Which sith class should I play....

Jedi_riches

I mainly play republic characters and have completed all 4 republic stories, I want (at least try) to play one of the sith classes (I have started them but never gotten them off Dromund Kaas). I will probably go with the Jugg or Inquisitor as I was fine with the playstyles of my Guardian and Sage.

Now since I have never gotten off Dromund Kaas I don't know enough about the stories or companions could you please give a few pro's or cons to each of these classes (if it helps I probably won't be full DS so either neutral or LS)

Sith Warrior where you choose based on common sense (mostly ends up neutral) is very interesting and makes the most sense. Full dark can be fun, but suffers from predictability in the way you basically become a living meatgrinder. Full light leads to some stupid descisions that make little sense as Sith. Kinda like full DS Jedi. Neutral or leaning slightly either side seems to create the most well-balanced character and actually has some forsight in terms of the story.

I found Inquisitors to be the most sensible as mostly DS. The story, unlike the warrior, doesn't seem as tailored to LS. Most LS descisions reflect negatively on the character amd feel very unsithy.

Also, Baras is quite a bit more fun (and more fun to piss off) than Zash.

Qua companions, the warrior wins without a shadow of a doubt. With Vette being the cute sidekick (like Kira but way more fun), Jaesa being able to be turned dark or not and Quin's... eh... role in the story, I find the warrior's companions the best bar none.

Unquisitor companions are... meh. Though Khem Val kinda grows on you. :)

If sith, go assassin

If imp go operative. Best story.

Assassin maybe, Operative Noooooooooooooooooooo. Roll a Sniper if u roll an Agent right now, Ops aren't in a great place overall. Wait for BW to tweak the AC a bit before trying it.

Back to the question at hand:

Light Side Warrior is fun. Some people claim that a ton of moral questions (those with LS/DS choices) do not make since if you go full Light. To me, it feels like you are a rebel within a group that is only trying to kill each other and you. Neutral could work very well, full Dark is just another mindless murdering d-bag. I played a Juggernaut, and love the play style.

Also did full Light Inquisitor. I mirror that full Light makes for a quite odd storyline, but it worked for me. Light leaning neutral would work here as well. Played a Sorcerer and its very fun.

Assassin maybe, Operative Noooooooooooooooooooo. Roll a Sniper if u roll an Agent right now, Ops aren't in a great place overall. Wait for BW to tweak the AC a bit before trying it.

Back to the question at hand:

Light Side Warrior is fun. Some people claim that a ton of moral questions (those with LS/DS choices) do not make since if you go full Light. To me, it feels like you are a rebel within a group that is only trying to kill each other and you. Neutral could work very well, full Dark is just another mindless murdering d-bag. I played a Juggernaut, and love the play style.

Also did full Light Inquisitor. I mirror that full Light makes for a quite odd storyline, but it worked for me. Light leaning neutral would work here as well. Played a Sorcerer and its very fun.

Because someone interested in class story cares about viability.

Yeah, I know for a fact I would roll Operative rather than sniper since I have played scoundrel and gunslinger and I really don't like slinger playstyle.

AAHH! I still don't really know which to do, from what I have seen I like Vette, but who can say no to being able to throw force lightning everywhere (hm! actually thats a good point if I level up a sorc all my characters can do it with heroic moment).

Maybe I will try both (at the same time), but will I then get bored with doing the same planet back to back. Oh well I cant get on tonight anyway so I have an extra day to decide.

AAHH! I still don't really know which to do, from what I have seen I like Vette, but who can say no to being able to throw force lightning everywhere (hm! actually thats a good point if I level up a sorc all my characters can do it with heroic moment).

Force lightning seemed great fun to me at first too... But while awesome at first, it got real old, real fast. Up to a point where I enjoy the more subtle Sage animations a lot more. But that's more of a personal thing. :p

Maybe I will try both (at the same time), but will I then get bored with doing the same planet back to back. Oh well I cant get on tonight anyway so I have an extra day to decide.

I usually level two classes as well. But I don't start the second class until I get a bit bored of the first. That usually only happens around level ~40 for me. Starting up a new class at that moment means not having to do the same planet back to back. It depends on how quickly you get bored of a class.

That said, if you get bored of a class each planet after a single planet, it's probably not the class to play. :p

That said, if you get bored of a class each planet after a single planet, it's probably not the class to play. :p

Well I definitely need to sort out my imp side, so far I have a level 30(ish) powertech, a level 18 Operative and never gotten past level 14 with either SW or SI. I am just a republic at heart I think, but I want the addition Heroic unlocks + bonus for completed companion conversation.

To a point they wouldn't care. Then they hit 55, or now 60 and learn what really works or doesn't.

Agent story is by far my favorite story. But AC wise, I'm in favor of Sniper vs Operative. That's me. I have a Sniper, then a Scoundrel and Slinger. Loved my Scoundrel pre-3.0, now I cant stand it. Again, my preferences.

Played what you like to play. People will always have opinions. Just form your own.

Well I definitely need to sort out my imp side, so far I have a level 30(ish) powertech, a level 18 Operative and never gotten past level 14 with either SW or SI. I am just a republic at heart I think, but I want the addition Heroic unlocks + bonus for completed companion conversation.

I was that way for the longest time. Had 5 Republic 55s, but could never get an Imp pass Balmorra or level 22. Then My guild's Imperial satellite started growing I had was forced in a way to start leveling them up. Now I have 9 Republic vs 5 Imperial toons, but play the Imperial about 65% of the time currently.

