Input from PVP'ers

Megsking

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7982007#post7982007

I made a post on the suggestion section, that I believe is good I have got a couple of replies from PVE type players. However as it would impact everyone, I'm interested in the views of PVP player.

As if the idea is picked up Bioware It would effect PVP is why I want to direct attention to the post. I have edited the OP with the ideas from some of the replies and really would like all the input I can get.

I have been dreaming of a fleet invasion for a long time. Would be awesome though I would change some of the stuff you suggested. The rewards should not give any other benefits besides comms, consumables, or credits. If you want to have gear available for the event make them purchasable with comms. It would not be a good idea to either increase or decrease power for the faction in PVP. I would definitely fight against that idea. But the concept in general would be fun.

I'm sure many pvers would hate it. Lowwbies would probably hate it too. PVP centric players like myself would love it.

I've also wanted something like what City of Heros used to have with supergroup bases. I'd like to be able to challenge another guild to raid their stronghold and if they accept be able to schedule a time. It would put the strong hold in an instance to where you could damage it, but once it is over the instance would end and everything would be repaired. Wouldn't really be about rewards or penalties. More about guilds battling other guilds on their home turf. If rewards are an absolute must maybe the reward could be like 5% of the guild banks credits.

I have been dreaming of a fleet invasion for a long time. Would be awesome though I would change some of the stuff you suggested. The rewards should not give any other benefits besides comms, consumables, or credits. If you want to have gear available for the event make them purchasable with comms. It would not be a good idea to either increase or decrease power for the faction in PVP. I would definitely fight against that idea. But the concept in general would be fun.

I'm sure many pvers would hate it. Lowwbies would probably hate it too. PVP centric players like myself would love it.

I've also wanted something like what City of Heros used to have with supergroup bases. I'd like to be able to challenge another guild to raid their stronghold and if they accept be able to schedule a time. It would put the strong hold in an instance to where you could damage it, but once it is over the instance would end and everything would be repaired. Wouldn't really be about rewards or penalties. More about guilds battling other guilds on their home turf. If rewards are an absolute must maybe the reward could be like 5% of the guild banks credits.

I honestly think from what I am seeing there will be an equal amount of PVE players that will like and not like it. One of the suggestions given was - That a separate instance will be avalible for the people that do not want to do it. It will come up and ask you if you want to go to the instance with PVP or not.

Besides the power increase / decrease the other rewards were ok with you? with something like this It is important the rewards for winning and losing are the same. Which was my reason for the losing team to just have -5% reduction. I wanted to make it something that people will WANT to do , to try and get the rewards for the faction and avoid getting the rewards for losing.

I think it's a good idea, overall; I would do it. One thing I would change, though: don't disable the losing faction's pvp terminals for a week. It doesn't make sense for them to not be able to do dailies for a week.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is how that would affect people that choose to RP on fleet, a bunch of imps running, jumping and /lol'ing about the cantina while people try to RP on pub fleet would be a little silly.

They could make a separate area/instance of the fleet for it, maybe? Like, has the same layout as the main fleet area but killable NPCs (no quest NPCs or anything), med bays, etc.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

If this happened on my server id feel really bad because there are only like two decent pvp guilds on pub side but imps dominate pvp, which is where this matters. Most pve players arent equiped for pvp, *cough* clickers *cough*, so with all the really gpod pvp guilds on empire, well the pubs would never have a fleet :p of course I wouldn't mind reaping the rewards. I think that if the punishments were a bit less severe this would work better, increasing prices from vendors for example is a bad idea but if instead a "tax" were taken off of every gtn sale that week or something along those lines to pay for the repairs that would be cool. Reducing power in pvp also seems like a bad idea but making it so that it takes more to get medals, 120k instead of 90k for example, might be easier to swallow. For the pve people, causing fps or ops to drop 3 less comms from the weekly or something along those lines, so its not just the pvp people getting hurt by it

If this happened on my server id feel really bad because there are only like two decent pvp guilds on pub side but imps dominate pvp, which is where this matters. Most pve players arent equiped for pvp, *cough* clickers *cough*, so with all the really gpod pvp guilds on empire, well the pubs would never have a fleet :p of course I wouldn't mind reaping the rewards. I think that if the punishments were a bit less severe this would work better, increasing prices from vendors for example is a bad idea but if instead a "tax" were taken off of every gtn sale that week or something along those lines to pay for the repairs that would be cool. Reducing power in pvp also seems like a bad idea but making it so that it takes more to get medals, 120k instead of 90k for example, might be easier to swallow. For the pve people, causing fps or ops to drop 3 less comms from the weekly or something along those lines, so its not just the pvp people getting hurt by it

You bring up some good concerns I liked to address here, I should explained the way I tried to present the idea,

Is there is a PVE element to this event, where NPCS and terminals had to killed an access, So those who like PVE can stick to what they are good at. While the attack PVE players are doing their job, the Attacking PVP players would be required to defend the PVE players from the defending PVP players. (Granted this will require organization and team work.) So you are going to want some people in PVE gear to take out the NPCs

With the Rewards and Penalties - The value of them both has to be equal meaning the rewards just Good as the Penalties are as bad. It is basic business 101 supply and Demand, After losing some of their supplies the prices would go up. However the %age of the increase could be as low as like 2%-5% I realize 25% is a tad high. Also the increase prices would be just local to the fleet go to the same vendor on Tython and the prices would be normal.

I do agree about the PVP terminals - the only reason for the PVP NPCS to be disabled because they will be part of the defense. If they lost they will be dead.

Essentially - If people see the potential Penalties they will be motivated to prevent that happening to their faction. we would get more passionate fights and events if the stakes are high.

Making the victory seem sweeter. As the Sith say a victory with out struggle is no victory at all.

Basically I'm trying to stir up every player that sees what could happen to be pick up their weapon and try and stop it from happening.

This could also be the medicine for servers such as yours motivate the people enough and get them in enough scraps those pubs will learn soon enough how to fight. May take a couple events to get it right It will happen.

Edited by Megsking

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7982007#post7982007

I made a post on the suggestion section, that I believe is good I have got a couple of replies from PVE type players. However as it would impact everyone, I'm interested in the views of PVP player.

As if the idea is picked up Bioware It would effect PVP is why I want to direct attention to the post. I have edited the OP with the ideas from some of the replies and really would like all the input I can get.

unfortunately the game engine cannot properly handle any kind of mass pvp or pve. also,"fleet wars" will never happen. ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.