Slot machine nerf = giant mistake

SebastiaanZ

Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:

The Contraband Slot Machine is not bugged.

It is 100% not an exploit to use the Slot Machine.

If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, that’s totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.

We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heart’s content!

With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun!

-eric

Did you MISS this ?

I have one I don't CRY a river over it, get over it and use Comp's and mission as it's intended to be!!!!

Title says all. You did not keep to your promise and screwed us over royally.

I demand an explanation. Tonight. And the changes to be reversed or drop rates at least increased.

A mad and disappointed subsciber.

Can I have your stuff?

Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:

If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, that’s totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.

We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heart’s content!

With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun!

-eric

Did you MISS this ?

I have one I don't CRY a river over it, get over it and use Comp's and mission as it's intended to be!!!!

Radical thought and i'm just putting this out there. Jawa scrap is not the only thing the machines dropped and certainly not the only thing that was nerfed.

I know. Crazy thinking.

agreed. The cartel slot machine is a gigantic credit sucking paper weight now. GG bioware

Way to listen to the forum whiners and get the machine nerfed to oblivion

wondering what you call what is happening at the moment ? the whining from you guys is way more. Maybe there were 3-5 threads about the machine before.

Now it goes to 10-30 lol

Edited by Neglience

I demand an explanation. Tonight. And the changes to be reversed or drop rates at least increased.

Thanks for the nosebleed. 10/10 would aneurysm again.

agreed. The cartel slot machine is a gigantic credit sucking paper weight now. GG bioware

Way to listen to the forum whiners and get the machine nerfed to oblivion

Well then you pick, remove crafters and there gathering missions or nerf slot Machine.

Answer is simple, it HAD to be done, not this much but as I see it it should NEVER given Jawa Junk in the first place.

Don't like to pay for items, go loot or farm Coms then and stop this WHINE.

Oh you demand! Tonight even lol.

Well then you pick, remove crafters and there gathering missions or nerf slot Machine.

Answer is simple, it HAD to be done, not this much but as I see it it should NEVER given Jawa Junk in the first place.

Well...how about this?/

Why not just tweak crafting missions???

the problem is that it didn't get the jawa stuff nerfed the whole thing got it

While I think they did give a proper explanation, I think the way they nerfed it was unacceptable. After 99 contraband cartel chips today, I've only gotten reputation rewards and another cartel chip. With the raised price of 750 credits a piece, now even the green reputation item isn't enough to repay it. This was the only way you could get the scrap outside of gambling with the cartel packs.

Super disappointing. No reason to use it at all anymore.

EDIT: 0.05% odds to get a cartel market certificate? Why? How does that affect the economy at all??

Edited by GoldSting

I agree on the change for reduced drop rate on Jawa scrap and junk what have you. Given the fact they added grade 11 sliced tech parts to scrap dealers. But I haven't got one drop of any scrap whatsoever.

That being said It seems BW is clueless when it comes to balancing something out. Slot machine went from threat to crafted augments to useless and on top of that they increase the fee of the tokens.. LOL?:confused:

Well...how about this?/

Why not just tweak crafting missions???

On that I do agree, sending them out rewards to little but on the other hand the slot machine did give way to much too before, had they settled for nerfing Purple that would had been fine since that is what ruined crafting.

Oh wait! He DEMANDS!

EA shareholders everywhere are quacking in their boots, I'm sure.

Hey folks,

-eric

Did you MISS this ?

shhhhh common sense and reasonable thinking has no place in these forums today!

How dare you confuse the issue with your reading comprehension and logical thinking!

For shame!

For shame!

:D

Where do suddenly all the people come from who mock the people complaining about the nerf?

I see names from people who never post anything here. And suddenly in the last threads these unknown names pop up and all they do is saying things like "deal with it".

These people did not discuss in other threads before. Neither during the last week nor today.

And now suddenly, when this board is overflowing with complaints about the nerf, these never heard before people pop up and try to talk it down.

It feels very suspicious to me.

3 things:

I had never let the these slot machines disrupt my routine in the game.

I presently do no let these slot machines disrupt my routine in the game.

I will never let these slot machines disrupt my routine in the game.

Mabey these can be some learning lessons for some of our fine community.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

Didn't you CM chaps get a whole bunch of other things from this pack? Mounts, armour etc.?

Why now is it being suggested that the slot machine was your sole aim?

I have three of the things and I'm not complaining - surely you realised this would happen? I mean if you honestly thought nothing would change, that's entirely your fault. They said they'd look into it.

Tbh, 90% of this seems to be people throwing the dummies out the bram and using the "REFUND OR I'LL SUE!" thing to create further melodrama on the tired issue.

Uh, what I fail to understand after today's "patch", is.. where's the fun now? For once we had something that was worth playing with, we could get something useful for once, and now this thing turned out to be completely useless. I had maxxed that reputation long ago so I was playing only for that jawa stuff. Oh, and btw, I already have plenty of green, blue and also some purple tokens from cm packs: how comes that wasn't "hurting" the market?

Also, I have plenty of toons to rely on missions only, so I'll not get back to gtn after this either. Therefore, nobody wins here.

Maybe, just increasing the cost per coin would have sufficed to balance the price of a purple token compared to gtn, but I'm not a "market analyst", so I'll leave it there. Still, since you (=BW) cannot make everybody happy, you should have tried to stand for your initial choice, as you do with much more important game content!

Oh, well, it was fun till it lasted.

PS

I had two of these slot machines in my stronghold, you know, for friends. Now, I guess I'm not going to invite anyone as they may take it as a bad joke, or worse, as offence.

Edited by xberry

Where do suddenly all the people come from who mock the people complaining about the nerf?

I see names from people who never post anything here. And suddenly in the last threads these unknown names pop up and all they do is saying things like "deal with it".

These people did not discuss in other threads before. Neither during the last week nor today.

And now suddenly, when this board is overflowing with complaints about the nerf, these never heard before people pop up and try to talk it down.

It feels very suspicious to me.

Comes from long term players like myself, who are sick and tired of the idiots on the forums always whinging about this and that. Anyone with half a brain could have predicated that the nerf hammer to the slot machines would have occurred.

pst...its their game they can change it how they want...if you are unhappy you can unsub at anytime

Do you realize this is a discussion forum that exists for the developers and community to have a dialogue about the state of the game and what they want out of the game and not a temple to worship EA?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.