should you armor your companion with warzone gear

quwone

I'm slowly gearing out my same stat companion once I gain my 174 gear. All my 168's go to him on which ever character I'm playing.

I havn't full gear anyone yet so I've not taken them out and gone Rep bashing......... but am eagerly anticipating the day :)

If you do a lot of openworld dailies and are on a pvp server, yeah you should probably gear one of your companions out in PvP gear. I use legacy gear for them, so I can use the same 1 suit on a few different companions on my other toons as well.

I mostly agree with this, however, I have found that if you have rocking pvp gear on your char, it is a little less important. Expertise certainly applies to your comp. It can be quite useful in OWPvP. However, you also are dealing with a lot of NPCs in OW. As I do endgame progression, top end PvE gear is readily available for my comps and in my opinion is better in many ways. Still I know some guys that have max PvP gear on comps and they punch people in the face in OWPvP.

I wonder if it's better to gear your healer companion with pvp gear but pve mainhand/offhand. Their healing gets better if you yourself are wearing pvp gear right? So their expertise only helps them mitigate dmg received and healing done to themselves. In other words, the extra stats on pve mainhand/offhand should offset the expertise loss right?

I wonder if it's better to gear your healer companion with pvp gear but pve mainhand/offhand. Their healing gets better if you yourself are wearing pvp gear right? So their expertise only helps them mitigate dmg received and healing done to themselves. In other words, the extra stats on pve mainhand/offhand should offset the expertise loss right?

I have no idea.

Brilliant question and supposition.

Thought I read that expertise only effected player characters. Would be interested in an actual authoritative answer.

Which is true, after a fashion. If your companion is PVP-geared and attacks another player (or their companion), your companion's Expertise is in effect. Companions are linked to their player characters for OWPvP purposes, and as such, both Expertise and Resolve are in play (note that you share a Resolve bar with your companion).

Whether Expertise works on companions is easily proved by having a PVP-geared companion duel a matching PVE-geared companion. The result isn't even close: the PVP companion will still have about half their HP left by the time they shred the PVE companion.

Edited by HeatRacer

personally, i think if you bring out a companion in any pvp, you should forfeit your man card and genitals in the nearest opposing faction drop box.

I know a lot of people do this, but ... just no. its pvp, not pvp+c.

Dude mako needs to heal me when I go into TATs sandbox for a nice dump not my fault someone thought they could one shot her then try to gank me (which is always funny)

I mostly agree with this, however, I have found that if you have rocking pvp gear on your char, it is a little less important. Expertise certainly applies to your comp. It can be quite useful in OWPvP. However, you also are dealing with a lot of NPCs in OW. As I do endgame progression, top end PvE gear is readily available for my comps and in my opinion is better in many ways. Still I know some guys that have max PvP gear on comps and they punch people in the face in OWPvP.

The only thing about this is you can ROFLSTOMP most the OW PvE content in L55 PvP gear :rolleyes:

The new stuff is soo easy.

personally, i think if you bring out a companion in any pvp, you should forfeit your man card and genitals in the nearest opposing faction drop box.

I know a lot of people do this, but ... just no. its pvp, not pvp+c.

I agree if we're talking about duels. I'm talking about it being funny/good when you're bored out of your mind doing a daily for creds and someone jumps you and gets confused when you just stand there for a sec spamming hue in /say while your pet puts a dent in them.

I agree if we're talking about duels. I'm talking about it being funny/good when you're bored out of your mind doing a daily for creds and someone jumps you and gets confused when you just stand there for a sec spamming hue in /say while your pet puts a dent in them.

Intentionally gearing comp for pvp makes them less effective for grinding, so thats a bit of a copout to play that card.

I mean if they happen to be out and someone attacks you. meh, whatever.. thats game, but hats not what we are talking about here either.

Open world pvp, Tat wars, the recent flurries on Yavin 4... if you pull your companion out in a time/place that you know and intend to be pvping... thats lame as afar as im concerned. If you need that help to participate perhaps you should be doing basketweaving on Tython or something...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.