How do I report cheaters in PvP?

BattleFries

I just encountered a PvP match where at least two opposing players were doing something that should not be possible in the game (I will not say what so that no one else tries it). If I have proof, how do I go about reporting it?

Open up a ticket on each players name. Give specifics about it, time, when it happened, date, etc...The more info the better. Or just call Customer Support if it was bad enough. You really don't have to have proof, BW will look into it. Especially if more people than just you saw it & reported them.

I'm not aware of one instance where BW asked for proof from a player about another player.

Ignore the people on here saying they need proof as you're not asking if they were cheating. lolz

• 3 weeks later...

I highly doubt much is done against cheaters. They were able to figure out who was using the rav exploit, but can't figure out a way to stop players from using cheat engine etc? If a cheater is only pissing off a few players I think they get a pass... But if they're cheating and getting massive amounts of credits or gear, then dev will step in and do something.

They can figure out who used an exploit, but can't figure out a way of tracking a player taking damage, but not losing health - or doing an insane amount of damage that should be impossible for a player to do?

Maybe I'm wrong and they do take action against players using cheat engine or other things like that. They never mention it though, so I think they don't give a ****.

I highly doubt much is done against cheaters. They were able to figure out who was using the rav exploit, but can't figure out a way to stop players from using cheat engine etc? If a cheater is only pissing off a few players I think they get a pass... But if they're cheating and getting massive amounts of credits or gear, then dev will step in and do something.

They can figure out who used an exploit, but can't figure out a way of tracking a player taking damage, but not losing health - or doing an insane amount of damage that should be impossible for a player to do?

Maybe I'm wrong and they do take action against players using cheat engine or other things like that. They never mention it though, so I think they don't give a ****.

Their policy is to not talk about action. What do you expect them to make a post every time they ban someone?

The most likely reason you don't see much form BW concerning cheating is that there just aren't that many cheaters. I rarely see anything odd in matches and most times it can be chalked up to lag/ability delay. I'm sure sometimes I benefit from it and don't even know it.

Their policy is to not talk about action. What do you expect them to make a post every time they ban someone?

The most likely reason you don't see much form BW concerning cheating is that there just aren't that many cheaters. I rarely see anything odd in matches and most times it can be chalked up to lag/ability delay. I'm sure sometimes I benefit from it and don't even know it.

I would like to 2nd this post.

I'd also like to add "you'd be surprised what can be done by other classes in this game......working as intended....and you don't know about it".

I learn new stuff all the time about classes I don't play much, or at all. Sooo many times I've seen people say "they were hacking" only to find out they were ignorant of another classes mechanics/abilities.

But pretty much what Capt said. :)

Says the person from HVND...LoL

Edited by Icykill_

Are you insinuating that we have hackers?

Of course not... Just saying that as a PVP guild ... It would be funny if you did benefit from lag spikes often... I'm pretty sure even if you played against cheats it would be point less for them as most cheats are useless players anyway

most cheats are useless players anyway

True, but that Huttball speedhack only requires pushing 'w' and maybe space.

It's kind of funny in a way, because to pull that in wzs you have to really not give a ****, and we already know that BW doesn't give a ****. Sometimes I feel like I'm paying a sub just to see who gives less of a ****.

Of course not... Just saying that as a PVP guild ... It would be funny if you did benefit from lag spikes often... I'm pretty sure even if you played against cheats it would be point less for them as most cheats are useless players anyway

You're post makes no sense. I know you are convinced everyone that beats you is a cheater but he truth is there is very little cheating in this game.

You're post makes no sense. I know you are convinced everyone that beats you is a cheater but he truth is there is very little cheating in this game.

Not sure how you got that from my post... I know there are better players and teams than myself... They do not cheat... But there are people who do... Usually bad players or trolls... They are beatable most of the time if you have a good team who at least knows tactics... My gripe is that if you have a mediocre team who doesn't know some tactics and you are against one or more cheaters, then your mediocre team doesn't stand a chance... It doesn't matter how good I am personally... I would prefer to get beaten by a good premade thean by someone cheating... At least playing better players helps people learn... Playing cheats doesn't

I've played several hundred hours of PvP in this game, and I have yet to see a single certified case of hacking. I have however seen about 1,000 certified examples of bad players being MadCuzBad and accusing people of hacking instead of admitting they got roflstomped by a superior team/composition/player.

I've played several hundred hours of PvP in this game, and I have yet to see a single certified case of hacking. I have however seen about 1,000 certified examples of bad players being MadCuzBad and accusing people of hacking instead of admitting they got roflstomped by a superior team/composition/player.

