Levelling a scound/ops

Luco-Zade

Recently rolled an op and scoundrel, was going to use them both for healing and leveling primarily through wz and KDY with a bit of planet stuff hither and yorn.

I tried conc spec at low levels, sucked and died like a chump a bunch of times, possibly a l2p issue with the class and spec, tried leth, kind of enjoyed it though found the damage lacklustre with limited skills.

Is healing the only decent option for low level pvp levelling and not getting sick of playing the damn class after 4-5 wz

Recently rolled an op and scoundrel, was going to use them both for healing and leveling primarily through wz and KDY with a bit of planet stuff hither and yorn.

I tried conc spec at low levels, sucked and died like a chump a bunch of times, possibly a l2p issue with the class and spec, tried leth, kind of enjoyed it though found the damage lacklustre with limited skills.

Is healing the only decent option for low level pvp levelling and not getting sick of playing the damn class after 4-5 wz

I'll be straight foward. Ops and scoundrels are at a disadvantage against at least half the classes (PTs, Sorcs, Sins, Juggs) for DPS. They are somewhat correct healers but are far inferior to sorc who not only brings better heals (more burst heals which is the necessity in PVP) but better utilities (bubbles, more CC, teamate-pull, etc.). Similarly, a lot of players would say merc healers are better than Ops for having better tools to kite enemies (10sec kiting while having immunity to movement impairment, knockback, electro-net, etc.) while also having the burst heals which Ops/Scoundrels are lacking. My only guildmates that still play Ops are healers in PVE (and my guild is REALLY big).

Edited by ArielRebel

Well, I main an operative healer and pvp almost exclusively. It's really NOT as bad as people seem to think. If people are having consistent energy problems, then they're doing it wrong. It works just as well as the other classes if you know what you're doing.

As for leveling, I'd go concealment. Leveling as a healer takes too long, and the build-up on leth is fairly long. In pvp, you have to get used to being focused, it's just what happens to operatives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.