Can not overstate how useful having all 8 Heroic Moment class powers can be. Was worth the time and effort

Can not overstate how useful having all 8 Heroic Moment class powers can be. Was worth the time and effort

Nearly got 'm all, never ever use 'm. At all. Don't even feel the slightest need for them. Hell, barely ever use Heroic Moment and/or Unity even. Only use the latter if and when I intentionally solo content not meant to be solo'd. :p

Well I did start at the weekend with the Warrior DPS, running round with Treek (seems odd this bad*** running around with a teddy bear). I will play as a neutral/LS I will stay neutral so long as the DS choices don't end up like "I will enjoy slaughtering them all" etc he will kill but not be sadistic about it.

I did not get as much chance to play at all at the weekend due to my niece's birthday party but I did get slightly further on Dromund Kaas than I ever managed before (granted that was not further than your 1st class mission previously).

I decided to go with the Jugg in the end rather than a Mara since I know I enjoyed the guardian play style I should like the Jugg the last thing I wanted was to find I disliked playing a Mara.

The only problem I am finding is that I am much more familiar with the guardian name of the moves I can never remember in the "heat of the moment" which move is which. I think I need to find a list of moves with the republic counterpart written (along with the move icon) along side it so I can keep it with me.

Nearly got 'm all, never ever use 'm. At all. Don't even feel the slightest need for them. Hell, barely ever use Heroic Moment and/or Unity even. Only use the latter if and when I intentionally solo content not meant to be solo'd. :p

Never said I use them very often. Just how awesome they are when you use them. Unity I use much more often, its quite useful on tough fights.

You summed up Heroic Moment perfectly; something to use when you arent meant to beat the content.

Well I did start at the weekend with the Warrior DPS, running round with Treek (seems odd this bad*** running around with a teddy bear). I will play as a neutral/LS I will stay neutral so long as the DS choices don't end up like "I will enjoy slaughtering them all" etc he will kill but not be sadistic about it.

I did not get as much chance to play at all at the weekend due to my niece's birthday party but I did get slightly further on Dromund Kaas than I ever managed before (granted that was not further than your 1st class mission previously).

I decided to go with the Jugg in the end rather than a Mara since I know I enjoyed the guardian play style I should like the Jugg the last thing I wanted was to find I disliked playing a Mara.

The only problem I am finding is that I am much more familiar with the guardian name of the moves I can never remember in the "heat of the moment" which move is which. I think I need to find a list of moves with the republic counterpart written (along with the move icon) along side it so I can keep it with me.

Glad you went with a Jugg. Maras are in a weird place. They are still very good, but it requires a level of work the Jugg doesnt even need. Plus, Juggs and Guardians are much more classic Sith and Jedi to me then dual-wielding Maras and Sents.

I was tempted with the Mara but in the end I went Jugg for 2 reasons:

1) I knew I could play Jugg as it mirrored the Guardian and I do not want to play part of the game just to restart again as I did not like the play style (I have already done that with a Gunslinger and a Merc).

2) I had heard one or two comments about Mara's/Sent's as not being "nice" classes to play now I did not really read up on these to find out whether the comments were aimed towards PvE of PvP, but I decided to stick with what I knew.

I was tempted with the Mara but in the end I went Jugg for 2 reasons:

1) I knew I could play Jugg as it mirrored the Guardian and I do not want to play part of the game just to restart again as I did not like the play style (I have already done that with a Gunslinger and a Merc).

2) I had heard one or two comments about Mara's/Sent's as not being "nice" classes to play now I did not really read up on these to find out whether the comments were aimed towards PvE of PvP, but I decided to stick with what I knew.

That is more for pvp than pve. Though, mara do have a slightly higher learning curve. using the same things with different names (guard to jugg) might make it harder to finish the story, as "doing it all again" might get boring. while playing the other ac would add some "freshness" to the experience.

I have both a Jugg (LS) and Mara (DS), and I will warn you, the story will make more sense if you lean to the DS of things. Besides, DS gets psycho-killer, fun to be around Jaesa, while LS gets goody-two-shoes party-pooper Jaesa. Vette is fun either way, and you'll learn to hate Quinn, just like everyone else does. (If not sooner, then later for sure.) And it is required to call Baras, Darth Fatass.. because it is true. Hard to respect that guy, I always half expected to see him holding a donut in hand when I showed up to meet him.

As for the abilities, why not write down the order on your bar that your guardian uses, then use that same order for your jugg? Muscle memory should help then. Use Dulfy disc calculator, and compare the names out.

Huh..I had actually completely forgotten about Heroic Moment till I read this. I don't use it either (obviously), and I can't really think of many situations where it would have helped me, most of the fights I go down in that 2% every 3 seconds would probably not be enough to save me. :p

Unity I use semi-regularly, just to cut recovery time.

Huh..I had actually completely forgotten about Heroic Moment till I read this. I don't use it either (obviously), and I can't really think of many situations where it would have helped me, most of the fights I go down in that 2% every 3 seconds would probably not be enough to save me. :p

Unity I use semi-regularly, just to cut recovery time.

I've used mine pretty regularly lately while leveling up an alt.

I'm currently on alderaan at lvl 25 and in lvl 21 gear... Heroic Moment helps ALOT with boss fights :D

Alas, I worry that it is time to grind some KDY to get a few levels before continuing.

I hate doing the sidequests so I'm trying to do almost exclusively class storyline until I absolutely have to grind a few levels, and then I do that by running KDY a few times.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.