Min/maxed Shadow

Herculieas

I don't do end-game PvE, so I've no need for it.

I rarely go OOM in PvP, and when I do I'm usually low HP and will Force Cloak, Phase Walk, and heal. It does so little damage and is a waste of a GCD it tends to give my opponents an upper hand when I use it.

Edited by Herculieas

There is absolutely not a chance in the world you can sustain yourself without using saber strike.
I do fine. Rarely do I do less than 2k DPS.

I would change 2 critical enhancements/mods into surge. Pls, Tell about working 5% alacrity in pvp
My crit rating comes from my Stalker's earpiece and 13x Resolve augments. Alacrity is nice. I definitely notice more resource regen. Edited by Herculieas

this is my min/max sin..i went with power augments..thinking of trying out resolve augments have a hunch that i need to know ..usually i run deception but when i do dailies i run hatred..just get them all in a pile and let the aoe's drop..haha

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/Xert_2010/Screenshot_2015-01-15_19_28_24_143514_zps549c8762.jpg

Unlike OP you have all important abilities and most importantly BOTH taunts on your bar. 10/10 mate :)

this is my min/max sin..i went with power augments..thinking of trying out resolve augments have a hunch that i need to know ..usually i run deception but when i do dailies i run hatred..just get them all in a pile and let the aoe's drop..haha

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/Xert_2010/Screenshot_2015-01-15_19_28_24_143514_zps549c8762.jpg

I really really like Resolve augments. The extra Willpower that shows on the character menu is sexy as hell, too.

Unlike OP you have all important abilities and most importantly BOTH taunts on your bar. 10/10 mate :)
ikr op is nub

91% Accuracy is too low for any spec.
I don't think Force abilities benefit from Accuracy, and about 80% of my damage I'd estimate comes from my Force attacks.

I don't think Force abilities benefit from Accuracy, and about 80% of my damage I'd estimate comes from my Force attacks.

That's incredibly wrong. You do far less than 80% attacks as force. Leeching Strike, Assassinate, Thrash and Lacerate are all melee attacks and crucial to your Demolish procs. Can't get a demolish proc without melee, can you? Consulars have a base 10% dodge. The DPS loss on a missed LS or Assassinate is gigantic. You are gimping yourself with such low accuracy.

Don't even get me started on Deception, which is far more Accuracy dependent.

Did you come to these forums genuinely seeking help or are you satisfied with what you have? From the tone of the posts, I'm assuming the latter; which makes the entirety of this topic - irrelevant.

That's incredibly wrong. You do far less than 80% attacks as force. Leeching Strike, Assassinate, Thrash and Lacerate are all melee attacks and crucial to your Demolish procs. Can't get a demolish proc without melee, can you? Consulars have a base 10% dodge. The DPS loss on a missed LS or Assassinate is gigantic. You are gimping yourself with such low accuracy.

Aside from this, your Force attacks do benefit from accuracy. Any time you get hit by an Accuracy debuff from a tank, any extra accuracy you have comes into play. Any time you go up against a tank, you're going to need accuracy if you want to hit them very much, since they have non-zero Force/Tech resist chances, and can pop things like Explosive Fuel + Oil Slick on you, and make their F/T resist chance effectively around 60% (not that you can truly counter that). All of your attacks benefit from accuracy, and moreso if the enemy team has even a single tank on it.

Aside from this, your Force attacks do benefit from accuracy. Any time you get hit by an Accuracy debuff from a tank, any extra accuracy you have comes into play. Any time you go up against a tank, you're going to need accuracy if you want to hit them very much, since they have non-zero Force/Tech resist chances, and can pop things like Explosive Fuel + Oil Slick on you, and make their F/T resist chance effectively around 60% (not that you can truly counter that). All of your attacks benefit from accuracy, and moreso if the enemy team has even a single tank on it.

Good post.

I feel like at minimum you need no less than 93% accuracy for either spec (i would argue 95% is the magic number, as someone else has pointed out about tank's accuracy debuffs) but thats my opinion, as im no theorycrafter/numbercruncher.

currently i think my stats are 3599 mainstat, 24% crit chance, 74.1% surge, 94.3% accuracy, rest power (all buffs, purple stim, 10x blue resolve 36 mainstat augments, 4x purple resolve 36 mainstat augments). im not in full BiS gear yet but i plan to get my accuracy up to 95% and drop my surge down to about 72%. depending on how i min/max i may end up putting in an alacrity enhancement or 2 as well. I play both Serenity and Infiltration fairly often so im going more for a more balanced approach to gear instead of trying to lug around 2 different gear sets

Okay, but other than a tank that has resist chances, Accuracy for Force attacks will do nothing. I think because Shadows/Sins do so much Force damage, it's best to get Surge or Alacrity instead of Accuracy.

Don't even get me started on Deception, which is far more Accuracy dependent.

Did you come to these forums genuinely seeking help or are you satisfied with what you have? From the tone of the posts, I'm assuming the latter; which makes the entirety of this topic - irrelevant.

How much am I gimping myself? What DPS should I be hitting each game? Edited by Herculieas

Okay, but other than a tank that has resist chances, Accuracy for Force attacks will do nothing. I think because Shadows/Sins do so much Force damage, it's best to get Surge or Alacrity instead of Accuracy.How much am I gimping myself? What DPS should I be hitting each game?

Diversion. Saber Ward. Deflection. There are other things other than tanks that can make you miss. Also, as Xinika said, hitting your melee attacks is important.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.