Space combat question

Frenesi

IDK where to post this

I know this thing is old as mamonths, but right now the big chunk of contend is locked behind the worst grindwall in game. To get reputation you need to finish heroic space missions. To perform heroic missions you need grade 7 components. To get them you need a few thousands of fleet comms. Those drop from heroics by amount of 20 (!), but you can't do them, so feel free to go and get maximum of 5 comms per run from non-heroics. And those have daily lockout. At least previously you could buy grade 7 comps from cartel (which was more of a paywall), but those are now gone as well.

Space combat is fun from time to time, but in current state it's painful to even try and completely non-rewarding. Is there any hope that some common sense rework will come? Or is this aspect of the game abandoned completely?

It would be nice I think, as would newer Grade 8s being released eventually down the road I'd hope... If anything, lowering the cost to get the parts easier or make non heroic versions of the space missions with green rep instead could be a nice addition. Though, if they ever do GSF PvE, having tokens drop there would be welcome too.

In the meantime, I'd like to see the Grade 7 ship parts on the Cartel Market again, if for no reason then my second account didn't get any of them while they were available... My current goal is to either have my main account grind for the commendations to get 2-3 geared up to do the heroics and mail the parts over, though I am not in a rush to do so just yet.

Edited by sabbey

I can understand that the fleet rep is a grind, because you can only get the tokens from the heroic space missions (with the exception of one).

But if fleet comms are what you're after, do space PVP. 40 fleets per daily, 90 fleets per weekly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.