Community Deserves Answers!

BFBHitmarkers

Bioware/EA is aware of the daily complaints posted in the forums. Why is there so little interaction between the community and the Dev's? I understand that probably a good 80% of posts are re-iterations of previous posted questions and that of the 80% useless post..90% of the people partaking in discussion are usually trolling.

*These numbers are pulled out of my *** but this is my general interaction with community forums/discussion*

I feel that it is time we get some serious questions with some serious responses. My suggestion is simple.

1) Find dedicated/mature representatives from each server (3-5 people would suffice) .

2) Have those people lead a discussion thread on individual server forums.

3) Each server will come up with the top 3 community complaints/discussions.

4) Have 1 server representative post their top 3 server complaints/discussion topics

5) Have a dedicated Bioware/EA dev team member respond with actual info/intel.

I think the hardest part would be #5. I remember a while ago, something similar took place, mainly about PvP development. I also remember that a majority of responses were "no" or "no plans" or something along those lines.

Why is it so hard to get actual, real responses. Is the dev team really that busy? or are we (as a community) that naive in thinking we are cared about?

I just want to see this game continue..and at this rate..it is not going to..

Trolls..commence..

DOOMED!! DOOMED!!!

you get more discussion going by not calling everyone trolls..but short answer is, community deserves nothing. are entitled to nothing.

True, but then BioWare is not entitled to my money. It's a two way street.

DOOMED!! DOOMED!!!

you get more discussion going by not calling everyone trolls..but short answer is, community deserves nothing. are entitled to nothing.

I don't understand this opinion when I see it posted. I am paying for a service, I wish to engage with the providers about some aspect of the service, I don't deserve anything? There isn't a business in the world that can function like that. It doesn't even make sense to say. Like it's literally a logical fallacy. I pay for something and deserve nothing in return for payment. Huh.

edit: IS entitled to nothing. The community IS entitled to nothing. I am entitled to nothing. You ARE entitled to nothing.

Edited by VulgarMercurius

I don't understand this opinion when I see it posted. I am paying for a service, I wish to engage with the providers about some aspect of the service, I don't deserve anything? There isn't a business in the world that can function like that. It doesn't even make sense to say. Like it's literally a logical fallacy. I pay for something and deserve nothing in return for payment. Huh.

edit: IS entitled to nothing. The community IS entitled to nothing. I am entitled to nothing. You ARE entitled to nothing.

everytime someone gets a response, there are 1000% other responses asking for more information beyond what was given, information on something unrelated to the original response. *****ES about the information that was given not being 100% correct 6 months later, or even 3 weeks later when something changes (ie. dates or content), or being too vague or to generic because of being dragged over the coals for giving too much information that later changed. Or just blast them out right (heal to full?).

no matter what they do or say, some group (large or small) will do nothing but witch about it. They give what they can, when they can and what they fell it is right time to give it.

you can stop around and demand until blue in the face if you don't like something Door ->and don't let it hit you on the way out.

edit: and thank you for pointing the grammar since thats the best way to shut down someone, but to point out. we ARE entitled to nothing. People ARE entitled to nothing.

Edited by DOHboy

Mystifies me too. Some people seem to think we should all be grateful Bioware takes our money and that we, as consumers, should just be content without any expectations of quality or service.

But I bet those same people blow up if McDonald's leaves pickles on their $1 hamburger.

everytime someone gets a response, there are 1000% other responses asking for more information beyond what was given, information on something unrelated to the original response. *****ES about the information that was given not being 100% correct 6 months later, or even 3 weeks later when something changes (ie. dates or content), or being too vague or to generic because of being dragged over the coals for giving too much information that later changed. Or just blast them out right (heal to full?).

no matter what they do or say, some group (large or small) will do nothing but witch about it. They give what they can, when they can and what they fell it is right time to give it.

you can stop around and demand until blue in the face if you don't like something Door ->and don't let it hit you on the way out.

edit: and thank you for pointing the grammar since thats the best way to shut down someone, but to point out. we ARE entitled to nothing. People ARE entitled to nothing.

lol well man, why shouldn't I point out something as trivial as your poor grammar? I mean, I'm not allowed to talk about the game on these forums according to you. lol Oh shoot I get it. Anyone that has an opinion contrary to yours should just leave? :rolleyes:

Mystifies me too. Some people seem to think we should all be grateful Bioware takes our money and that we, as consumers, should just be content without any expectations of quality or service.

