Sith Juggernaut?

KingLordPrince

Howdy, everyone!

I'm almost a level 50 jugg (immortal) but the problem is that I'm getting confused....I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with my newbieish questions...

1-Should I spend my basic comms on a full lvl 50 set? Or save em till I hit lvl 60?

2- I decided to leave this till I reach lvl 50 so here we go...What are the best mods for an immortal tank? And what stats should I put my focus on?

3- Should I just start doing operations once I hit lvl 50?

4- Right now, I maxed my slicing and underworld trading...Should I ditch one of them? If not what's the best crew skill that goes with em?

I pretty much know the rotations and everything but gearing is my only problem, at the moment :/

Thanks!

Edited by KingLordPrince

Got to makeb click the gsi terminal and level in makeb to lvl 55. Then do the revan prelude until your 57. Then go Rishi and Yavin, bäm your lvl 60. The prelude wil give you gear for rishi and yavin. Once your lvl 60 spend your comms for 186 items. You mainly want defense/absorb/shieldrating on your equip.

Howdy, everyone!

I'm almost a level 50 jugg (immortal) but the problem is that I'm getting confused....I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with my newbieish questions...

1-Should I spend my basic comms on a full lvl 50 set? Or save em till I hit lvl 60?

I'd pick up 140 mods from the Makeb vendor, then save the rest.

2- I decided to leave this till I reach lvl 50 so here we go...What are the best mods for an immortal tank? And what stats should I put my focus on?

It's not going to matter THAT much, but I'd put Defense on the mods, and Shield and Absorb on the Enhancements. Try to use the lowest Endurance mods you can find with the highest secondary stats. I think it's fine to use high-endurance armorings, though some may argue.

You can, but you'll be waiting for groups to form. I'd go level up to 55 on Makeb, then start the SoR storyline.

4- Right now, I maxed my slicing and underworld trading...Should I ditch one of them? If not what's the best crew skill that goes with em?

Crew skills are a big money sink. Sliced Tech Parts, however, are usable by any crew skill that makes augments. You might want to keep them just to get the purple mats for selling, then use the money to pick up augments for your gear.

I pretty much know the rotations and everything but gearing is my only problem, at the moment :/

Thanks!

Answers in green.

Well what I did was save them till I was 60 by the time I got to 60 I was close to 1000 basic comms so I got a lot of my gear right off... Edited by Legolose

Howdy, everyone!

Save them! Thanks to bolster on Makeb, in tactical flashpoints, war zones and SOLO flashpoints, there is no need to buy a single piece of gear between Corellia and level 60. Save your basic comms for 186 gear. Remember to use the GSI Satellite Support Terminal on Makeb (the buff falls off when you die or log off, so remember to reapply it). If Makeb doesn't take you to level 55, do a few WZs or TFPs. Once you are level 55, start the Shadow of Revan prelude on your ship and do the SOLO mode flashpoints -- which are also bolstered. A the end of it, you will have aa complete set of moddable green 168 gear. Rishi and the beginning of Yavin will then give you another green 168 set (useful for gearing a companion, if you're using one with the same mainstat (i.e., Broonmark for you)) and a blue 178 set to replace the former. Those should get you to level 60, at which point you can buy PROPER gear. (Remember: the Prelude to SoR gives you three lockboxes of a total 298 free basic comms. Don't open them if you're already at 500+, or you WILL go over the cap. Don't spend too much on your companion, either, the Yavin Weekly and Dailies on Rishi and Yavin give you a full 192 Legacy set for one companion each time you do it.

There are very detailed, numbercrunched guides to tank gearing and the ideal build varies from boss to boss, but as a general rule of thumb, jugg tanks want high Defense followed by Shield and Absorb. All other secondary stats are useless, and I recommend going with Endurance crystals.. Use Guardian armorings, and try to get your set-bonus. As for mods, you can either go the "high endurance" route which seeks to survive longer if all mitigation fails by taking B mods (with Defense / Absorb and Strength, naturally) or the "mean mitigation" route which generally has a better rate of mitigated damage, but also is more dangerous when you get bad rolls on the RNG, in which case you should go for the unlettered mods from Ops token gear. Dulfy's guide goes into some more detail. http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-0-immortal-juggernaut-tanking-guide-by-artorias/

Not if you followed my advice under 1) and didn't gear yourself. Once you are level 60 and geared, you can start doing ops. If you've never raided in an MMO before, I recommend joining / organising a pug run of a lvl 50 op (Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace are still popular for the nostalgia value and the decorations, and can be facerolled even in Nightmare Mode) to ease into it, if you have raiding experience, join pug runs of the lvl 55 ops (Terror from Beyond, Scum and Villainy, Dread Fortress, Dread Palace). The level 60 ops are still a bit difficult to pug. Remember to always mention you are new and ask for tactic explanations before each boss. In terms of storyline, Karagga's Palace -> Makeb storyline belong together and Explosive Conflict -> Terror from Beyond -> Scum and Villainy -> Oricon storyline -> Dread Fortress -> Dread Palace form the Dread War arc.

Slicing and Underworld Traiding are good for a first toon, as you don't yet have the massive credit base to properly craft and make a profit. Since you only have two crew skills, I imagine you're a Preferred player, in which case there isn't much point in crafting anyway. If not, both of these are profiteering skills, so one thing that would fit well is Armormech or Cybertech, but in either case you'd have to buy Scavenging materials on the GTN. Alternatively, take Scavenging and be the one selling the mats.

Thanks!

Answers in RED

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.