Old PvP'er is back - what to choose

Khurasan

Hi guys

Its been almost 2 years ive played the game so there are bound to be som major changes. I mainly pvp and havent left the fleet since i dinged 55. So was wondering which classes are viable in pvp?

I loved playing the Vanguard Ironfist build Semi tank - semi dps but i understand that all hybrid builds are gone. Here are my questions (only pvp wise ofc).

1. Is vanguard tank still Viable?

2. Which healing class is best Scoundrel or Commando

3. If i wanna go dps what is best? VG - Tactic / Guardian - Focus / Commando - Gunnery?

I have VG lvl 55 - Scoundrel 55 - Guardian 55 - Commando 55 if any other builds then the ones above are more viable then the ones i have mentioned then please tell.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Hi guys

Its been almost 2 years ive played the game so there are bound to be som major changes. I mainly pvp and havent left the fleet since i dinged 55. So was wondering which classes are viable in pvp?

I loved playing the Vanguard Ironfist build Semi tank - semi dps but i understand that all hybrid builds are gone. Here are my questions (only pvp wise ofc).

3. If i wanna go dps what is best? VG - Tactic / Guardian - Focus / Commando - Gunnery?

I have VG lvl 55 - Scoundrel 55 - Guardian 55 - Commando 55 if any other builds then the ones above are more viable then the ones i have mentioned then please tell.

Frost mage

Play a Commando as a healer or DPS only if you want to be a glunten for punishment in PVP. Their surviveability is low due to weak shield and no escape.

I would say playing a Commando Healer all but guarantees you a quick death in sudden death matches because you can't even stealth. The opposing team sees you from the get go.

Face a team that has a pull, and you are all but guaranteed to land in the middle of a crap storm. Face a team of stealthers, and you can be assured they are workign their way behind you no matter what.

Yes, as a commando you pretty much have a walking bullseye on top of your head as soon as the match starts.

Wanna have fun? Go Imp...go hatred Sin...Cc immunity, stealth, DPS galore, self healing, nerf bat pending. ..maybe in a yr. Based on BW. HANDS DOWN FUNEST ROFLSTOMP CLASS ATM.

can even go tank Sin in DPS gear and lol through pvp.

The FoTM dps classes are Sin / Shadow, Sorc / Sage, PT / VG, and Jugg / Guardian.

Sin / Shadow is the best overall. The DoT spec is just dominating right now (Hatred / Serenity). Stealth, some CC immunity, DoT spreading = huge damage numbers, self heals.

If you want to burst people down, go PT / VG. They just absolutely wreck people in a short period of time like no other. You can expect 15K+ crits. If you spec the utility point, you get a +75% movement speed boost that lasts (6 or 10 seconds I think?) - and can be used every 30 seconds.

Sorc / Sage: the lightning / Telekinetics specs are viable now, and there are a lot of people using them in regular warzones. High mobility, good burst, good kiting tools. The AOE Force Storm / Groundquake do quite a bit of damage, so you will see sorcs / sages putting up huge damage numbers by doing little more than AOE spam. I love it when I am playing my sage and I see a bunch of people in a tight group *salivating*.

Jugg / Guardian Vengeance / Vigilance specs are really strong. You get 4 seconds of immunity to stuns / knockbacks after using leap. There is an ability called Enraged Defense / Focused Defense that can be used every 1.5 or 2 minutes (depending on utility point selections) and heals the character by a large amount when they take damage. So, basically it will heal you back to 80% or close to 100% and effectively give you two lives. Jugg / Guard also have some other good defensive cooldowns. They don't hit super hard, but their damage is still pretty good. Considering the ridiculously good defensive cooldowns, you can stay on the field for a long time and therefore still put up big numbers. With my Vigilance guardian, I find it really fun to use a leap - master strike - force push (resets leap cooldown) - leap again combo, granting two cycles of the 4s cc immunity (after leap). Basically, you get to be super aggressive, toss people around like ragdolls, and shrug off a large amount of damage - all while doing a good amount of damage.

Edited by teclado

Hi guys

1. Vanguard tank is pretty awesome. Did a solo ranked arena against a powertech tank last night and he was quite awesome. He took 1.3 mil damage, did 555k protection, and 800k damage. Granted he also had a good healer, but vanguard tanks are great. They have pretty good damage and great utility. Very fun class.

2. I'd actually say that sages are ahead of both now. Scoundrels next then commando. Why made scoundrels so good before was their insta casts and mobility. They still have that. Sages also have a lot more mobility now and more insta casts.

3. Well best as in "this class is just the best period regardless of fun factor and class preference"....go hatred sin. They are top dogs right now. Other top performers are lightning sorc (madness is pretty good too), AP powertech, and vengeance jugg. If you don't care about having the most op spec and just want something that is fun and can still perform there are more options. Basically all do fine in regs (except perhaps marauders). Concealment op does fine in solo ranked. I've seen some good snipers in ranked, but not many. Seen Juggs do well with rage and vengeance. Even seen some good maras (usually fury or carnage). DPS mercs are fine in regs, but suffer pretty badly in ranked.

I'd say main whatever class you like best, but also play the other classes too.

Want a suggestion on what to do with that commando? Make him your money tone. Switch him over to Gunnery and he will tear through PVE content. You can finish your dailies, make a crap load of credits and then switch over to you PVP toon(s) and enjoy the game.

Dailies are a necessary evil. You will get board of them, but they pay the bills. And having milliions of credits means you can try things in game you didn't think you wanted too. Buy augments, a stronghold, change out armor sets, learn a crew skill, help others out, etc.

Edited by ForceWelder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.