Healing Bubble or Shortened CD on the Force Speed Heroic Utility?

DomiSotto

Hi folks, I assume that Force Mobility is a must for any Sorcerer - or is it just for a healer, btw? But what about the other two coveted Utilities? Part of me thinks that Force SPed is better as it gives both Defense (run away!) and Offense (Bolt) advantage. Yes?

I personnally use for pve :

Tier 1 : double shock, empty body, tempest mastery

Tier 2 : buff on unatural preservation (forgot name) and bubble 10%

Tier 3 : force mobility + self healing on bubble and barrier.

If a fight has lot of snare and root replace bubble buff in tier 2 with immersion.

The lower cooldown on force speed is not necessary unless you plan on being nearly permanently on the move or nearly.

For pvp I get some better stuns, snare/root breaker, and the cooldown reduction on speed and barrier at the cost of force mobility.

Hi folks, I assume that Force Mobility is a must for any Sorcerer - or is it just for a healer, btw? But what about the other two coveted Utilities? Part of me thinks that Force SPed is better as it gives both Defense (run away!) and Offense (Bolt) advantage. Yes?

Corrupted barrier over force speed, for PVP and/or PVE

Corrupted barrier over force speed, for PVP and/or PVE

The shorter force speed cooldown also comes with the added benefit of a lower CD on Force Barrier, which is something that I heavily rely on even in PvE. The Force Speed CD in and of itself dramatically improves my mobility and gives me the option of using it as a rotational correction tool, rather than just desperately clinging to it for when I need to move around.

Wow, and I nearly convinced myself that FSpeed >> Bubble. I guess, I am too used to playing Madness in the 'start 3 channels, then set off proc' way, i want the same instant gratification on my Lightening Bolt. Hmmm. Okay, I have never tried PvE so I will go with the wise folks here and do the bubble :) Edited by DomiSotto

The bubble heal is one of those things that don't look all that strong when you glance at the description. But when you realize that after 8 seconds of barrier, you have 4 stacks of bastion and that will heal you at 8%/sec, you realize... it's crazy effective.

I've been experimenting with Corrupted Barrier and the Force Speed Reduction on my TK Sage. Having Turbulence on the move is nice, but with all the new mobility in TK/Lightning, I'm not convinced it is needed outside of ranked.

That was something else I was thinking. Healer gotta be able to channel the heal on the move, but do you need the Turbulence on the move that much in PvE?

Yes, unquestionably. Turbulence has to be used on CD to maintain your DPS. Unlike Chain Lightning or Force Speed, you can't just arbitrarily move it around to get mobility when you need it. Having Turbulence on the move allows you to keep your DPS up without penalties when moving around, and you move in every non-Sparky fight.

Oh, too bad. I tried ditching the Mobility on the Lightening Sorc on Yavin, taking both the Ticking Healing Bubble and the Shortened Force Speed CD, and three insta-cast lightning bolts in a row routinely was v. cool, that's after Lightening Storm half-a-map in size. But FPs are obviously not Yavin. I'll let go off Speed once I am done the levelling content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.