Does PvP armour....

Toxxo

The answer to you question is NO. The armor itself doesn't keep the set bonus if you remove the armoring.

While it is true that the original armor doesn't retain the set bonus if you take the Armoring out, I think the OP was actually wondering (though failing to convey the question properly) whether they could get the PvP Set Bonuses on the Adaptive Armor that they want to put the PvP Armorings, Mods, and Enhancements into. In which case the answer to that question is YES, as the PvP Set Bonuses are tied directly to the Armorings, and therefore whatever Armor that you put the Armorings into will have the PvP Set Bonuses as well.

Same holds true for all Set Bonuses. That is what makes Adaptive Armor so great by the way, its because you can essentially have whatever look you want, while still retaining the set bonuses from the best armor in the game!

You should always be taking the all the mods out of whatever PvP shells you have and putting them in something else. Augmenting your gear is an absolute requirement to be effective in PvP and augmenting shells you are going to hand back to the vendor is a huge waste of your resources (credits and mats).

Adaptive gear is nice to use but IMO legacy gear is much better (although I believe most newer legacy sets are adaptive). This way if you have a Sorc and a Sage you can use one set for both chars. Adaptive is less important now than legacy since you used to be able to share a set between AC's and still be effective, Eliminator set for Merc and VG for example or for an adaptive example Weaponmaster(?) for Guards and Sents. but now that the set bonuses are more closely tied to the AC it can still be done but is not as useful.

Edited by Capt_Beers

Ugh. Well, that's as clear as mud then haha :D 2 say yes, 1 says no. Does anyone actually know for sure? (Thanks for the input though guys!)

The set bonus is tied to the armoring item modification in the PVP shells. The armorings can be pulled out and put into other shells and transfer the set bonus with them. The PVP shells will not retain set bonus without the armoring item modification.

Regarding the Adaptive vs. Legacy argument:

The main advantage that Adaptive has over Legacy is that Adaptive will always LOOK nicer than Legacy Armor. That said, Legacy Armor will always be easier to trade the gear between two characters as I believe any mods that are placed on a piece of Legacy Armor are considered to be Bound to the Legacy as long as they remain on that piece of Legacy Armor (could someone verify that for me?)

That said, now that we have access to the Collections Menu, getting duplicates of Adaptive Armor is not all that difficult, or really even all that expensive. So it really just comes down to what one's preferences are between the two types of armors, and how much one is willing to spend in terms of commendations, credits, and Cartel Coins in the long run.

Out of my own personal curiosity though, which vendor is the one that you guys using the Legacy Armor are using to purchase Legacy Armor that is shareable between the Republic and Empire Mirror-Classes? Like someone said you could now get Legacy Armor that could be shared between Sorcerers and Sages, which Vendor do you get that at? What planet?

Ugh. Well, that's as clear as mud then haha :D 2 say yes, 1 says no. Does anyone actually know for sure? (Thanks for the input though guys!)

We're all saying the same thing. However I was the only one who directly answered your question. The PVP armor itself doesn't have the set bonus, it's the armoring that does. So you can transfer the set bonus to any custom gear of the same slot (head, chest, leg, ect...), but once removed the "skeleton" of the pvp armor no longer has the set bonus.

We're all saying the same thing. However I was the only one who directly answered your question. The PVP armor itself doesn't have the set bonus, it's the armoring that does. So you can transfer the set bonus to any custom gear of the same slot (head, chest, leg, ect...), but once removed the "skeleton" of the pvp armor no longer has the set bonus.

Actually you misunderstood the question...

....retain the set bonuses, if you take the armour/mods/enhancements and put them into adaptive armour shells?

Clearly when he said "armour" he was referring to the armoring. ;)

I which case the answer is YES.

Edited by LeglessChair

Regarding the Adaptive vs. Legacy argument:

The main advantage that Adaptive has over Legacy is that Adaptive will always LOOK nicer than Legacy Armor. That said, Legacy Armor will always be easier to trade the gear between two characters as I believe any mods that are placed on a piece of Legacy Armor are considered to be Bound to the Legacy as long as they remain on that piece of Legacy Armor (could someone verify that for me?)

That said, now that we have access to the Collections Menu, getting duplicates of Adaptive Armor is not all that difficult, or really even all that expensive. So it really just comes down to what one's preferences are between the two types of armors, and how much one is willing to spend in terms of commendations, credits, and Cartel Coins in the long run.

Out of my own personal curiosity though, which vendor is the one that you guys using the Legacy Armor are using to purchase Legacy Armor that is shareable between the Republic and Empire Mirror-Classes? Like someone said you could now get Legacy Armor that could be shared between Sorcerers and Sages, which Vendor do you get that at? What planet?

You're right, looking good >>>>>> set bonuses and 2018 expertise.

Actually you misunderstood the question...

Clearly when he said "armour" he was referring to the armoring. ;)

I which case the answer is YES.

Clearly it's a poorly worded question :rolleyes:

Oh and BTW... armoring mods don't have mods and enhancements to take out of them, so the armour in the title clearly refers to the actual armor ;)

Edited by TezMoney

You're right, looking good >>>>>> set bonuses and 2018 expertise.

I never said that looking good was actually better than set bonuses or 2018 expertise. I said that was the ONLY advantage that Adaptive Armor has over Legacy Armor. Clearly you weren't paying attention to what I was saying.

When Legacy Armor has so many OTHER advantages over Adaptive Armor, it is clear that the Legacy Armor is superior. However that doesn't change the fact that the one someone chooses to use is going to ultimately come down to personal preference as well as how much that individual is willing to spend.

Also I notice no one managed to answer my main question: where does one actually get the Legacy Armor that isn't class specific?

Fortunately I appear to have found a location that I can get such armor, assuming the Gree Reputation Vendor is still on Ilum despite the Gree event not actually occurring right now, which I am currently investigating :D

I never said that looking good was actually better than set bonuses or 2018 expertise. I said that was the ONLY advantage that Adaptive Armor has over Legacy Armor. Clearly you weren't paying attention to what I was saying.

When Legacy Armor has so many OTHER advantages over Adaptive Armor, it is clear that the Legacy Armor is superior. However that doesn't change the fact that the one someone chooses to use is going to ultimately come down to personal preference as well as how much that individual is willing to spend.

Also I notice no one managed to answer my main question: where does one actually get the Legacy Armor that isn't class specific?

Fortunately I appear to have found a location that I can get such armor, assuming the Gree Reputation Vendor is still on Ilum despite the Gree event not actually occurring right now, which I am currently investigating :D

Looking good is not an advantage at all. It's an ancillary benefit at best.

BBA rep vendor, Section X rep vendor, Gree rep vendor, and S3 ranked award sets.

Edited by TezMoney

Woah! Many thanks for the replies! Community stepping up to the plate once again! You guys rock. Many many thanks. *salutes*

EDIT: And yes, it was a poorly worded question, sorry for being rather vague!

Edited by Toxxo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.