and many alts since this game released. Mids are broken, and you deniers are just harming the game further.

So you are telling me that out of nowhere I started sucking or I must have imagined the fact that I used to dominate in mids on low level characters? I just got bad, and all the 55-59s grew some skill. I guess that is why the still keyboard turn, right? lol Let's not forget this is over a period of thousands of warzones and many alts since this game released. Mids are broken, and you deniers are just harming the game further.

Don't waste your time responding to these threads unless you do so out of fun. Trying to explain to someone mids is broken, who honestly believes they are fine is impossible. It's like talking to a rock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.