How would you get a cheat certified?? (I don't use the word hack as it isn't always a hack)... Would you need Bio to make an official announcement??

Even the most sceptical people on these forums who usually make arguments that it isn't hacking... Admit that there are some cheats and it is possible in this game... The fact that you have never seen it or can't identify it yourself does not mean it isn't happening

In saying that, I have also seen a lot of examples of people calling hacks because they don't know the mechanics of other classes or tactics... Quite a lot of hack reports are false... I try to educate people who call hacks and it isn't, instead of abusing them in chat as bad players... You'd be surprised how quickly they come around...

My history with reporting ...

I have seen some crazy things in warzones. I have seen people in places they shouldn't be because the game barriers weren't designed right or didn't take into account changes to player skills and those players then exploit the location.

I have seen players use skills their class shouldn't even have.

And I have seen players mysteriously do things that make them untargetable.

The problem is, even with video, it is very hard to prove your case. In the first issue above, the player in question could argue they didn't intend to be where they were at. The map is broken and they got knocked there. At that point they got stuck and simply continued to play in the stuck position. They can then argue it is a one time occurance and BW will give them a pass unless there are multiple examples of them using the exploit.

The second one is all but impossible to prove because of your limited camera POV. The player can argue that the damage or CC was done by another player in the area. Unless BW records every action of every player in game, this simply doesn't seem like they would take it on.

As for the third, did the player do something or were you the victim of lag or equipment malfunction? That is all but impossible to prove as many of the causes of this could be beyond BW's control.

The reality is, unless a number of people in the same match report the issue, I really don't see the Devs doing much about it. I have made cheating reports in the past, but the level of detail you need to give them in order to be of much help is beyond what you can give. When did it occur? Which warzone match (multiple matches possible at the same time on the same server). Name of player(s) involved? When in the match did it occur? Approximately what time during the match? And most importantly give the full details of the incident. By the time you write notes on all of that, the match is long over or you got kicked from it for being unresponsive.

so unless you can get your teammates to agree they also believe cheating occured and submit a ticket on it, odds are the Devs will acknowledge your ticket, but honestly, I don't think they will do much beyond that.

Well, now you can say you saw 3 (three).

Those who cheat are few in number, but it does exist. Yes report it always. Let's keep the game fair, clean, and free from cheaters.

:ph_thank_you:

Well, now you can say you saw 3 (three).

Those who cheat are few in number, but it does exist. Yes report it always. Let's keep the game fair, clean, and free from cheaters.

:ph_thank_you:

So you post 2 speedhacks, that we have already confirmed exists and is blatantly obvious when and if it happens and one clip about 2 years ago when the barriers wasnt done properly.

They patched it also about 2 years ago so that cant happen anymore.

Was this all your proof of all the resolve bar hacks, teleports, the lagswitch "hax", stat hacks or whatever you people claim exist? Feels a bit thin to me honestly

Edited by Nightkin

Not sure how you got that from my post... I know there are better players and teams than myself... They do not cheat... But there are people who do... Usually bad players or trolls... They are beatable most of the time if you have a good team who at least knows tactics... My gripe is that if you have a mediocre team who doesn't know some tactics and you are against one or more cheaters, then your mediocre team doesn't stand a chance... It doesn't matter how good I am personally... I would prefer to get beaten by a good premade thean by someone cheating... At least playing better players helps people learn... Playing cheats doesn't

Be cause anytime anyone posts anything in any thread you always chime in and make a mention of people hacking or lag switching. I PvP for a few hours every day for the past 3 years and I have only seen one or two people speed hacking, one of them being the infamous Gingerz. It's a non-issue in this game. It's just not very prevalent. I never see people teleport or see speed hacks anymore.

It's an extremely rare problem and it doesn't need it's own thread and you don't need to bring it up all the time.

Be cause anytime anyone posts anything in any thread you always chime in and make a mention of people hacking or lag switching. I PvP for a few hours every day for the past 3 years and I have only seen one or two people speed hacking, one of them being the infamous Gingerz. It's a non-issue in this game. It's just not very prevalent. I never see people teleport or see speed hacks anymore.

It's an extremely rare problem and it doesn't need it's own thread and you don't need to bring it up all the time.

And you always seem to be there too on the opposing side saying it doesn't happen... You are either extremely lucky you don't see them... Blind to the fact that it happens... Or possibly have some vested interest in always playing it down...

