Jedi Covenant Server: Exp. Tank and Healer buddies looking for partners

Thompsons

(Edited in light of comments and suggestions.)

Chebeh, my main shadow tank, has a good friend whose main's a healer on the Pub side. Now we have experienced alts on the Imp side too. We two-manned a lot of hard mode flash point back when the level cap was 50 and again at 55. Well, now getting ultimate coms really requires four. (I'm sure somebody out there is going to post that he can solo it. Congrats to you. You're awesome. Now go away.)

We're looking for partners for hard-mode flash points. We're not really interested in ops. I posted a mirror thread on the Jedi Covenant forum, but decided to let newer players know that we're open to relative newcomers.

And if somebody else wants to tank or heal, we can work with that. We each have more alts than rational people would have.

We're on the Jedi Covenant server and have a few requests:

1. Don't be a know-it-all unless you really do know what you're talking about.

2. Don't be "needy' . We already have better gear than what drops in HM FPs, so you'll get more than your share. Just don't expect everything.

3. We're in this for the coms, not interior decoration. We're willing to be reasonable but we're not going to do every bonus mission in the galaxy just to get furniture.

4. Don't nag us to go on ops. In fact, please don't nag.

That's about it, but we reserve the right to arbitrarily decide whether we like you or not. And we acknowledge that you will have the same right.

Also, between us we're middling to good crafters of just about everything.

If interested, post here or send an in-game e-mail to Chebeh.

Edited by Thompsons

Since you have a tank and healer, why don't you just use Group Finder to get DPSs? I know that some people think you have to join GF individually, but it ain't so - you can group up first and then join GF. You can even have a group of 4 and go through GF for the comms bonus.

However, if you do use GF you may need to lighten up on your demands:

1. Most know-it-alls think they really do know what they're talking about, so, be prepared to have occasional difficulties.

2. So, do you mean that everyone should select "need" instead of "greed"?

3. Some people may be in it for the decorations, or the XP, or the credits - learn to co-operate.

4. No nagging is good. :)

If I see you in game, I might give you a holler. :)

(If you haven't already, it might be useful to post this in the JC server forum too.)

Since you have a tank and healer, why don't you just use Group Finder to get DPSs?

A very fair question. The short answer is that group finder is always a shot in the dark. We've had good experiences and bad ones. We're just trying to eliminate the bad ones through consistency. I don't think my buddy and me ever failed to get through a HM FP with four once both of us started one, but some runs were much more fun than others.

1. Most know-it-alls think they really do know what they're talking about, so, be prepared to have occasional difficulties.

Sad, true -- but perhaps avoidable. If this thread gets no response or we can't manage to find consistent group players by some other means, we'll just have to live with that. But might as well try.

2. So, do you mean that everyone should select "need" instead of "greed"?

Egad. My OP was badly and ambiguously worded. Will edit. Thanks.

3. Some people may be in it for the decorations, or the XP, or the credits - learn to co-operate.

I may have sounded more unreasonable than I am, but I'm still remembering the guy who dropped out of a hard mode and left three people without a healer because he didn't get the furniture drop. Unbelievable. Of course, he probably would have left if he HAD received the furniture drop, but that's speculation on my part.

4. No nagging is good. :)

Indeed.

If I see you in game, I might give you a holler. :)

Thanks for your consideration, and the reply in any case.

Edited by Thompsons

Why are you posting this on New Player Help instead of Jedi Covenant server forums? Seems rather a waste of time, as most of the people who frequent this forum are new people, not folks looking for a semi-permanent endgame group...

I posted on JC forum also. Just wanted to give new people a chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.