Hatred PVP - when do I start hitting hard?

JediWilmsy

A little background on me, I usually main a scoundrel heals for PVP but decided when 3.0 hit to give DPS a go so went scrapper, after a while the burst I was getting was great although the whole rotation really got going when I got blood boiler.

After being told multiple times that a sin is better than a scrapper hands down I got my former deception sin off the shelf at level 35, this toon has PVPd all the way up from 10-35 through PVP, I felt I had good burst and could actually kill people but wanted to give hatred a go.

My problem is I hit discharge in stealth, then creeping terror followed by death field, I then thrash twice to get the crushing darkness proc. at this pint it seems they've hardly lost any health while my dots tick away not that hard it seems, thrash starts to drain my resource and often their nowhere near 30% so I can't assassinate.

At what point does hatred start wrecking people like I saw it did on my scrapper? Remembering I'm level 35, I just feel like I hit big numbers but it's all spread dots and I'm not actually soloing anyone.

Your class WAS hitting hard when you were level 27-29. But now you're in the 30-59 branch, and basically, the 56-59 wreck anyone thats lower then that. Now some (fewer and fewer but still) swtor2.10 level 55's with 55pvp gear do bonus super damage on top of that.

Next to that of course, you don't have all the utilities and awesome things yet unlocked, you will.

I just went your same route, and I wasn't impressed that much in pve (pve is much more balanced then pvp) up to level 36. Then slowly things changed around levels 40-44. Spike as my new opener at level 42 helped a lot, and all the periodic damage increasements also help. Still, its far from one shotting or something like that against same levels.

A little background on me, I usually main a scoundrel heals for PVP but decided when 3.0 hit to give DPS a go so went scrapper, after a while the burst I was getting was great although the whole rotation really got going when I got blood boiler.

After being told multiple times that a sin is better than a scrapper hands down I got my former deception sin off the shelf at level 35, this toon has PVPd all the way up from 10-35 through PVP, I felt I had good burst and could actually kill people but wanted to give hatred a go.

My problem is I hit discharge in stealth, then creeping terror followed by death field, I then thrash twice to get the crushing darkness proc. at this pint it seems they've hardly lost any health while my dots tick away not that hard it seems, thrash starts to drain my resource and often their nowhere near 30% so I can't assassinate.

At what point does hatred start wrecking people like I saw it did on my scrapper? Remembering I'm level 35, I just feel like I hit big numbers but it's all spread dots and I'm not actually soloing anyone.

I do not main an Assassin (also an operative healer actually, similar to you, lol). In my experience though, you are never going to hit like a truck with Hatred spec like you can with other classes. It just is not as bursty as some others you may be used to. For example, when levelling my Arsenal Merc, from 58-59 I could crit with Heatseeker for over 13k and sometimes follow i up with a Railshot crit for another 9.5K. My hatred Assassin is 59 right now and I have seen Assassinate hit for 9.6k. Biggest hit on my own toon Ive seen. The spec in my opinion shines in a group setting where you can stress a healer or primary target with decent single target but spread damage out over several opponents.

At 58 you will notice a nice difference when you get Demolish, which replaces Crushing Darkness. I am loving the spec though. A lot of fun in pvp.

My 2 cents at least.

Spike, leeching strike are good damage skills, assassinate is great. You can't compare a hatred sin with concealment operative. You won't do much damage the first seconds but after some seconds it's really hard pressure. You have 3 dots applied and do insane damage when you add your other skills like assassinate, DF and leeching strike.

You need to be lv 44 to get the surge skill and when lv 48 you get another very important one. You will get stronger and stronger. You will have a lot of fun when you are lv 59 and play against 30-59 :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.