Make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players (?)

Voemel

This quote is from less than 5 days ago...

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts.

Now it is extremely unlikely that a player can receive Jawa Junk from the slot machine. So, did you change your minds? Do you no longer want to make Grade 11 mats more accessible to more players? Or do you just not want the slot machine to be the method to make Grade 11 materials more accessible?

If this is the case, what method will be enabled to make them easier to attain?

I am disappointed in the decision to diminish the slot machine returns. I thought I might finally be able to augment more than 1 or 2 of my characters. I thought this would also allow me to change looks more often, because I never have the credits to pay for new gear to be augmented. I would have bought more packs to do this.

I don't know what to say. There are so many problems with the game in the past 6 weeks. And the poor responses, and/or lack thereof, from EAWare are just as numerous. You guys should all be embarrassed. Very embarrassed. I know I am - just admitting to have hung around for so long, thinking it would improve.

Please do the right thing and fix this mistake. Or share the new plan to have more Grade 11 mats more accessible.

A concerned customer

5% increase in customer retention can increase a company’s profitability by 75%

80% of your company’s future revenue will come from just 20% of your existing customers

Attracting new customers will cost your company 5 times more than keeping an existing customer

This quote is from less than 5 days ago...

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts.

Now it is extremely unlikely that a player can receive Jawa Junk from the slot machine. So, did you change your minds? Do you no longer want to make Grade 11 mats more accessible to more players? Or do you just not want the slot machine to be the method to make Grade 11 materials more accessible?

He never indicated that the Slot Machine was a significant means by which they wanted to increase the availability (3.0.2 made grade 11 mats available from the Jawas - that was the increased availability), he specifically pointed out that the Slot Machine dropped simultaneously with that change, not as a part of it.

The combination of those two different things happening together is part of what threw things out of whack.

Edited by DarthDymond

Remove blue and purple Grade 11 from Jawa Vendors fixes all these "problems" we are having, then of course bring the Slot Machines back to where they where.

No it doesn't. grade 11 mats identified as not being accessible enough to playersis not resolved AND you only heighten the stranglehold on the markets by the people who dedicate all their time to arbitrage etc and put a strangle on the markets for mats.

You are wrong.

No it doesn't. grade 11 mats identified as not being accessible enough to playersis not resolved AND you only heighten the stranglehold on the markets by the people who dedicate all their time to arbitrage etc and put a strangle on the markets for mats.

You are wrong.

It is. They are now available through Jawas. Before they were not.

Case closed.

Remove blue and purple Grade 11 from Jawa Vendors fixes all these "problems" we are having, then of course bring the Slot Machines back to where they where.

Of course if you do that, then the Jawa Junk would have little value, thus making the slot machines pointless. :)

Conquest doesn't award enough JJ to be worth the trouble anymore, even with Grade 11 on the vendors.

Bingo

I think that also requires you have a ton of time on your hands, especially to make the more expensive items (like purple augments) in sufficient quantities for many alts.

Not everyone can sit in front of the GTN while doing something on a second screen, and logging in and out of various characters for hours a day. That is what is currently required "get your crew skills started," even if you have the appropriate ones at 500.

They are available to anyone and everyone now, all you need to do is stop being lazy and cheap and get your crew skills started.

Since you're a little slow, they said they wanted to make them "more available". Reading comprehension. Its a good thing.

Since you're a little slow, they said they wanted to make them "more available". Reading comprehension. Its a good thing.

there are tons of slot machine macro'ers who now have multiple bank vaults full of grade 11 material. so it is definitely "more available".

I think that also requires you have a ton of time on your hands, especially to make the more expensive items (like purple augments) in sufficient quantities for many alts.

It only requires a ton of time on your hands if you're trying to gear up many alts as soon as possible.

Slicers running Disassembly Required and Forsaken Handshake on CD get enough mats to make an augment every 1.5 hours (on average). More slicers will cut this time down. Running crew missions before logging off means that some of the wait time happens when you're not playing.

I have quite a number of alts. A few of them are fully augmented, most of them are not. I just made sure to do one dps toon, one healing toon and one taking toon first. The rest? I'm not in a rush -- they'll get geared up eventually.

Edit: I just thought of something else. If you're in a hurry to augment your many alts -- start with blue ones. Last time I checked Biocell Memory Cores were mostly vendor trash. Gather the greens on Yavin and you could probably make a full set of 14 blue augments for about 30k.

Edited by Khevar

One thing that needs to be done to help with obtaining Jawa scraps( all 3 types) without a slot machine or cartel packs would be to finally FIX the ONE TIME Conquest objectives. These need to be once per CHARACTER and not per account. Personally I'm not going to pick and choose from all of my high level characters which objectives I should do each week when I should be able to do any and all objectives on each character and be able to receive credit for doing it. This would be like doing the world story arcs on the planets and it only being able to be done once per server rather than per character.

Since you are a little slow, they are indeed more available, if you run crew skills. If people choose not to play the whole of the game, that is their choice. I do not PVE, I only PVP, and do not cry that I want a 192 hilt as a result.

FYI I acquired my English Language and Literature A Levels in 1986, yourself?

..........................Not everyone can sit in front of the GTN while doing something on a second screen, and logging in and out of various characters for hours a day. That is what is currently required "get your crew skills started," even if you have the appropriate ones at 500.

I am sorry, but that is just garbage.

Every alt I have rolled, all levelled through PVP, I have started crew skills on the moment I hit the fleet. Many are simply gatherers as it is pointless having copies of the same, other than an extra Bio/Cyber here and there.

As a result I have mats coming out of my ears and it never costs me anything to augment all my characters.

If you choose to totally ignore crew skills when you have the chance to start them at circa L10, pray tell me with who does the fault lie?