There are more cheats in this game than speed hacking... I saw an operative at LVL16 using roll repeatedly in Hutt Ball the other day and even a teleport from one platform to another which got him stuck in the bottom of the platform pillar... He then glitches for 5 secs and teleported to the line... He was on my team... Everyone in the match saw it and questioned him about it... He quickly quite the match and logged off the game... Most of the team supposedly reported him and I'm sure people on the other team did too... This is obvioulsy extreme cheating and he obvioulsy changed his settings too much so it stood out... Most cheats don't change the settings as much... Just a little to give them an edge... Which makes them more difficult to detect by Bio...

Denying it is happening all the time makes you look foolish... Especially when so many people see it

I saw an operative at LVL16 using roll repeatedly in Hutt Ball the other day and even a teleport from one platform to another which got him stuck in the bottom of the platform pillar... He then glitches for 5 secs and teleported to the line
This sounds like a L2P on your part and the world famous glitching in character display that often happens when you move faster then normal between levels/height differences in Huttball.

I would love to have seen a video of this, just so we once and for all can write you off as a paranoid nobody who managed to scare half the community into believing that almost everyone cheats in this game.

Just listen to yourself in that last response - "have some vested interest in always playing it down..." dot dot dot, sneaky suspicions, chemtrail fanatic, Obamas wife is a man etc. I hope you realise this is what you sound like to most of us who have seen you post for the past few months.

Its always some "im a IT guru, i know stuff....secret areas of the internet....black ops, you are all unaware of the mass of cheats thats going on, i cant tell anyone exactly whats happening, cause it would invite more hackers...but its there, i know it!"

Anyway, sorry for messing with you but its all starting to sound a bit hysteric

And you always seem to be there too on the opposing side saying it doesn't happen... You are either extremely lucky you don't see them... Blind to the fact that it happens... Or possibly have some vested interest in always playing it down...

There are more cheats in this game than speed hacking... I saw an operative at LVL16 using roll repeatedly in Hutt Ball the other day and even a teleport from one platform to another which got him stuck in the bottom of the platform pillar... He then glitches for 5 secs and teleported to the line... He was on my team... Everyone in the match saw it and questioned him about it... He quickly quite the match and logged off the game... Most of the team supposedly reported him and I'm sure people on the other team did too... This is obvioulsy extreme cheating and he obvioulsy changed his settings too much so it stood out... Most cheats don't change the settings as much... Just a little to give them an edge... Which makes them more difficult to detect by Bio...

Denying it is happening all the time makes you look foolish... Especially when so many people see it

9 times out 10 the people that claim to see it have no idea what they are talking about. I've played in games against multiple Carnage Maras and had people on my team complaining about speed hacks.

I play at least 10 to 15 WZ's (mostly ranked arenas these days) a day, more on the weekends and I used to play even more. It's been like this pretty consistently for the past 3 years and I have only seen Gingerz speed hacking. I've seen some people exploiting, the corner cap in NC, rolling into the door in VS but even those are rare (and sometimes possibly not even done intentionally). Hacks are rare and people like you that call everything a hack do nothing but confuse new players since now instead of learning other classes abilities they are content in calling everything a hack since people seem to agree with them.

9 times out 10 the people that claim to see it have no idea what they are talking about. I've played in games against multiple Carnage Maras and had people on my team complaining about speed hacks.

I play at least 10 to 15 WZ's (mostly ranked arenas these days) a day, more on the weekends and I used to play even more. It's been like this pretty consistently for the past 3 years and I have only seen Gingerz speed hacking. I've seen some people exploiting, the corner cap in NC, rolling into the door in VS but even those are rare (and sometimes possibly not even done intentionally). Hacks are rare and people like you that call everything a hack do nothing but confuse new players since now instead of learning other classes abilities they are content in calling everything a hack since people seem to agree with them.

I can assure you I do not call everything a hack... I'm the first one to educate people who don't know the difference from game mechanics and class abilities to cheats... I agree most people call hacks because they don't understand what is going on... I also don't say the word hack for cheats as there are lots of other ways to cheat... Hacking being the hardest and least likely... The problem is most people don't know the difference there either... So use the word hack to generalise any cheating

I do about double the pvp you do... I play about 30+ matches a day on all different classes and about 60+ on weekends... I also play ranked... I'm not a novice... I can tell what is what... I also know how the cheats actually work and if it wouldn't break the forum rules I could describe each one to you detail... Of course that would just make the amount of cheating worse...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.