Which discipline path for my Shadow?

shadryx

So I'm an old player who is returning and I want advice on which discipline path I should choose for my Jedi Shadow. If I'm planning to solo a good deal should I choose Infiltration or Kinetic combat? If I go with Kinetic combat will that screw with my stealth abilities? Is there an easy way to switch between the two? I've never used the discipline paths before and want to get it right the first time. Is there anything else I should consider? Thanks in advance for any answers!

So I'm an old player who is returning and I want advice on which discipline path I should choose for my Jedi Shadow. If I'm planning to solo a good deal should I choose Infiltration or Kinetic combat? If I go with Kinetic combat will that screw with my stealth abilities? Is there an easy way to switch between the two? I've never used the discipline paths before and want to get it right the first time. Is there anything else I should consider? Thanks in advance for any answers!

I leveled my Shadow as a tank (Kinetic) and while I survived everything, I thought it was a touch boring. I switched to Infiltration shortly after I hit 50, and I've never looked back. But tbh, that's my playstyle...I found I wasn't good as a tank :)

So the main decision in those two specs is how you want to play...also, switching would be problematic because they use different secondary stats, so you'd have to maintain two different sets of gear just for PvE. That may not be an issue to you or others...just wanted to point that out.

Either way, I think Shadow/Assassin is fun even though their dps numbers lack at times. Stealth ftw :)

So which secondary stats go with which discipline paths?

Firstly, secondary stats are not important until you start hitting endgame. In fact, until your late 20s or early 30s, you can't even find mods with any secondary stat other than Power.

Secondly, if you're playing a tank then you should have a shield equipped in your offhand. Your secondary stats would then be Defense, Shield Chance and Absorb. If you're playing DPS, then you should have a focus in your offhand and your secondary stats would be Power, Surge, Crit Chance, Alacrity and Accuracy.

At low levels, you could swap back and forth and just carry a shield or focus in your inventory for when you wanted to switch paths.

So I'm an old player who is returning and I want advice on which discipline path I should choose for my Jedi Shadow.!

Basically speaking, there's not much need to be overly concerned about secondary stats or discipline in the early stages. Pick whichever discipline sounds interesting to you and try to pick armor with the appropriate stats, but don't get all anal about it. You're just as apt to find out you don't like the particular path you've chosen and want to change disciplines. (If you are a subscriber, it costs nothing but a little time to switch disciplines.)

It could be argued that the early levels are the time in which you should be experimenting and seeing which discipline matches your playstyle, abilities, and/or sense of whimsy. It's as you get closer to level 50+ that you can start to concentrate on more specific aspects of your build.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.