Imp vs Pub

maxsauce

Hey all, I am returning to the game after a few years break and I'm stuck on which faction to roll. I mainly like to PvP but I do enjoy PvE as well. How are the queues for each side? In PvE I prefer to heal and in PvP I like to dps/heal.

Unless if you're going for High-end PVP or PVE both sides are pretty much the same in terms of skill/population.

Regular WZs go either way depending on which side has premades q'ing. If you're looking for group ranked, it seems imp side has more teams actively q'ing at the moment while pub side dominated solo ranked WZs last season.

I see groups for sm ops and FPs being made fairly regularly on both sides. If you're looking for more challenging end-game PVE content, pub side has the stronger 16-man guilds while imp side is leading in 8-man progression.

Either way, I don't think theres a wrong choice, Imp/Pub sides aren't as lopsided as they used to be. Hope that helped.

Play both. There are several guilds that offer both factions, in terms of leveling and even end-game play. Including ours, hehe. The richness of the story in leveling multiple characters here in SWTOR is pretty obvious, anyway. Don't shortchange yourself by limiting your gameplay.

And when all's said and done, it's worth finding a home for your end-game characters that can offer you that sort of experience, too. So my Operative is busily healing and my Scoundrel is busily healing -- heck, with legacy gear they don't even need to fight over loots.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.