Suggestion for keeping slot machines viable

MalthusMalfoy

I normally wouldn't post, but the obvious pandering to the whiners has reached an all time low. I agree the drop rate should have been adjusted to something reasonable. Not the utter destruction of a premium item which added something to do waiting in your stronghold for a group to finish forming forming up or to wind down after an op. I apologize to the developers if they take offense, penalizing your players to protect a handful of complainers is wrong. Yes cut the jawa junk drop rates in half, it was unreasonable to buy two stacks of coins and get 11 jawa junk.

Why not randomize the green rep tokens, add basic comms as a rare or very rare drop. You could add dozens of different items/currency that are bind on legacy and would not affect the economy in any way. I am sure there are several players who would spin away for the chance to get that 1 or 2 helix sticks they need for a certain gree item or the handful of rep points they need to max out an old rep. Throw some old and discontinued armor skins in as ultra rare drops, (Tionese gear skins)

To all those who will whine because of another thread, have at it, you have just as much right to complain about my post as I have to state my opinion.

Edited by MalthusMalfoy

Many of us that are complaining fully understand that SOMETHING had to happen...

A 50% drop across the board would have been ok. Some items were 99% less. That isn't an "adjustment", not by any definition that I'd use. That is simply removing the item outright as a useful drop.

Maybe cut the Jawa Junk by 70% but increase the green and blue Jawa by 30% each? Or maybe leave blue where it is and raise green by 70%.

Cartel Certificates were rather common, cut those in half.

The current nerf is just insane, no one played our 4 slot machines last night. They have been rendered pointless.

Just from my own experience...the ONLY thing that needed *reduced* were the scrap/junk drops. In several stacks of 99 coins (pre-nerf) I was maybe seeing one cartel cert per stack...maybe. Now they simply don't drop. What I am "rewarded" with now, is a 51% jackpot rate, and still losing 30% of the credits I spent when I go to cash in the useless rep tokens that I maxed out rep with over a year ago.

The funny thing is, I didn't even know this stupid machine was in the latest pack. I just buy packs for mounts and armor (typically). When I saw the slot machine (and I saw many - I actually got about 6 of them about of hypercrates), I just thought they were some fancy version of the 1 credit slot decor pieces. Once I realized you could actually use them, I did, but I dang sure didn't go nuttty on them by stockpiling mats or anything. Oh well....guess I shoulda paid more attention earlier! lol

I normally wouldn't post, but the obvious pandering to the whiners has reached an all time low. I agree the drop rate should have been adjusted to something reasonable. Not the utter destruction of a premium item which added something to do waiting in your stronghold for a group to finish forming forming up or to wind down after an op.

^ I think this sums up the average view right now...

I think most people saw the drop rates were a bit too high, but the nerf took them to nearly nothing, to the point where there is no reason to even try...

A week later, still no one on our flag ship using the machines, they were rendered pointless... if nothing is done in a week, our GM is planning to remove 3 of them and put 1 in a corner somewhere for newer members who could use the rep, but otherwise, they are worthless now.

The middle is a nice place to be, or did Bioware never read Goldilocks and the Three Bears?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.