3 separate failures to interrupt on Hypergate.

Janglor

Three separate incidents of failure to interrupt in hyper-gate 8on8 regs.

-The first time occurred on my jugg in 60 regs, a sage came up to cap on Hypergate and i jumped to her about halfway through the cap, launched ravage and landed 3 hits but it still allowed her to cap, i chalked it to lag cause i wasnt watching her health to see if the hits were landing in real time.

-The 2nd time was this weekend, on my 59 hatred FoTm Sin, I got on the guardian immediately as they began capping, had all my dots ticking and his health was dropping, no lag on my side or any weird server lag, yet i still failed to interrupt. It was so bad the guard even said in spatial chat "lol how did it let me do that?"

3rd time was about 10 minutes ago in tier 2 regs on my sin again, I was node guarding, a guy came up, i stun, he uses break and begins to cap. I came out with spike, put creeping terror/dark charge/demolish on him and he caps through the dots of all three, no lag, no one else around and I began hitting him the moment he began capping. Thats 6 seconds of damage and supposed interrupt that failed.

What is going on? Ive seen several other forum threads regarding this issue, but damn. This is pretty game breaking.

Three separate incidents of failure to interrupt in hyper-gate 8on8 regs.

-The first time occurred on my jugg in 60 regs, a sage came up to cap on Hypergate and i jumped to her about halfway through the cap, launched ravage and landed 3 hits but it still allowed her to cap, i chalked it to lag cause i wasnt watching her health to see if the hits were landing in real time.

-The 2nd time was this weekend, on my 59 hatred FoTm Sin, I got on the guardian immediately as they began capping, had all my dots ticking and his health was dropping, no lag on my side or any weird server lag, yet i still failed to interrupt. It was so bad the guard even said in spatial chat "lol how did it let me do that?"

3rd time was about 10 minutes ago in tier 2 regs on my sin again, I was node guarding, a guy came up, i stun, he uses break and begins to cap. I came out with spike, put creeping terror/dark charge/demolish on him and he caps through the dots of all three, no lag, no one else around and I began hitting him the moment he began capping. Thats 6 seconds of damage and supposed interrupt that failed.

What is going on? Ive seen several other forum threads regarding this issue, but damn. This is pretty game breaking.

Pro tip: DoTs don't interrupt caps.

On a similar note. Yesterday in a void star match, an enemy was unlocking the bridge, my aoe saber (shadow) swing failed to interrupt the capper. There were only 3 enemy players within strike range of that ability, so no reason it shouldn't have interrupted them:confused:. I thought it odd, but this post reminded me of that.

On a similar note. Yesterday in a void star match, an enemy was unlocking the bridge, my aoe saber (shadow) swing failed to interrupt the capper. There were only 3 enemy players within strike range of that ability, so no reason it shouldn't have interrupted them:confused:. I thought it odd, but this post reminded me of that.

It's very possible that the capper was blocked from your LoS by the panel. For AoE the center of the AoE at cast/tick time has to have LoS. I have had this happen with my AoE KB on my Merc/Mando. The guy I want to knock back is ever so slightly obscured by a rock or a box or something waist height and they stay put.

I have noticed since late last week that weird things have been happening in PVP events. Must of it I have coughed up to some badly needed server maintenance.

Some of the things I have seen ...

People all but instant killed in max level gear.

People hard to target.

Pulls not working on intended target.

Slow animation response. (Attack a target and the attack animation and hit occurs 2-3 seconds later)

And then of course there are the issues with UI. Do a 8 vs 8 match and you have people with three rows of buffs and debuffs going on and it seems like the game runs like molasses for everybody.

Quite frankly, I am glad today is maintenance day. The servers truly need it. On the down side it is also patch day which means things could quite literally get worse.

I also have noticed couple events like this - either on door or pylon ppl wasn't interrupted by direct dmg.

Once it was so bad, that the guy died and still wasn't interrupted, we lost pylon 1sec after he was already dead, I've noticed that his corpse still had the channel bar visible on it.

Let's just hope it gets fixed with todays maintance.

I also have noticed couple events like this - either on door or pylon ppl wasn't interrupted by direct dmg.

Once it was so bad, that the guy died and still wasn't interrupted, we lost pylon 1sec after he was already dead, I've noticed that his corpse still had the channel bar visible on it.

Actually had this happen to me a few days ago. I was popping a door, I took a direct damage hit (not a DOT), and kept right on popping the door. The player actually had to hit me a second time for the pop to break.

Honestly guys, you cant just play the lag card to all of these every time someone bring them up without some context, its a copout or a coverup to just say lag. Noone is playing this or any online game with a lag of 2 or more seconds... that just isnt happening.

If i can hit and see EVERYONE else moving and have a sub 50 ms ping to the server.. clearly im not lagged, this means the only logical answer is that they are. And yet, if they are able to click on the objective they cant really be that lagged either most of the time as the click and cap wouldn't start or would be delayed long enough for someone to see them there. and shoot them and if they were lagged in both direction the cap would still be stopped. And these same people once the cap is there turn and hit you to stop the defuse.. it kinda eliminates the excessive lag argument.

so... why doesnt it work that way? The only answer is variable lag on the in and outbound communication on their side.. which is typically indicative of a lag switch hack/exploit. this is one of the oldest lame tricks in online gaming, and to think it isnt happening here is foolish.

now, this is not always the case.. sometimes, stuff just happens... i will never call out anyone i see this happen on once... but when i see it happening with the same people or the same guild repeatedly, i dont buy the lag argument.

flame away if you wish...

I had this happen to me last night for the first time.

I was at the door when the capped started capping. I fired shoulder canon into him twice and it still appeared he was capping. I also used gut on him and that didnt appear to work.

After what appeared that he had successfully capped as the casting bar had completed, I got a client update and the door was not bombed and he was starting a new attempt. I also experienced ability lag around the same time.

I think it is server side lag that's causing this issue.

Yeah I saw this yesterday... Lol... So the maintenance didn't work

Yeah because losing out on a 700+ main stat/power proc is totally worth occasionally stopping a cap.

If you're a node guard using DoT then its absolutely a good idea.

Equip proc damge relics and let them rage as they get their channels broken while you're cc'ed or dead.

Of course this assumes you have a choice of having either relics available.

If you sold the old PVP relics you can't do it. The only proc relics still buyable are PVE/OWPVP only.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.