Complete embarrassment.

tdmaha

You know stepping away from these forums can be a rather humbling experience. I've been playing other games lately and participating on their forums. Sure there are QQ threads but what an embarrassment the Swtor threads have turned into.

The entite first page of threads is nothing but QQing over everything under the sun. QQ about crafting QQ about banning anyone beside you, QQ about exploits QQ about slot machines. You people should be embarrassed I couldn't imagine a new player coming into this game coming to these forums and having a positve experience.

Pretty sure I'll be sticking with my other games if this is what you QQers are turning this game into.

You know stepping away from these forums can be a rather humbling experience. I've been playing other games lately and participating on their forums. Sure there are QQ threads but what an embarrassment the Swtor threads have turned into.

The entite first page of threads is nothing but QQing over everything under the sun. QQ about crafting QQ about banning anyone beside you, QQ about exploits QQ about slot machines. You people should be embarrassed I couldn't imagine a new player coming into this game coming to these forums and having a positve experience.

Pretty sure I'll be sticking with my other games if this is what you QQers are turning this game into.

I've been playing these games longer than some kids have been alive. This is nothing new and nothing that you won't see on other titles. When exploits and mistakes are made, the community becomes more vocal. Only natural.

I've been playing these games longer than some kids have been alive. This is nothing new and nothing that you won't see on other titles. When exploits and mistakes are made, the community becomes more vocal. Only natural.

Yep so have I and I made it clear in the other games im playing there are the QQ threads. But it's very rare you would see the entire first page of the forums filled with QQ after QQ thread.

Just posting about an observation I made I am very aware I'll be attacked for that observation but I can handle it.

Have you really been to some other gaming forums, especially shortly after a new release (like 3.0 in our case)?

Try WoW, try Diablo 3, try Mass Effect ... the whine and entitlement is very strong there.

Most people that are happy with a game do not come to its forums to give it praise. Most people that are angry and annoyed (with reason or without) will do so, though. The "General" section of any game's board is usually filled with whine and anger, that's just how it is.

If you did a bit deeper in class/strategy and other sub-fora you will usually also see a different picture and get quite a lot of valuable and interesting information. This i find is true for SWTOR sub-fora as well as for sub-fora of other games. The entrance door is mostly sprayed with angry graffitti in most cases, though.

To be honest I don't see these forums as any worse than other titles within the genre. Yes there are a lot of complaints about things, but have you thought perhaps the people who are complaining might have a laundry list of legitimate gripes that need addressing? Not flaming, I just think you need to look at the bigger picture. A forum is the only way for people to share a collective annoyance or indeed pleasure with aspects of the game, and a yard stick for the devs to judge reaction to any development in game.

The fact that at any one time you see a series of complaints indicates that the devs clearly haven't got everything right yet, and perhaps never will. And as others have said I think some of the more petty ones are for sarcastic humour more than anything.

I remember playing SWG back in the day, their forums were no different, man if you could see a snapshot of the forums the day the NGE hit! It makes these forums look like they are moderated by the Dalai Lama lol.

Stepping into the forums literally the day a completely broken mechanic is introduced to the wider public is a very bad time to judge the amount of QQ in a game. Read some of those threads for a change, those rates are broken and absolutely hotfix-worthy.

Have you really been to some other gaming forums, especially shortly after a new release (like 3.0 in our case)?

Try WoW, try Diablo 3, try Mass Effect ... the whine and entitlement is very strong there.

Most people that are happy with a game do not come to its forums to give it praise. Most people that are angry and annoyed (with reason or without) will do so, though. The "General" section of any game's board is usually filled with whine and anger, that's just how it is.

If you did a bit deeper in class/strategy and other sub-fora you will usually also see a different picture and get quite a lot of valuable and interesting information. This i find is true for SWTOR sub-fora as well as for sub-fora of other games. The entrance door is mostly sprayed with angry graffitti in most cases, though.

No I agree with everything you said, I never said the forums I was in were good. Sadly I would say these forums currently are worse then the WoW forums. Just my opionion though...

Yep so have I and I made it clear in the other games im playing there are the QQ threads. But it's very rare you would see the entire first page of the forums filled with QQ after QQ thread.

Just posting about an observation I made I am very aware I'll be attacked for that observation but I can handle it.

It's only rare when there isn't some "thing" that has become a hot-button issue recently - and that's definitely not specific to SWTOR.

Go to the FFXIV boards today and you may only see a few QQing threads, go to them during the week after their Player Housing debacle started... totally different story.

I'm curious though, what other games specifically are you talking about?

That's why they should have banned people instead of announcing that the banhammer was incoming.

Now all those people that knowingly exploited have time to post on the forum to try to justify their behavior.

"Your Honor, I'm pleading not guilty because it's the convenience store's fault for leaving their cash register on the counter rather than behind 6 inches of bullet proof glass.

The people you should be putting in jail are the ones that take a penny from the tray when they don't need it."

Edited by Rankyn

Yeah, the QQ has reached such a level that I cant even be bothered to troll anymore, because the threads literally could not get any sillier.

Pretty much.

One of these days, getting a Revan Armor set from a Grand Acquisitions pack is akin to an exploit. The odds of getting it are you so minimal. :eek:

Why would you subject to that? Exploit is the path to salvation obviously.

* sigh *

* snip *

* claps *

Edited by Darth_Wicked

No I agree with everything you said, I never said the forums I was in were good. Sadly I would say these forums currently are worse then the WoW forums. Just my opionion though...

I remember other times in WoW, the worse period was the lich king exploit with the engineering grenades lolz

Yeah, people have a huge entitlement and will whine about anything. Like I've been saying for a while now, the people whining about EA and Bioware have clearly never dealt with Nexon, Trion or NCSoft if they think this is horrible.

That's why they should have banned people instead of announcing that the banhammer was incoming.

Now all those people that knowingly exploited have time to post on the forum to try to justify their behavior.

"Your Honor, I'm pleading not guilty because it's the convenience store's fault for leaving their cash register on the counter rather than behind 6 inches of bullet proof glass.

The people you should be putting in jail are the ones that take a penny from the tray when they don't need it."

Because the spam of threads and posts certainly didn't start with an outpouring of myopic, self-righteous outrage and demands that everyone who "cheated", bought items from "cheating", or was in a guild with a "cheater" should be banned for life, have their inventory stripped, or some other ridiculous over-reacting punishment... no, that never happened. There wasn't thread after thread after thread posted and then deleted, laden with the same silly demands and ultimatums of quitting if Bioware didn't purge the unclean...

/sarcasm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.