Please bring back the variety in craftable enhancements

Blakinik

I got my Artificer (1 of 2) up to 500 in hopes of doing the RE hunt to get purples for all my final tier enhancements. I was sadly disappointed to see the sheer lack of choices. In fact, 10 of the 12 enhancements crafters get - frankly suck.

I was hoping for the 102 Endurance variants or the mid range. Short of the tanking ones, they do not exist for crafters. I even opted to buy some basic comms in hopes I could RE the ones I want - nope to that as well. As a primary crafter for my guild, I was looking forward to helping my guildies max out their gear pre-ops. Sadly my fun has disappeared.

Question for Bioware is this DOA or will we be able to RE or obtain our missing schems to round out the possibilities?

Thanks,

Blakinik

I got my Artificer (1 of 2) up to 500 in hopes of doing the RE hunt to get purples for all my final tier enhancements. I was sadly disappointed to see the sheer lack of choices. In fact, 10 of the 12 enhancements crafters get - frankly suck.

I was hoping for the 102 Endurance variants or the mid range. Short of the tanking ones, they do not exist for crafters. I even opted to buy some basic comms in hopes I could RE the ones I want - nope to that as well. As a primary crafter for my guild, I was looking forward to helping my guildies max out their gear pre-ops. Sadly my fun has disappeared.

Question for Bioware is this DOA or will we be able to RE or obtain our missing schems to round out the possibilities?

Thanks,

Blakinik

Just be glad that Patron Barrels and Patron Armoring are still in the game. Also, not sure if you hate your guild or just like running WiS.

Edited by eartharioch

Actually love my guild. Not to derail, but we are a casual guild so we do not have many players that are spending the umpteen hours grinding ops and fps for gear. As a result, the crafting aspect is something I personally love to do (I am warped in the head I guess) and if it gives the opportunity for someone that doesn't play as much a survivable chance in a FP - so be it.

Actually love my guild. Not to derail, but we are a casual guild so we do not have many players that are spending the umpteen hours grinding ops and fps for gear. As a result, the crafting aspect is something I personally love to do (I am warped in the head I guess) and if it gives the opportunity for someone that doesn't play as much a survivable chance in a FP - so be it.

I was being sarcastic. Enhancements come in three varieties -- low endurance, medium endurance, and high endurance. Endurance is considered the "worst" stat, and (at a given item level) lower endurance corresponds to higher values for the other stats.

At the 186 (Nightmare DF/DP) level, Artificers can craft (after appropriate REing) the low and medium endurance versions, and enhancements from Basic Comms are all medium endurance. Even if you could learn schematics from them, you shouldn't want to.

The best Enhancements you can craft for your guild members (dps, heal, or tank) are the low endurance versions -- Item Level 186 purples will have 60 Endurance, 68 secondary stat (Power/Crit/Absorb/Defense) and 102 tertiary stat (Accuracy/Alacrity/Shield/Surge). The damage/healing/mitigation bonuses from the secondary and tertiary stats far outweigh the 400-or-so HP you get from the high endurance versions. Note, COMPANIONS may benefit from high endurance versions, but if you are in the position of crafting 186 purples for people's companions, you shouldn't be worried about 186s for the players.

Caveat: Mods have a different pattern, I'm only talking about Enhancements here.

Edited by eartharioch

Personally I'm really glad that all the 186 trainer craftable schematics are the 'good' ones.

If I could, I'd like to go back through my enhancement schematics list and delete all the 'useless' green schematics (high endurance) that I bought before I realised they were a waste of time! :D

Would also love to be able to 'trim' out bad blue offhands (and earpeices from my Cybertech), eg Cunning/Defense etc etc.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.