Every single thread on the front page right now is about the slot machine nerf...

TheSeventhJedi

Does anyone have ANYTHING else they'd like to talk about? I mean, I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm out of things to say about it.

I was disappointed to see the Deja Vu thread fall off of the 1st page, it had so much potential for the SWTOR / SWG debate.

Well, if the first page (and probably most of the second, too) is ONLY about the slot machine nerf, then I think that this sends a very, very clear message to Bioware.

Of all the many outrages we witnessed here, this is - as far as I remember - the biggest one.

Don't be angry at the people posting about it. They merely react. The ones who acted are to blame. Since there is not much you can do in that matter, people post here. Seems legit to me.

Well, if the first page (and probably most of the second, too) is ONLY about the slot machine nerf, then I think that this sends a very, very clear message to Bioware.

Of all the many outrages we witnessed here, this is - as far as I remember - the biggest one.

Don't be angry at the people posting about it. They merely react. The ones who acted are to blame. Since there is not much you can do in that matter, people post here. Seems legit to me.

It's actually pretty much all of pages 1-4 and half of page 5.

It's actually pretty much all of pages 1-4 and half of page 5.

This is the first time I can recall that they nerfed a "real money" item. Even worse, it was after just a week.

In game credits are make believe, real money isn't. If refunds for hypercrates purchased in the past week were provided, I suspect much of this issue would go away.

I think the slot machine incident deserves a bit of attention because it highlights some serious shortcomings in planning, foresight, execution and communication of a game feature. It's not about the slot machine itself its about how BW handled it .... and handled it very poorly which I go on about a bit longer here.

I think the slot machine incident deserves a bit of attention because it highlights some serious shortcomings in planning, foresight, execution and communication of a game feature. It's not about the slot machine itself its about how BW handled it .... and handled it very poorly which I go on about a bit longer here.

^ This... It is reflective in the way in which Bioware is being run these days, some new management is needed at this point...

That the slots seems to be priority one when so many bugs from 3.0 remain indicates how far out of touch they are.

Does anyone have ANYTHING else they'd like to talk about? I mean, I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm out of things to say about it.

Every thread should be about the machine. That's why it was changed to begin with. BW really messed up the PR on this one, and all they have to do to fix it is offer customers a refund on the machines.

In the future Eric is going to make everyone in his office put down a deposit with him before he ever tells the community that an item is working as intended. He's catching a ton of grief right now for just repoeating what he was told to say.

I'm not upset with the change, I'm upset with how they applied and its so much of a nerf. They should of came out and supported it, and then a day before patch nerf it to the ground.

At this point id does nothing but give you rep items, that you can max out in 2 weeks of time with the cap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.