Gold Spammers are out of control!

Floobieman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I receive mails from once a week or so. I take the one credit and delete the mail.

Generous of them truth be told; one credit here, one credit there... :D

Lucky you. I have mails in almost every character's inbox almost every day. Wait. Lucky ME. A credit here, a credit there... ;)

There's little reason to even have a general chat with the volume of gold spam. I'm counting 10-15 per minute on prime time, all using the most obnoxious phrasing/characters to evade what I'm assuming is Bioware's slowly evolving chat filter.

There's little reason to even have a general chat with the volume of gold spam. I'm counting 10-15 per minute on prime time, all using the most obnoxious phrasing/characters to evade what I'm assuming is Bioware's slowly evolving chat filter.

Much like the spoon, there is no chat filter.

I know what ya mean with the gold spammers. Every MMO I have played always has them unfortunately. Although during the closed beta days there wasn't one spammer LoL.

I will hit the ignore on them when they come up and report them, but when and if BioWare does anything about it, I have no clue. I just hate it when I get the whispers from gold spammers as this goes a little to far in my opinion.

Here is hoping they do something about the spammers in the near future.

I don't understand why we can't make the "report" mechanism work for us. If a given character is reported as spam by some large number of people, have that character receive a 24 hour mute (can't speak in gen chat, whisper, or mail anybody). If you make the number large enough, it would be hard to abuse it (report people that you don't like). If the number is small enough and everybody reports spam immediately, the spammers may get 1-2 messages out before they get muted.

Actually since the slot machines came out I have yet to receive one email..............wonder what they are doing ha.

I've gotten quite a few since the slot machines came out, including today.

So apparently, they just don't like you.

Come on Bioware. Fleet is now a cess pool of nonstop gold spammers. This game has been out 3 years! Get your act together and put a stop to this garbage!

Credit spammer are not important raider gate is more important you can exploit by spamming buying credits. Break the Tos every were but don't touch pve. Win trade not a problem cheat any thing but pve this is the only concern the devs have.

Much like the spoon, there is no chat filter.

Huh? You must be so used to having your filter turned off that you've forgotten all the mindless sensoring of normal words.

'till the day I die I will wonder what made the great Yank Corp decide that a weekday (Saturday) is profane, and must be filtered... but then again .. Yank company ... beep beep ..

I'm starting to get more and more of these too, report every single one as Harassment tho, I don't bother taken there credit just report it.

Problem is now I starting to get them on mostly all char before that wasen't the case so this issue become worse then before really.

As for General chat, hardly use that.

Huh? You must be so used to having your filter turned off that you've forgotten all the mindless sensoring of normal words.

'till the day I die I will wonder what made the great Yank Corp decide that a weekday (Saturday) is profane, and must be filtered... but then again .. Yank company ... beep beep ..

Because computer chat filters often cannot distinguish between a word and part of a word. Remove the first two letters (Sa) and the last two (ay) and you'll make a six-year old giggle.

Be glad you can talk about a Sith assassin without getting filtered.

The GW2 message boards filter is particularly bad - it replaces censored words with "kitten." And it can't distinguish spaces so if you type a phrase like "Isn't it amazing?" the filter will turn it to "Isn' kitten amazing?" And there is a Viking-themed race in the game, it took forum posters a while to figure out why the name "Owlsdotter" was forbidden by the name filter - it contains "lsd." You get weird things like that because computers can't guess or use their best judgment, it either is or it isn't.

Edited by Tolunart

I don't understand why we can't make the "report" mechanism work for us. If a given character is reported as spam by some large number of people, have that character receive a 24 hour mute (can't speak in gen chat, whisper, or mail anybody). If you make the number large enough, it would be hard to abuse it (report people that you don't like). If the number is small enough and everybody reports spam immediately, the spammers may get 1-2 messages out before they get muted.

Because it *will* be abused. No matter how high the #, if it is realistic enough be triggered at all then someone who is a sore loser can get his guild to report some player who beat him in a duel and get him muted or suspended or whatever through mob rule.

It doesn't work like that. If you restrict low level or free players from chatting at all then the spammers will use stolen accounts as their announcer bots, or use stolen credit card numbers to buy subs. This can make the situation worse for BW because it chases away legit players who can't ask questions in chat, and the stolen cards result in chargebacks which cost the company a lot more than you realize.

The "easy" answers don't work, or they would already be doing them.

I actually haven't noticed a remarkable increase in the gold spamming lately. Maybe my server is not as infested as others. I get an occasional mail once in a while (1-2 times per week). I am annoyed though that recently the habit of NOT adding one credit to the mail seems to become a fashion. ;)

Nonetheless, even one gold spammer is one too much for my taste.

I do have to say though that I don't understand that it seems to be worth it. What sane person uses these services?

I receive mails from once a week or so. I take the one credit and delete the mail.

Generous of them truth be told; one credit here, one credit there... :D

Taking the credit lets them know you have an active account... it makes you a target to be honest.

I always just report them as spam.

That said, I haven't noticed an increase.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I actually haven't noticed a remarkable increase in the gold spamming lately. Maybe my server is not as infested as others. I get an occasional mail once in a while (1-2 times per week). I am annoyed though that recently the habit of NOT adding one credit to the mail seems to become a fashion. ;)

Nonetheless, even one gold spammer is one too much for my taste.

I do have to say though that I don't understand that it seems to be worth it. What sane person uses these services?

Judging from these forums, how many people playing this game do you consider "sane"? ;)

Agreed with the OP, its bad enough to see them in general chat, but now getting the in mail as well.

Yes do report everyone of them as spam in mail, as for general chat, I just click over to "other" So see no general chat at all on fleet. Only use it on planets and only then because I run guilds.

I get it in the mail, General chat, and now the new one is every time you arrive at fleet some ******* sends you a whisper, the other day, no crap, I ignored 20 people that sent me a whisper ever time I arrived at the fleet, 20 different freaking idiots :mad:

This has got to stop, But all where going to see from BW is that they are doing everything possible to block them,,,, Funny this is the only MMO that I have seen that hasn't gotten rid of them..:confused: Oh well :rolleyes:

The report tools should be improved, too. Ideally the Report Spam option should also Ignore the guy for, say, 10 hours on all characters in my Legacy.

I keep having to report and ignore the same dudes over and over each time I swap to an alt.

I get it in the mail, General chat, and now the new one is every time you arrive at fleet some ******* sends you a whisper, the other day, no crap, I ignored 20 people that sent me a whisper ever time I arrived at the fleet, 20 different freaking idiots :mad:

This has got to stop, But all where going to see from BW is that they are doing everything possible to block them,,,, Funny this is the only MMO that I have seen that hasn't gotten rid of them..:confused: Oh well :rolleyes:

I assume you haven't played ESO then... they were notoriously virulent there.

On the other hand, it shows that the game is very much vibrant and alive now, since gold sellers wouldn't go to a dying game since there would be no customers there. No market.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.