Protection & guard in PvP (ping-pong tanking)

Cretinus

Hey! Now you see me, now you don't. Now I heal as a tank. Now I tank. Now I DPS as a tank. You can't hit me, cause if you do, then I will tank. Ping pong, ping pong. Now it's no longer me. It's the other guy who's tanking. The one you're focussing now. He's the DPS tank now. Now you see him, now you don't. You switch to the tank? No problem. He gets guard from the other tank. You see him? Now you don't. You focus the other dude? Ha, ha, ha. He's a tank now. Ping pong, ping pong. Where's the problem? Organize your group. Play premade. It's so easy. React as a group within a 1/2 sec time frame, again and again and again. Guard is fine. It's the rest of the world who's bad. Ping pong, ping pong. Now I'm the tank. Now he's the tank. Now the other guy is the tank. Whatever you do, you're hitting the tank. Ping pong, ping pong. The tank decides on the fly and without CD which role your target has. Ping pong, ping pong. Edited by Cretinus

Oooo, another Cretinus "plz nerf things I can't beat" thread. Let's see how this one turns out.

Yeah, well, ok, right, sure, you know, and stuff. But on the other hand, Cretinus' topics are often not as dumb as people would prefer them to be. They very often unmask this little grain of truth, this inconvenient one, this one that urges people to come here to defend their status quo.

Edited by Cretinus

Yeah, well, ok, right, sure, you know, and stuff. But on the other hand, Cretinus' topics are often not as dumb as people would prefer them to be. They very often unmask this little grain of truth, this inconvenient one, this one that urges people to come here to defend their status quo.

Stop trying to play victim. You just want easy mode wz's where can tunnel down 1 target and then move to the next, only slowing down for the occasional stun.

Protection & guard in PvP (ping-pong tanking)

Guard really needs some retuning ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Biggest problem with juggs/guards is that.. ( 1 2)

Juggs/guards are destroying WZs ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

So... now that every1's on a Jugg, but Juggs will soon be nerfed...

WZs flooded with juggs and marauders! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Juggernauts/Guardians ( 1 2)

Heal + prot getting a little too dominant in WZs ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

And this is only the first page of created by Cretinus threads. :D

Must be something personal. :p

Do you speak in the third person now or are you just trying to people not paying attention to display names to think other people are supporting you?

#trollfail

Ok what's going on here? It's now a problem for tanks to switch guard?

You are fighting 3 tanks who are switching guard? and they need nerf? ......

What's wrong with kriffing people?

Main problem is that everybody and his mum can plant guard on others. Guard should be exclusive to tank speccs and forms and should also place a 10 secs (or the like) debuff on the target so that he can't be guarded in a row. This way tanks would have to make up their minds who to guard instead of ping ponging guard without any drawback.

Edited by Cretinus

Main problem is that everybody and his mum can plant guard on others. Guard should be exclusive to tank speccs and forms and should also place a 10 secs (or the like) debuff on the target so that he can't be guarded in a row. This way tanks would have to make up their minds who to guard instead of ping ponging guard without any drawback.

If tanks are CC'd they can't change guard.

Guard is exclusive to tank forms and Only ACs that can choose tanking as a discipline can use Guard provided that they take the appropriate stance. Notwithstanding that they could just as easily respec to Tank and you'd still have the same problem: Tank spec in DPS gear, and there you go.

It's PvP. People will always look for the easy way out, you just have to adopt like a true duelist would and find the strategy that will defeat them. The stronger opponent doesn't always win but the smarter one always has the edge.

Threads like these make me wonder if I should keep playing this game.

For three years tanks have been useless.

Now they start having a role because healing changed and now is more directed towards AoE/group healing making tanks able withstand guard damage better. They START only.

There is still too much weight put onto healing, and pure tanking is still ages from being a truly viable and reliable role.

If this incessant tank bashing bears fruit one day, I swear I'll be done with this game.

Edited by Altheran

If this incessant tank bashing bears fruit one day, I swear I'll be done with this game.

Me too. I like being the garbage man. Doin all the grimmie stuff to piss people off. They messed around with tank side in the wrong way, I'm gone....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.