But I bet those same people blow up if McDonald's leaves pickles on their $1 hamburger.

Mhmm. I run a small family business, and let me tell you; if we had that attitude here we wouldn't have been around for 30+ years, with a reputation like ours. Given that we never advertise I think it's safe to assume that customer satisfaction is driving our continued success.

Edited by VulgarMercurius

You are entitled to get precisely what you paid for, which in this case, is subscriber access to the game for a month. That deal doesn't include any "engaging with the providers beyond that, and certainly does it not include a voice in business decisions they make.

you are paying for access to the game. You are getting what you pay for. Access to the forums is a way to communicate with other players and express opinions and have an open dialogue. Access to the community team or any communication there in, is not guaranteed or promised.

can it be better sure, but given the nature of these forums lately it seems anything they say, will be used against them at every opportunity and then some.

they say nothing, get blasted, say something, get blasted and have it held against them.

you are paying for access to the game. You are getting what you pay for. Access to the forums is a way to communicate with other players and express opinions and have an open dialogue. Access to the community team or any communication there in, is not guaranteed or promised.

can it be better sure, but given the nature of these forums lately it seems anything they say, will be used against them at every opportunity and then some.

they say nothing, get blasted, say something, get blasted and have it held against them.

Oh what bologna. Your last assertion has been proven false for 3+ years...don't pretend people don't fawn over them when they post...they DO!

The forums are also for FEEDBACK, which is obviously not being heard, or just not interpreted correctly.

You are entitled to get precisely what you paid for, which in this case, is subscriber access to the game for a month. That deal doesn't include any "engaging with the providers beyond that, and certainly does it not include a voice in business decisions they make.

... so: I paid for early access to an expansion: it barely worked. Was bugged. Introduced extreme ability delay. But I should just slap my ****-eating grin on.

... so: I pay for cartel content and it clips, or has some other bugged nature to it. But I should refrain from posting about it.

LOL well then stop harassing people for their opinions in this open dialogue. Trying to shut people down for posting things you don't want to read. You're infringing on my entitled rights as a member of this community you hilarious hypocrite, you.

Oh what bologna. Your last assertion has been proven false for 3+ years...don't pretend people don't fawn over them when they post...they DO!

The forums are also for FEEDBACK, which is obviously not being heard, or just not interpreted correctly.

I've seen it both ways. see someone post and watch a dozen other questions get asked for more...since nothing they say is ever really enough for some. I've seen when they do say something, and they will pick it apart at every turn if something isn't done exactly as they said.

Take the latest blow up. Forums exploded on the exploit, and they said they would do something. Immediately is what what, when, who etc. Slot machine comes out, people complain about drop rates.

So in response to the exploit complaints, they release information saying its not an exploit and will look at the drop rates.

Respond with changing drop rates, and suddenly they explode (other group) complaining about the nerf and how its worthless wanting a refund, and that they only said they would fix the junk drop rates not EVERYTHING. At which point they have been quoted and requoted about how they lied, bait and switched, mislead, etc.

What do you really want them to do?

too much and something changes they complain about being lied to. Too little and people complain for more. No information claim they never listen.

... Is this another thread about the slot machine? Still? :confused:

And you had to bump another thread about slots, because we need to know you think there are too many of them?

You rail against the existence of this thread, but your post helps keep it on the front page.

Hilarious. Lame and contradictory, but hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle.

LOL well then stop harassing people for their opinions in this open dialogue. Trying to shut people down for posting things you don't want to read. You're infringing on my entitled rights as a member of this community you hilarious hypocrite, you.

Not sure why you think I'm harassing or why I am a hypocrite. Demanding more communication is nothing new around here. Just pointing out that when they do give more info often times they get blasted for it. When they don't they get blasted for it.

They have at times given good info that has gone over well. but just as often they tend to get roasted just as quickly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.