[BUG] SoR Class Story mission dialogue ( Trooper )

Darth_Wicked

As per the title.

Apparently, the issue is similar to the one seen here and here for example, where the games fails to acknowledge content completed by the player character, prior to Shadow of Revan.

In this case, during the Trooper mission,

, EVERY SINGLE TIME:

General Garza: I tried every combination of species and technology, but couldn't hit the right formula--not until an operation on Manaan.

Trooper: The ocean planet?

General Garza: A scientist there developed plans for building a cybernetic army using Rakata technology. Our team destroyed the lab facility and recovered the scientist's work.

* dialogue choice by the player character "Guess I missed out." cues response below *

Trooper: Sounds like it was quite a mission. Too bad I wasn't invited.

General Garza: Like I said, you have different priorities now.

When in fact, according to what I have been told somewhere else, she was meant to say the stuff below, provided players completed Forged Alliances PRIOR to starting Shadow of Revan:

General Garza: I tried every combination of species and technology, but couldn't hit the right formula--not until your operation on Manaan.

Trooper: That operation was a secret.

General Garza: I have sources, Major. I sent a salvage team after you, and we dredged up the Revanites' Rakata technology.

* dialogue choice by the player character "How could you possibly know?" cues response below *

Trooper: What kind of "sources" told you what happened? Even the SIS was out of the loop.

General Garza: You are still officially part of SpecForce. I know where your ship goes--I'd be negligent if I didn't.

I assume the earlier sequence should ONLY be triggered if players skipped Forged Alliances altogether, and jumped onto Shadow of Revan. Alas, it seems it's triggering for EVERYONE. :(

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Oh hi Wicked.

I don't have any updates on this, sorry! :(

Truth be told, it's a minor detail.

Plus...

You can probably guess where I got confirmation it was NOT working at 100%. :o

Still, the conversation just sounded odd to me, hence the Investigation. Thank you all the same.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Garza better be glad that she didn't say that to me. Boy, would I have been p!ssed off at her for saying that (even more than I already was). How dare she! ;)

Explain, please.

As far as I'm aware, everyone is getting the earlier comment, not the latter, whether they did FA prior to SoR or NOT.

In case you're mocking me, I'd advise you to better utilize your time.

A BUG is a BUG, regardless of its severity. :rolleyes:

If they fixed some flagging issues earlier, might as well fix this one.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I kind of thought that it was kind of sarcasm and the trooper was making a joke about her not realizing that he/she was on the strike team. Guess not :D

Provided players skipped Forged Alliances altogether, the dialogue changes considerably.

See here for example. ;)

< Player Character >: Am I supposed to know you?

Lana Beniko: My name is Lana Beniko. I am a Sith Lord, though I have no interest in the title.

Lana Beniko: I used to serve as advisor to Darth Arkous of the Dark Council--until he was revealed as a traitor and consequently executed.

NOT exactly new, but always cool to see this kind of stuff still happening.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 1 month later...

To anyone who cares, judging from the preliminary patch notes for 3.1.1, this bug is about to be fixed. :D

Troopers who have completed the Flashpoint Depths of Manaan now have their involvement acknowledged on the Mission “Eclipse Squad.”
Seeing I already ran SoR with both my Troopers, I won't be able to check it out however. :o

In other words, provided someone has a Trooper around that hasn't run SoR yet, look here afterwards for how the dialogue should flow, provided one ran "Depths of Manaan" or "Forged Alliances" prior to SoR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.