Why you (devs) don't want to provide fast and hot fixes ?

StreetPunk

I know, any thing but Cartel Market doesn't bother you but why do you think that:

- broken loot tables 8/16m

- ops bugs, especially OPS such as DP heal challenge, DF NiM Full healed tentacles at last phase, Underlurker's broken Devastation, Torque's bugged droids, lasers, consoles...

...are normal to be broken for month or so ? This is a spit in the face of your community. We paying you for your game, we paying for your support, so please, provide it in normal way. Not a month or week...

And I was always wondering, why such crap doesn't fixed yet ?

-disappearing training dummy

-random GTN filter or totally mess sort at first time visiting it after login

-stucking on Rishi near wooden bridge at first location

-friend list ( I think I shouldn't comment the problem)

-change instance issue

That's not all list, but still.

And the last but not least: WHY you destroyed dammit sentinels (yes, my favorite class :)) in PvP ?! And the most annoying you planning to fix it after PvP season start !

Edited by StreetPunk

You can wait a long time. This topic has been through here various times and the reality lies probably in the following two points:

1) Things are often not as easy to fix as people think. Whenever you change something it can have all kinds of effects on things that are linked to it. So not only can it be tricky to find what actually EXACTLY causes the bug and under which circumstances, but it can also be very tricky to fix it without messing something else up. Some things can be fixed quickly, some just can't.

2) My personal view is that BW could do with a better budget for development and bug fixes. The tools and manpower that they do have available also limit their momentum.

Like I said, it's been through here many times. These two points are probably the most reasonable explanations as far as I'm concerned.

There are still blatant launch bugs that haven't been fixed, you expect new bugs to be fixed?

It gets old knowing that they just don't care about a quality product.

How about something simple, like the GTN search for "usable by" and you have a drop down box and can pick you or a companion. That has never worked.

Fix it or remove it, leaving it broken for 3 years shows a lack of care.

If nothing else, I think this post is genius for coining an awesome new phrase.

I, for one, look forward to the day when devs (of any game, not just this one) stop implementing hotfixes, replacing them instead with "fast and hot fixes." I'm not sure what the difference will be, exactly, but I'm sure it will be glorious.

You can wait a long time. This topic has been through here various times and the reality lies probably in the following two points:

1) Things are often not as easy to fix as people think.

2) My personal view is that BW could do with a better budget for development and bug fixes. The tools and manpower that they do have available also limit their momentum.

1) Mostly sounds like excuses. They fix CM bugs ASAP but others...not really.

2) They want to spend less money and get more. They wouldn't do that I think but I'd want to..

If nothing else, I think this post is genius for coining an awesome new phrase.

I, for one, look forward to the day when devs (of any game, not just this one) stop implementing hotfixes, replacing them instead with "fast and hot fixes." I'm not sure what the difference will be, exactly, but I'm sure it will be glorious.

Hot means fast in phrase "Hot fix" ) It means fix in couple hours and up to one day. Not week, month or year...

Hot means fast in phrase "Hot fix" ) It means fix in couple hours and up to one day. Not week, month or year...

Thanks for the clarification. It sounded dirty, good to know its not . . . so a fast and hot fix will be a "fast and fast fix." Awesome!

They fix CM bugs ASAP

Bahahahahahahahaha....

-takes a breath-

Hahahahahahahahahs

If only....

Jaraels & Revanite tunic "erection" bug, anything that has a male and female version you put on vector or scourge gives them a bra or changes their skin tone... yeah they fix CM bugs... lol

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.