Lack of things to do at lvl 60, vs. what we had to do at lvl 55 pre-3.0

Heat-Wave

I recently got my 12th toon to lvl 60 and I've noticed something... Once a toon hits lvl 60, I find little more to "work on" for him or her.

Prior to the launch of 3.0, I had plenty of lvl 55 toons, but I had lots to do on them.

Lvl 55 HM FP earned 10 ultimate comms per day via GF, as well as dropping decent gear for use by companions or alts. We also had a good selection of lvl 55 HM FP to pick from.

Lvl 50 HM FP earned basics which were useful for ISO5 as well as lessor used companions and gear for fresh 55 alts.

Lvl 55 Tacticals earned elite comms, which were useful to gear companions (all I ever used Elites for was companions). There were also enough different tacticals to keep it interesting. Doing CZ-198 tacticals would tag the weekly for example.

Lvl 55 ops? We had S&V, TFB, DF, DP, TC and that kept it interesting... lots and lots of ultimate to be earned from doing GF runs.

I don't remember the total count, but there were 7ish Taticals, 7ish HM 50, 7ish HM 55, and 5 Ops 55.

There were 25 or so things to run at lvl 55.

Today, we have 4 HM 60 FP that we've all JUST run over and over as taticals, we have 2 new tacticals that we've also just run over and over on Rishi, and 2 new ops.

So that is 8 things to do. So the number of things to do has been cut by two thirds, and of those 8 things, 6 of them are worn out content that was all FRESHLY DONE by almost everyone in either 12x XP pre-3.0 or just after launch when getting ready for SoR.

If we had a lvl 60 HM version of Red Reaper, or Battle of Ilum, etc. that would have made those more interesting.

But wait, it gets worse, the rewards are nerfed. Running lvl 55 HM FP used to award 10 ultimate comms, now they award 16 elits. Put it back to 10 ultimate comms and I'll be more interested.

So we are left with 2 new lvl 60 ops. Ok, these are brand new... also want a min of 186 gear, which I have... I haven't done either, my guild reports that with a group of 16 people in all 186 comm gear, they are rough... Reminds me of trying TFB back when I was in 156 gear. :)

As it stands, I have a dozen toons at lvl 60 with nothing left to do. I don't want to run the lvl 60 HM FP, I'm sick of those 4, I don't want to run the 2 taticals anymore, and I don't feel geared enough to run the ops without it being a wipe fest.

Prior to the launch of 3.0, I had plenty to do at lvl 55, now I have almost nothing to do at lvl 60. This was poorly planned IMHO.

I can stand behind these general comments in that yes once you hit 60 its like ok what is there to do. I have yet to leave Rishi once before hitting 60 on the 13 of 17 characters I have. Now with the changes coming to how we get ultimate commendations the causal players will be slowed down greatly and those in guilds will slow some but as one my guild mates said who cares the ultimate gear in the game sucks. Sorry but you can't pay me to go back and pug NiM DF and DP for ultimate commendations and pugging the two new operations for ultimate not happening either. Basically unless they raise the level of TFB and S&V again, and bring TC DF and DP to level 60 as well those 5 raids will sit next to EV, KP and EC as abandoned content rarely done accept for achievements.

While they say they are making at least two of the new operation bosses easier, they are still considerably bugged content that is luck sometimes to pass. I know on the cross boss everyone could be standing where they need to be on there screens but from other peoples screens they are standing in the wrong spot. That to me seems like a sync issue (left side). This also leaves questions as to what basic commendations are good for now? I started gearing up my companions in all basic gear now that basic commendations fall like candy and prior you could buy isotope-5s or other things as well. Now with the new companion lockbox's its like great why run content anymore for those commendations. (Geared out 7 companions since early release with basic commendations on just my main),

Edited by Zohkar

The 2.0 patch cycle had quite a lot to do by the end of it, versus the start where there wasn't too much. At the start of the 2.0 patch cycle there were four 55 HM flashpoints, 1 new operation (TFB was elevated from 50 to 55), and 1 new daily area. At the start of the 3.0 patch cycle there are four 60 HM flashpoints, 2 tactical flashpoints, 2 operations, and 2 new daily areas. Over the 2.0 patch cycle we got 2 new daily areas, 2 more 55 HM flashpoints, 7 tactical flashpoints, and 2 more operations. When the 3.0 patch cycle comes to a close, then we can compare the 2.0 & 3.0 patch cycles. There isn't much for 60s to do right now because the patch cycle is just starting with 3.0.2 tomorrow. Edited by Sangiban

Oh this is too funny.

2.0 lifespan was from April 2013-December 2014. I wonder why there was more content, maybe it was because there was over a year of updates?

