Question about spam

arinbatastini

So, I have 17 toons. I get a spam a day on each with 1 credit in each. I am getting rich this way. So I am happy they keep sending me all this money. My question is how the heck do they get my name? I have spam on toons I never log into. Do they have some BOT that can search names in game in a way I can't?

I just want to know why Bioware seems to have checked out on the SPAM fight since 3.0. Never used to get spam like I have since 3.0. Spammers are brazingly spamming general chats all over game. Hello, Bioware, do you read the spam reports?

I just want to know why Bioware seems to have checked out on the SPAM fight since 3.0. Never used to get spam like I have since 3.0. Spammers are brazingly spamming general chats all over game. Hello, Bioware, do you read the spam reports?

Most likely the spammers have stepped up their efforts with the new "expansion" on the assumption that more people will be logging into the game during this time. On top of that, I noticed that the messages include a bunch of extra stuff to avoid the typical filters that would be employed that they haven't had in the the past. It's not really any surprise, not matter what companies try to do (regardless of the business - not just in gaming), the spammers and hackers are always one step ahead of the security solutions. As long as it remains a profitable venture, they will never go away.

As for how they are gathering character names, there are myriad of ways, from capping from the Who list to the GTN listings (and e-mails from transactions if one happens to be a spammer account), to gathering from outside sources like guild websites and the like.

3 toons ive hit max ignores and every single one is or was a credit spammer

once a week, clean it out. Those accounts don't last long, hours at the most, once they become active on fleet. no need to keep a full log, they won't be back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.