Current best performing healer currently?

Turbinex

Since you are in the PVP section asking this, I am assuming you are asking which is better for PVP.

I don't play a Inquisitor or Counselor so I can't speak for either of these classes, but I would stay away from Commando / Merc healers for PVP. They lack an escape or stealth, and in 4 v 4 matches probably will be the initial focus by the opposing team in all matches. The odds of you surviving long in PUG matches are very slim and only slightly better even in Pre-mades.

As for the IA / Smuggler healers, I have only played Operative healer in this group and can't speak about the other. But the operative has stealth so you can avoid the initial focus and can escape when you become the target. You just have higher surviveability than the Commando / Merc counterparts. I've can do pretty well in most matches, but you got to stay on the move. Even though your stealth and stun dart make you a good candidate for node guard, you have a higher purpose which is to keep people alive. You got to stay with the group regardless unless you have multiple healers on the team.

On a side note, people tend to still ignore healers when it comes time to MVP vote at the end. If this means something to you, you have to keep ungodly high heal numbers in your matches. This means stay with the group and heal like crazy.

Commandos were and always have been really good at healing themselves. Their heals are not so good at dealing with scattered damage.

One of their heals is technically a damage reducer, only healing in response to damage so it's almost incapable of healing someone up. That's their primary crowd healing move so to actually heal people up they need to cast a lot which is not so good if they are forced to move constantly.

Scoundrels can do substantial healing up on the move on multiple targets at once.

I'm not very up to date on on sage healing.

Edited by Gyronamics

Sorc > Merc > Operative.

Sorc = few buttons to press => good AOE => good burst healing. It is squishy in ranked and you will die quick without peels

Mercenary = Way more buttons to press => Average AOE => Great burst healing. NO anti tunnel abilities but has far better mitigation than sorc. Overall it takes a lot of effort to play this class to a high degree of skill.

Operative = Tedious healing => Average AOE => Average burst healing. Squishy and dies very quickly when locked down and focused.

Just behind the worst healing spec has to be sorcs or operatives in dps spec.

The offhealing possible is immense.

Then behind every spec except carnage maruaders I'd place mercs in dps spec for worst healing potential in combat.

Let's just derail the heck out of this thread. NERF IT NAOW. But yeah, Madness Sorcs have lol good self heals. Not uncommon for me to be able to put up 500-600k healing with a million damage. Spam dot FTW.

Sages/Sorcs are far and away the best healers at the moment. They are also the most popular in team rateds, which usually says a lot.

Scoundrels/Operatives and Commando/Mercs I would say are probably tied, with the edge going to scoundrel if you want a little more mobile healing and the edge going to commando if you are running with a team who knows how to capitalize on having an Elctro-net.

Sorc's are on top they are once again the aoe fluff masters, but the gap between all three is closer than it's been. You can be viable with all specs, though merc certainly takes the most effort.

One of their heals is technically a damage reducer, only healing in response to damage so it's almost incapable of healing someone up. That's their primary crowd healing move so to actually heal people up they need to cast a lot which is not so good if they are forced to move constantly.

This is untrue. I wouldn't consider Kolto shell a "damage reducer" and certainly not the primary group heal as it was nerfed in 3.0. It's to maintain HPS on targets that aren't the damage focus as well as keep your proc up, it generally procs off a dot tick and it heals for more than most of those. The primary group heal is progressive scan and situationally kolto missile is even stronger.

Merc/mando healing's weakness isn't healing output, we have the best burst in the game, it's lack of mobility and significant DCD's as it's always been. However, as I said, the gap is smaller now.

Edited by TezMoney

Sorcs>ops>mercs.

Sorcs can keyboard turn, facetank and pull off greater hps than any other healer in a warzone. They have tons of utility and survivability. You may argue it's fluff healing but as I see it there is no such thing as fluff healing in ranked arenas for example. OPs are in about the same place as before 3.0. They have to check and manage their resources nowadays. Mercs have heavy armor and that's about it. They have ok burst if everything crits but honestly you aren't saving anyone because once you have blown that burst you are medshotting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.