Sly move BW ... sly...

captpickles

Silvers got already nerfed post-3.0. They're still harder than before the expansion, but it's not the extreme overtuning as it was at first. In any case, lags and new Opses bugs/tuning should be the priority now. They fixed 2nd bosses leaving Underlurker bugged and overtuned, Coratanni bugged and Torque 16 overtuned

With all the slot machine drama... nobody has even mentioned the 2 silver mob = death bug ...

Very sly BW .... Darth Pickles approves...

Yeah, because learning to survive and not just roflstomp through enemies was such a big issue, they needed a distraction :rolleyes:

Silvers are a joke now. As part of my Yavin IV dailies, I routinely kill silvers (both of the Massassi and the Krakjya variety) without taking a single hit. It's just Vortex Bolt -> Boltstorm -> Grav Round -> Demo Round -> Boltstorm and they're dead by the end of it before they've gone 20m.

What's that? I'm ranged and can kite them, which isn't fair? Every now and again I'll end up with a silver and four standards on me (as in, close in on me) and even without CC or popping Reactive Shield, the damage I take is easily healed through by Elara.

Silvers were nerfed, calm your jimmies.

Silvers are a joke now. As part of my Yavin IV dailies, I routinely kill silvers (both of the Massassi and the Krakjya variety) without taking a single hit. It's just Vortex Bolt -> Boltstorm -> Grav Round -> Demo Round -> Boltstorm and they're dead by the end of it before they've gone 20m.

What's that? I'm ranged and can kite them, which isn't fair? Every now and again I'll end up with a silver and four standards on me (as in, close in on me) and even without CC or popping Reactive Shield, the damage I take is easily healed through by Elara.

Silvers were nerfed, calm your jimmies.

Jimme be sipping Jim-beam... I just think that the silvers issue was all the rage, and BAM! the GREAT CREDIT CRASH of 015' has everyone on the ledge :)

eeeheheheheheh I love how every-bodies panties twist so quick around here..

Edited by captpickles

I still haven't seen these "killer-silvers" anywhere, I can solo H2s on my bad, lowbie Sage healer and I still can't find those.

Quesh Consular mission has a nasty spot of two silvers that can kill you very quickly until you figure out which one to CC.

The Killer Silvers are when you have two Silvers fighting you.

Quesh Consular mission has a nasty spot of two silvers that can kill you very quickly until you figure out which one to CC.

But that quest is so easy when you know what to do and how to use the consoles.

Even Valis is more difficult.

Edited by Halinalle

I still haven't seen these "killer-silvers" anywhere, I can solo H2s on my bad, lowbie Sage healer and I still can't find those.

I'm with you. Most of the time I've been able to plow through them without much of a problem. Usually if I die it's because I was being stupid and not paying attention lol

I haven't died to any... but what I find funny/confusing is I'll fight a gold mob and be down maybe 10% health. Then move on to the next pull, after healing to full, with one silver and end up below 1/2 health.

Not all silvers are like this though. Only seems to happen if they drop a DOT on me.

That's what happens when you level with KDY to 30, then get bored and go and try to kill stuff with lvl12 gear.

This bolster nonsense is the dumbest thing in this game. It makes people not only BAD players, but lazy too.

Edited by Jandi

Silvers got already nerfed post-3.0. They're still harder than before the expansion, but it's not the extreme overtuning as it was at first. In any case, lags and new Opses bugs/tuning should be the priority now. They fixed 2nd bosses leaving Underlurker bugged and overtuned, Coratanni bugged and Torque 16 overtuned

Just today I had 2 silvers on Quesh 2 shotting Vigi Guardian (it was literally 2 gcds, taking over 1.5k dmg per hit every sec). Hoth has some mobs with Terminate (this was broken pre-3.0 tho) or that selfdestructing drones who almost 1shot melee (if you can't knock it back, explosion alone takes over 8k hp). Surely you can pop all the dcd etc, but it's annoying to say the least.

Just today I had 2 silvers on Quesh 2 shotting Vigi Guardian (it was literally 2 gcds, taking over 1.5k dmg per hit every sec). Hoth has some mobs with Terminate (this was broken pre-3.0 tho) or that selfdestructing drones who almost 1shot melee (if you can't knock it back, explosion alone takes over 8k hp). Surely you can pop all the dcd etc, but it's annoying to say the least.

Here is a revolutionary idea...

The explosive droids? Yeah, you can move 2 meters cause they stop when they start to exolpode.

Here is another revolutionary idea... bind passive/aggressive pet ability to a hotkey so you can quickly press a button and make your comp move away from stuff too.

No, they outright acknowledged Silvers were doing 60% more damage, and doing more damage than golds at that.

Don't be a doof. @ Like, EVERYONE who's going 'no clearly people just don't know how to play'. There's a point on Hammer Station with 3 Silvers in a group, melted me (as the TANK) down from full to 10% in the 2 seconds it took for my healer to start healing me.

The damage has been nerfed since 3.0's rollout but as far as I can tell they still do more damage than golds for no reason.

Edited by Djiini

No, they outright acknowledged Silvers were doing 60% more damage, and doing more damage than golds at that.

Don't be a doof.

Not that I'm doubting you, but do you have a source for this? I didn't see Bioware acknowledging anything specific like that. Only that they would look into it.

I'm with you. Most of the time I've been able to plow through them without much of a problem. Usually if I die it's because I was being stupid and not paying attention lol

I'm with you and him too, leveled one char 1-60 post 3.0, now another, still haven't seen anything special, I guess we are lucky...

Edited by Turshek

Not that I'm doubting you, but do you have a source for this? I didn't see Bioware acknowledging anything specific like that. Only that they would look into it.

They didn't say that's the difference in damage, people just kind of proved it themselves with damage parsing scripts. But they wouldn't look into it if the buffs to silvers were intentional, then they'd just...you know, tell us that's the case.

With all the slot machine drama... nobody has even mentioned the 2 silver mob = death bug ...

Very sly BW .... Darth Pickles approves...

This is indeed cunning worthy of the Dark Council. I shall have the entirety of the Bioware staff handed over to Darth Marr to see if they can be turned.

Edited by StrangeDais

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.