The rude gesture... What does it mean?

jeffersson

So...

/rude

That's how you emote a rude gesture.

We all understand that it's supposed to be something that is considered rude by all spicies, all planets, cause it's the same gesture regardless of if you are being rude as a Human, Chiss, Sith, Twi'Lek, etc...

If you are uncertain as to how it looks, here's Minxy, demonstrating the gesture. (Warning: explict gesture)

Totally rude. We all get that, right?

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Best explanation wins a prize. :)

My fertile imagination dictates you're extending your character's medium finger. Alas, both Sith Intelligence and the SiS find such behavior distasteful, and unfitting the Republic and Imperial paradigm.

Hence, through a combination of millennia-old alchemy and sorcery / force-imbued LS of the Force mumbo jumbo, the Force itself censors such rude gesture and you get what you see instead.

THE. END.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

My fertile imagination dictates you're extending your character's medium finger. Alas, both Sith Intelligence and the SiS find such behavior distasteful, and unfitting the Republic and Imperial paradigm.

Hence, through a combination of millennia-old alchemy and sorcery / force-imbued LS of the Force mumbo jumbo, the Force itself censors such rude gesture and you get what you see instead.

THE. END.

*slow clap*

I think we have a winner :D

Must be like that weird elbow-thrust gesture Latka made on Taxi that is some kind of dire insult in his language. (Latka made the gesture at Louie, Danny DeVito's character, who responded by biting his thumb at him. Latka just went "apology accepted" and walked off.)

My BH is certain it means "You can only live because I deem you unworthy of killing."

Smug insists "Get rolled over by a Hutt."

The Jedi disagree over "Get squished by rocks" and "keep spinning, moron"

Agent's too confused by newfangled slang and sticks with the classic /threaten

Trooper is trying n to teach Forex to roll up into a ball and knock the enemy down. It isn't doing well since he just sits around shouting "Down, Imp Scum! For the Republic!"

The Sith are in a rare moment of agreement that it meant something with real meaning in the ancient days of Tulak Hord and Lord Kallig, but the old meaning has been lost and replaced by a general eff-bomb translation.

Me? I'm amused by the Wicked Darth's translation.

It's just EA/BIOWARE being cowards and using common hand gesturing in place of an actually recognized rude gesture because they don't want to hear from the PTA, concerned parents and other whiners about the rude gestures their kids are being exposed to in a game.

"It's alright that our children are marauding their way through the galaxy, ending the lives of hapless beings everywhere, just don't expose our kids to such rude gestures." It that it? Eh?

Yeah. EA/BW are just cowardly. When I first executed the /rude emote, I expected this

. Edited by WorldSmasher

Index Finger and Opposable Thumb in a "C" shape apparently is the SW Galaxy middle-finger.

Who knew?:rolleyes:

Not many would get it. Someone actually asked what GFYS means. Then asked if it was a insult. I couldn't stop laughing.

Many good suggestions!

My current favourites are probably "I hope you roll up some dough to make bread and then drop it." by TheSeventhJedi, or one of LyraineAlei's suggestions like "Get rolled over by a Hutt." or "Keep spinning, moron."

Oh, and I also like the classic touch in "I will bite my thumb at them, which is a disgrace to them, if they bear it." by Headcannon/DarthDymond/Shakespear.

I'm going to leave it open for a while yet though and then I'll pick a winner, track down a character of that players choise and hand over a suitable price.

Depends a little on what's available in the CC store, but something nice. :)

"Okay, so it's not your fault that your class got nerfed, it's not your fault that the expansion turned all your gear worthless and it's not your fault that you died so many times on bugged quests, HOWEVER, your inability to form coherent sentences or behave properly to your fellow players is to blame on your clearly inferior intelligence levels which, in addition to the aforementioned narcicistic and elitist traits, has also caused you to lose sight of anything remotely decent....I'll sum it up nice and easy: Being an idiot is on YOU, not the rest of the world."

"Okay, so it's not your fault that your class got nerfed, it's not your fault that the expansion turned all your gear worthless and it's not your fault that you died so many times on bugged quests, HOWEVER, your inability to form coherent sentences or behave properly to your fellow players is to blame on your clearly inferior intelligence levels which, in addition to the aforementioned narcicistic and elitist traits, has also caused you to lose sight of anything remotely decent....I'll sum it up nice and easy: Being an idiot is on YOU, not the rest of the world."

Wish there was a like button here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.