More constructive criticism, less flaming

Percussionist

Let me just preface this by saying I have been playing console and computer games since the mid 70’s (yes, I even had an Atari Pong system). I can’t count the number of games I have played a few days or weeks and then stopped for lack of interest. In contrast, I have been a SWTOR subscriber for over 2 years now and in all my 40 years of gaming, I have never invested this much time and money on one game. The reason is this has been the most fun I have ever had with any game. That is why I just don’t understand all the complaining I read on these forums from certain members of the community. I know about the Hero Engine issues, server lag issues, patch updates breaking things, etc. But if the game makes you so unhappy, why do you still play? Speak with your wallet. The reason I keep playing is nothing else currently out there can provide the Star Wars experience at this level. I realize this will probably illicit more complaints, but I am just an avid gamer who wishes there was more constructive criticism, and less of the flaming responses that serve no value. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what’s next in the SWTOR universe.

Once we have this much invested, it is hard to let go...

Rather like an abused spouse who won't leave, the investment is too big...

That being said, everyone has their own limit, mine has arrived... Been here since 1.1, sub renewal turned off, time to find something else since new content clearly isn't coming at a pace that is useful...

Short answer: because they get attention.

Not from BW, mind you, but other forum posters. Whether the responses agree or disagree, posting a rant about a controversial subject can go on for weeks and get hundreds or even thousands of replies. Some people enjoy that kind of attention, even when it's overwhelmingly negative. It's what motivates trolling and to a lesser extent complaints about things none of us can fix.

For me, the good out-weighs the bad. I mean...this is freaking star wars! And it changes. As soon as I feel like I am getting into a routine, they change things and its new all over.

But yet, I still complain. I guess it is because...it is star wars. And I have this great idea of star wars being a perfect story. And I can sometimes see what this game and its creators could do, and I look at new patches and expansions and catch myself thinking.."Wow. This is great! And it feels new again..but cant it be more?"

And maybe someday it will. Maybe it wont.

Guess you can call me a fan boy...or overly hopeful. But I play because I know how good this game IS..and CAN BE.

yes it's just the forum..there are people posting rants everyday and then they happen to have most expensive mounts and CM sets and probably the most annoying titles to get..or that complain about pvp class balance for one alt they had to bench and are happy on their sins from day 1 of 3.0 and you could keep going with similar examples

Short answer: because they get attention.

Not from BW, mind you, but other forum posters. Whether the responses agree or disagree, posting a rant about a controversial subject can go on for weeks and get hundreds or even thousands of replies. Some people enjoy that kind of attention, even when it's overwhelmingly negative. It's what motivates trolling and to a lesser extent complaints about things none of us can fix.

Totally agree.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.