Since you are a little slow, they are indeed more available, if you run crew skills. If people choose not to play the whole of the game, that is their choice. I do not PVE, I only PVP, and do not cry that I want a 192 hilt as a result.

FYI I acquired my English Language and Literature A Levels in 1986, yourself?

No, they are not.

Mats from level 11 comparable crew gathering missions are lower in drop levels than they are for comparable level 9s. This was the issue they dealt with by reducing the mats needed for level 11 schematics, increasing the spawn rates and setting a single location for scavenging mats.

THAT is how they increased availability to the general playerbase. Adding level 11 mats to the jawa vendors was something they were planning to do anyway.

No, they are not.

Mats from level 11 comparable crew gathering missions are lower in drop levels than they are for comparable level 9s. This was the issue they dealt with by reducing the mats needed for level 11 schematics, increasing the spawn rates and setting a single location for scavenging mats.

THAT is how they increased availability to the general playerbase. Adding level 11 mats to the jawa vendors was something they were planning to do anyway.

Stating "no they are not" does nothing to enhance your argument. Do not forget, the person I was replying to implies he is starting crew skills from scratch and thus, any mats are better than none right ?

I have no doubt they were planning adding them to the Jawas, I had 300 purple junks sat waiting for the day. I have to say, given how long the game was out before the Jawas where introduced, I did not expect them to be supplying L11 mats so quickly, I was expecting maybe 6 months, half way to potential next expansion maybe?

The jawas are a QoL enchancement, a great one, one I use with regularity.

The slots, well, seems to me all they needed to do was reverse the purple and green drop rates, they were clearly backwards during the 500k I threw into them. I had almost double purples to greens, that was clearly not as intended. The nerf, well, typical BW really.

I do not notice any less crits and successes on L11 rich missions I must say, to be fair I have not been analysing them, but if I was annoyed about the returns, I would of noticed I am sure. Things like slicing seem to be successful more than not, UT, definitely the case, and TH, maybe a little hit and miss, Diplomacy, seems to hit all the time, I have heaps of the purple mats, none from the Jawas.

Either way, the mats are there, always have been, for people to gather.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

One thing that needs to be done to help with obtaining Jawa scraps( all 3 types) without a slot machine or cartel packs would be to finally FIX the ONE TIME Conquest objectives. These need to be once per CHARACTER and not per account. Personally I'm not going to pick and choose from all of my high level characters which objectives I should do each week when I should be able to do any and all objectives on each character and be able to receive credit for doing it. This would be like doing the world story arcs on the planets and it only being able to be done once per server rather than per character.

I'm confused. You do get credit for each character via each character's personal target goal. Each character gets credit if your guild places. Also, it's legacy wide. So if there is let's say a hardmode level 60 flashpoint objective / operation objective and you do it on your raiding character that credit is also passed through to all of your other characters as well. Is the legacy wide thing the problem? The objectives have to be diverse enough so that as many levels of payers can join in as possible. I think there could be an argument regarding the rewards. I think a 25k credit chip for the personal is a bit low, as do I think the 50k chip for the guild reward is low. I'd like to see them at 50k, and 75k respectively. I'd also like the personal reward for conquest include all three levels of jawa materials. Maybe give 5 of each for personal, and keep the what was it 10-15 for the guild in place. The decos I could care less about, but that's a nice little bonus touch. I have no idea if what I just wrote has anything to do with your post. If it did great. If not what did I miss, since I just had a really hard time following your thought.

Stating "no they are not" does nothing to enhance your argument. Do not forget, the person I was replying to implies he is starting crew skills from scratch and thus, any mats are better than none right ?

Well, it doesn't hurt it either.

I have no doubt they were planning adding them to the Jawas, I had 300 purple junks sat waiting for the day. I have to say, given how long the game was out before the Jawas where introduced, I did not expect them to be supplying L11 mats so quickly, I was expecting maybe 6 months, half way to potential next expansion maybe?

Fair enough.

The jawas are a QoL enchancement, a great one, one I use with regularity.

The slots, well, seems to me all they needed to do was reverse the purple and green drop rates, they were clearly backwards during the 500k I threw into them. I had almost double purples to greens, that was clearly not as intended. The nerf, well, typical BW really.

Again, fair enough. My intent was to clarify the changes they made to make mats more accessable for level 11 for all players...the ones I mentioned.

I do not notice any less crits and successes on L11 rich missions I must say, to be fair I have not been analysing them, but if I was annoyed about the returns, I would of noticed I am sure. Things like slicing seem to be successful more than not, UT, definitely the case, and TH, maybe a little hit and miss, Diplomacy, seems to hit all the time, I have heaps of the purple mats, none from the Jawas.

Either way, the mats are there, always have been, for people to gather.

And fair enough there as well.

So if there is let's say a hardmode level 60 flashpoint objective / operation objective and you do it on your raiding character that credit is also passed through to all of your other characters as well.

You do not get credit legacy wide, you get to do that conquest objective once per legacy, effectively limiting how many points alts can get except via repeatable objectives, and those are heavily weighted to crafting. Even if you have a stable of 10 raiding alts that do that raid for conquest points, the points are only awarded to the first alt that completes it, the rest are a waste of time. I often still do them because others in my guild need the objective for points and it's a net gain for the guild as a whole if it's more than 4 people doing it, but personally you gain no points for doing it after the first alt that does it.

Not everyone can sit in front of the GTN while doing something on a second screen, and logging in and out of various characters for hours a day. That is what is currently required "get your crew skills started," even if you have the appropriate ones at 500.

I log on before work for 20 minutes, then a sweep after work. Roughly 30 minutes a day, my main is sitting on 10 mil and is auggied out, I really don't know what you people do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.