Leveling with Help of lvl 50+ Players

ballmatt

If you take, say, a level 15 character (just got your ship) and join a group with level 55 players running through, say, Rishii and beyond, will you get the ~1K exp earned from each mob kill?

The heart of my query is this...does exp gained from mob kills decrease based on the level disparity between players in the group, or is it based on the level disparity between mobs and the highest level player in a group?

If it's the latter, would that not be a very quick way to jump to level 30ish? If you gain 500-1500 exp per kill, you could gain a level in one side-quest (just from mobs, I know I wouldn't be able to pick up the quest), assuming you just killed most everything you set your eyes on.

On a completely unrelated note... is it not possible for a Pub char to use Imp reputation gear (and vice versa)? i.e. my Guardian can't wear the Imp Section Guardian Helmet

Edited by ballmatt

If there's a big enough disparity in levels, the lower level characters will not receive experience from mobs. They will receive experience from exploration and quests though.

I believe either faction can wear either faction's reputation gear. It's possible I'm incorrect on this though, if someone who's attempted to more recently wants to speak.

any toon should be able to wear legacy gear since they do not have a class/armor restrictions. You should be able to use the section x legacy pieces on ay toon.

If you buy gear from legacy vendors then that's another story as they are class and armor specific.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.