PvE vs PvP

Bayoufrog

Good day to all.

I've been playing SWTOR since it's release, usually on PvE servers. Even then, I rarely ever participated in any PvP events, much less bothered to collect any PvP gear simply because my PvP encounters were so rare. I've been gone from the game for roughly a year and upon my return decided to do something completely different and join Jung Ma: Not only a RP server, but PvP as well...which got me thinking. Do I need even bother to have a PvE and a PvP set of gear (which was often spoken about on PvE servers), or do I just focus on getting the best PvP gear that I can?

Any and all opinions/advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Bayoufrog

Just like the above post stated, if you are just going to PvP, then only get the Exhumed and Dark Reaver gear. I'll give you some tips for gearing that I do that in my opinion is the best way to gear, especially if you are starting fresh. Just remember that the first week or so may be rough with no gear. With the new set bonuses out, go straight for those armorings, instead of the MH/OH. Once expertise capped (have a full set of Exhumed gear) start min maxing 168s. You don't need to immediately go into buying the Dark Reaver set, but instead buying the correct mods and enhancements for your characters. Which means, transferring the ranked comms that you get from your dailies/weeklies to regular warzone comms. Some might disagree with that, but that speeds up getting min maxed, which is the most important thing to do. There isn't that much of a difference between Exhumed and Dark Reaver. As soon as your fully min maxed Exhumed gear with augments, you can dive into Solo Ranked, which will help you quickly get your Reaver set. Being fully min maxed Exhumed will not only help you be competitive in ranked, but will make everyone on your team happy as well. :)

From your post I get the feeling you aren't interested in PvP and are asking about the PvP gear because its partially a PvP server. To that I would say that having PvP gear only matters inside WZs or for open world encounters. If all you want to do is run operations or flashpoints, most of those are in safe areas and so PvP gear is totally unnecessary. Just do your thing with your PvE gear and enjoy.

Obviously, if you're wanting to do WZs I'd recommend grabbing the appropriate gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.