new tactic in 4v4

arinbatastini

So, I was playing a 4v4 on my VG. I think it was the Makeb arena so you could target other team and see who they were looking at. We selected a merc I think and were going after them first. The merc dropped down and went into a corner and didn't move. We waited and he didn't move. The other team was waiting on the bridge like normal. So two of us had the dumb idea to go and kill him. He popped his defense cooldowns and self heals so it took about 30 seconds. That left it 3 of them against the other 2 on my team that didn't go and kill the merc. Long story short, we lost. That merc never moved and we killed him. At the cost of the rest of our team. I know dumb of us, but it was kinda a good way to split us up.

Wasnt a good way to split you up at all, you just failed to play it correctly. You being a noob does not = them being good.

You should have fought and beat them 4v3 in the middle, and then all went and wtfpwned the merc alone in the corner at the end.

Wasnt a good way to split you up at all, you just failed to play it correctly. You being a noob does not = them being good.

You should have fought and beat them 4v3 in the middle, and then all went and wtfpwned the merc alone in the corner at the end.

Thanks for the noob comment and the obvious tactical advise. That always makes people feel good. I know it was dumb. I think I said so in my post. I was just sharing a stupid PVP story is all. Not trying to endorse our dumb mistake or claiming I am an expert. And for the record, what makes someone a noob? Doing something stupid? Is that being a noob? Making stupid replies in a forum? Just curious.

Thanks for the noob comment and the obvious tactical advise. That always makes people feel good. I know it was dumb. I think I said so in my post. I was just sharing a stupid PVP story is all. Not trying to endorse our dumb mistake or claiming I am an expert. And for the record, what makes someone a noob? Doing something stupid? Is that being a noob? Making stupid replies in a forum? Just curious.

I got the impression, from reading your original post, that you were seriously trying to suggest this as a strategy for mercs in 4v4. Being that mercs are not so fun to play in 4v4 and some people have rather strong feelings about that fact, you were liable to get flamed.

The reason that going after the merc is considered a noob mistake is because it should be quite apparent that 4v3 favors your team, not 3v2 and chase the merc with other two. It's easy to get tunnel vision to go after the merc, but it takes experience to see when that is not a good strategy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.