If you are expecting a ton of content after a major expansion come back a few months before the next one you obviously don't know how MMOs work, I assume you were expecting 6 HM and 6 tacitcal flashpoints, 4 Operations, two bonus questlines, and 5 sets of gear at the start of 3.0 though right?

Edited by LegoUniverseBC

Oh this is too funny.

2.0 lifespan was from April 2013-December 2014. I wonder why there was more content, maybe it was because there was over a year of updates?

If you are expecting a ton of content after a major expansion come back a few months before the next one you obviously don't know how MMOs work, I assume you were expecting 6 HM and 6 tacitcal flashpoints, 4 Operations, two bonus questlines, and 5 sets of gear at the start of 3.0 though right?

I think the main issue is its to damn easy to get to 60 from 55. It only takes about 3 1/2 hours which means the content is giving out way to much experience. Even when Makeb released you still had to go do other content to get to 55. If your getting off Rishi and not 60 yet you did something wrong.

I think the main issue is its to damn easy to get to 60 from 55. It only takes about 3 1/2 hours which means the content is giving out way to much experience. Even when Makeb released you still had to go do other content to get to 55. If your getting off Rishi and not 60 yet you did something wrong.

I agree. I finished SOR in one night. The Macrobinoculars and Seeker droid missions were fantastic in 2.0 and provided many hours of extra content. I wish they added those again.

So you're comparing the end of one expansion to the beginning of another.

I'm saying that I had more to do two months ago than I do today...

All other issues aside, that is not an improvement...

Does Bioware want to keep people around, or give them reasons to go try other games? Less is not more.

I'm saying that I had more to do two months ago than I do today...

All other issues aside, that is not an improvement...

Does Bioware want to keep people around, or give them reasons to go try other games? Less is not more.

You've never played an MMO have you? An expansion IS NOT suppose to have all the content you had two months ago. You get more content through updates. If you don't like this then leave.

Oh this is too funny.

I'm expecting to have at least as much to do today as I did 2 months ago.

I had 25+ things to queue for two months ago. Today I have 8. That is not an upgrade.

The simple solution, and yes I know it isn't just a script file edit, would have been to raise 4 of the lvl 50 HM FP to 60 and raise 2 of the tatical FP to 60 (at least KDY if nothing else). Also, the three old lvl 50 ops need a raise to 60, no one is doing them at lvl 50 and they have been totally pointless for a long time.

It is a lot LESS work to upgrade lvl 50 HM FP to 60 than to create all new content. It would give us something to do.

You've never played an MMO have you? An expansion IS NOT suppose to have all the content you had two months ago. You get more content through updates. If you don't like this then leave.

And what I'm saying is that is a broken old idea that needs to die.

Why would you wish to support such outdated thinking?

When you make an expansion to a game, it should be more, not less. The fact that lvl 55 HM FP aren't even in GF is a huge oversight, we always had the lvl 50 HM FP in GF in 2.0.

Already so many toon's at 60...?!

That is why I don't rush it following an x-pac. Its the same with other mmo's on the market today. X-pac only gives so much, before its further updates/stages are implemented. Its just the way it is nowadays imo. Best to accept it for now.

P.S

It has only been just over a month since the x-pac went 'live' for all. Patience young padawan :)

And what I'm saying is that is a broken old idea that needs to die.

Why would you wish to support such outdated thinking?

When you make an expansion to a game, it should be more, not less. The fact that lvl 55 HM FP aren't even in GF is a huge oversight, we always had the lvl 50 HM FP in GF in 2.0.

You were one of those people whining about how this game didn't have as much to do at launch as WoW did after seven years of updates, weren't you? You're oblivious that you expect an expansion that's been out for a month, where at least a week the Bioware staff was out on holidays, to an expansion that had been updated for over a year and a half.

You were one of those people whining about how this game didn't have as much to do at launch as WoW did after seven years of updates, weren't you?

No, and if that is what you think, then you simply don't understand my post at all.

You're oblivious that you expect an expansion that's been out for a month, where at least a week the Bioware staff was out on holidays, to an expansion that had been updated for over a year and a half.

You really don't understand.

This is not a NEW game, it is a 3 year old game. I don't expect tons of new level 60 content, but what I DO expect is that I have at least as much to do after 3.0 as I did before.

The lack of 55 HM in the GF is a perfect example. Pre-3.0 had 50 HM in GF, so it stands to reason that we should have had 55 HM in GF.

I had 25+ things to GF queue for two months ago, now i have 8.

If the goal is to keep long term subs, that is NOT how to do it. Sure, I can go away for a few months and check back in the summer and see what is new, but that doesn't make for a very stable MMO, now does it?

