Dear, PvP community...

CarpeMortem

I've been pvping regularly since launch. I come to the forums and all I see is a clusterf*** of complaints.

PvP is unbalanced you say?

Perhaps it's more like you don't know how to play your class. No, I don't mean simply hitting buttons that do damage. It doesn't stop just at knowing your class either, you need to learn other classes. Only by knowing other classes can you know when to use your cooldowns to take them down.

A lot of you subconsciously expect to walk into a group of people and just handle them. This is an MMO, not an fps. Generally speaking, it doesn't work that way. There are some exceptional players out there who are able to 1vX because they have a better grasp on the game than you do.

Stuns and CCs are fine. If you weren't running around by yourself worrying about your k/d and not the objective you wouldn't be getting chain CCed anyway. Diminishing returns don't need to exist. Stuns are on a long enough cooldown that no one is able to keep you on constant lock for 5 minutes. At most a player is controlled for 20 seconds, which if you were with your team, wouldn't be a problem.

Stun mechanics in general make players angry (assuming they're on the receiving end.) That doesn't validate the complaint about them at all. Figure out what CCs are worth spending your CC breaking ability on.

Honestly, so many of these complaints have been heard in WoW. Look at what that game has become. It is a shell of the gem it used to be.

DO NOT DO THAT TO SWTOR!

Do you play a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior... if so add me and pm just to confirm if not then dont bother replying.

Also, I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced, but it sure beats wow by a long shot. Any valid complaints are impossible to see through all the QQ.

I'm not saying everything about the game is completely balanced but it's technically been out for five days. So come on guys.... I can understand the op's point, especially since I've played other mmos and had success in pvp. WoW included.

I'm playing a Sentinel and I can definitely tell the difference when I'm facing a player of lower caliber, higher caliber, or pretty damn close to me in skill level.

First off, be realistic about your skill level. If you're constantly getting mobbed you probably need a little more practice or your mouse is unplugged. If it's the first and you've been playing your toon like that this whole time you should probably focus on other parts of your life... If it's the second reason feel free to blame it on the first, just don't post another thread complaining to us please.

Edited by retrospekt

Also, I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced, but it sure beats wow by a long shot. Any valid complaints are impossible to see through all the QQ.

Well, thing is - in every MMO there always are whine about OP classes, mechanics e.t.c. As you said most of them are people with L2P issues, a lot arent though.

No PvP in any MMO is EVER balanced. Balance is a process, not the state.

And while i play Sith Sorcerrer and it pains me to read clueless people on forums whining to nerf my class - i know that there will be class changes. Lots of changes. To EVERY class. And one nerf/boost circle will end, it will repeat to begining and start again.

Whining majority is bad. Bioware knows how their classes work, with all math and mechanics better than all of you, and will not pay attention to clueless whining drama. That until some players find otu how to play classes the way even Bioware did not consider and it would become too obvious - then it will be nerfed/fixed.

At current stage however, its pointless to speak about ANY nerfs or boost at all while majority of people is bellow level 50. Give it few monthes, before any class changes happen.

OP made a logical and well thought out post based on facts and history.

Posting before flame war.

I'm glad someone is able to see this. No one who has said contrary has presented any valid argument. God forbid someone take the time to analyze what they're doing, and change their playstyle to fit a new game.