Frankly, all it would have taken to avoid this is to leave 55 HM in the GF and give basic comms for it, have 60 HM FP give 8 or 10 ultimates (as 55 HM did pre-3.0), and upgrade 4 of the old 50 HM FP to 60 HM.

That would have been enough and made me feel like I had some choices and things to do. As it stands, they are making it WORSE by removing comms from 55 Ops, which I've done some of the past month, to keep busy. Now there is no reason to run those at all. I've done them all dozens of times, the comms were the only reason left to run them.

So... with my lvl 60 toons, what do I do?

Answer: Nothing

You've never played an MMO have you? An expansion IS NOT suppose to have all the content you had two months ago. You get more content through updates.

Actually most the MMOs I have played when they add a expansion its a expansion... EverQuest, EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft. Those games expansions added tons of new content from the start where as lately it seems one-two new areas (small-medium) re-hashed content just new mechanics and re-textured gear in some cases. EveryQuest did there expansions on a yearly bases like Swtor does, and WoW was every two years. And yes Swtor model is reducing new content thru updates over the year, but still continue to have some of the same bugs and issues since release 3 years ago.

The lack of 55 HM in the GF is a perfect example. Pre-3.0 had 50 HM in GF, so it stands to reason that we should have had 55 HM in GF.

And tomorrow, we will have 55 HM in GF. This was in the patch notes.

Patch Notes

• The Hard Mode Flashpoints (Level 50) category has been renamed to Hard Mode Flashpoints (Classic).
  • Players can now queue for the Level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints at Level 60 through the Hard Mode Flashpoint (Classic) category.
  • The Level 55 Tactical Flashpoints can be queued for through Level 60 in the Tactical Flashpoint category.
  • Added Yavin 4 (Daily) to Planetary Destinations at Level 60.

They confirmed this weeks ago. All the old 55 tacticals and HMs would be available again. Maybe not the level 50 HMs but that's understandable. The 55 stuff is being added back. You seem to have already seen the patch notes so you should have known this to begin with. I agree with your general idea but I can't be angry or upset or whatever when I know they're fixing it in like 12 hours.

The Macrobinoculars and Seeker droid missions were fantastic in 2.0 and provided many hours of extra content. I wish they added those again.

This was pretty much what stuck out at me the most as well. Rise of the Hutt Cartel had a surprise (for me at least, not sure if it was ever mentioned anywhere before release) set of new content options thrown in on the side of the main set of new content by including the macrobinocular and seeker droid quest lines (which toured us back through a bunch of old planets again) as well as the GSI dailies (on Makeb and three of the old planets). Shadow of Revan's new content seems much more self-contained by comparison. We have the story and dailies on the two new planets of course, but that's it. It just would have been nice to see something new on a few old planets as well. (Whether that means new GSI stuff or something based around some other new element.)

If you recently got your 12th toon to 60, I think the lack of things to do could easily be supplemented with crazy ideas like going outside.

I did 55-60 on characters 7 & 8 (then power/internet went out), next day characters 9, 10 & 11 and finally the next day 12 & 13. Total time to level those 7 characters was 24 1/2 hours last week. This week I'll work on characters 14,15,16 & 17 from 55 to 60 then have to start fresh with more characters. As far as going outside its -15 degrees, I think I would prefer not to lose anything to the elements during winter. With the changes coming tomorrow one of the things I love about MMO's was raiding and at one point I was doing 25 SM raids a week across my alternate characters. Now with no carrot there is no reason for me to keep raiding which means I'll slowly look for another game to fill that void.

And tomorrow, we will have 55 HM in GF. This was in the patch notes.

Patch Notes

They confirmed this weeks ago. All the old 55 tacticals and HMs would be available again. Maybe not the level 50 HMs but that's understandable. The 55 stuff is being added back. You seem to have already seen the patch notes so you should have known this to begin with. I agree with your general idea but I can't be angry or upset or whatever when I know they're fixing it in like 12 hours.

Yeah... But DO they worth to run it now?

Hell no.

Nah-ah.

Nope.

Not a chance.

Damn, even 55 chars will not run'em now. Becouse it's not worth it.

Edited by Kingsbount

I did 55-60 on characters 7 & 8 (then power/internet went out), next day characters 9, 10 & 11 and finally the next day 12 & 13. Total time to level those 7 characters was 24 1/2 hours last week. This week I'll work on characters 14,15,16 & 17 from 55 to 60 then have to start fresh with more characters. As far as going outside its -15 degrees, I think I would prefer not to lose anything to the elements during winter. With the changes coming tomorrow one of the things I love about MMO's was raiding and at one point I was doing 25 SM raids a week across my alternate characters. Now with no carrot there is no reason for me to keep raiding which means I'll slowly look for another game to fill that void.

Oh my god you're serious.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.