So missions switch from normal to Heroic half-way through?

Feskitt

I'm a lvl 45 BH Merc. Enjoying the game a great deal. Working my way through a later lvl planet (Voss). Going through a 'dungeon gauntlet.'

I've had little problem w/ PvE, so long as I'm smart and prepared. Pretty much the only times I've ever died, is from those forced cut-scenes that end w/ you surrounded my 'Strongs' and 'Elites.'

I just met a supposed Elite boss that feels like fighting a World Boss (and I know, as I tried fighting 2 WBs). This Elite boss kills me in 2-3 hits. Jumps across the map. Stuns barely work. It seems as big as the Tantooine Rancor.

So either I've gone from being pretty damned good to sucking in a matter of minutes, or this boss is seriously unbalanced!!!

This is one of those things where it seems the enemy is the embodiment of an "I win!" move. Makes me question even continuing... knowing there's apparently no other way around it, in a 'theme-park' type game.

quick update: thought maybe it was glitched, so after re-logging, tried again. Nope. Still kills me in 3 hits.

By 'blowing my wad' and using every tool at my disposal, got it's life to 1/3. That's as close as I got.

sigh

If I can't continue the campaign with my BH because of this, and have no option but to re-roll (or look for a team just to beat this thing), I'm gonna seriously regret getting that sub.

ugh

Oh no I am going to have to group with ppl in an mmo.

/sigh

My words exactly. Perhaps it is deliberately impossible to beat alone? Perhaps they want the player to seek a group and socialize and not be a *** (Forever alone guy).

MMO described the number of people not a way of playing.

Forced grouping is a horrible thing to put into a game, it was one of the things that killed Aion.

Yes, because a guy coming across something at 45, only five levels from cap, that he needs a team-up in order to beat is comparable to a game that makes virtually everything a forced team-up.

It's a MMO, there's going to come times when you might have to team-up (though I find it fun to team-up anyways!)

Oh no I am going to have to group with ppl in an mmo.

/sigh

You should never be forced to group on normal quests...

But sure sit on a main quest then be forced to spam /1 for an hour or two hoping some random john doe is actually on your instanced planet and will help.

I know I sure as hell won't run around helping people for no reason.

You should never be forced to group on normal quests...

But sure sit on a main quest then be forced to spam /1 for an hour or two hoping some random john doe is actually on your instanced planet and will help.

I know I sure as hell won't run around helping people for no reason.

And that is what is wrong with todays average mmo player.

Why wouldnt you help someone out?

What is it about meeting new people you abhor so much yet you, assumption incoming, would be perfectly comfortable grouping with complete strangers in that other game.

Surely theeward is the interaction not thecolour of the loot? Or does noone do conversation any more?! r

It would be helpful to know which mob this was and which, if any, quest line it's tied to.

Last night I had a friend asking for help on a mob, he was convinced it was bugged and supposed to be a group mob - he couldn't get close to killing it despite being what I see as a great player and using every trick and utility at his disposal. I bet him I could solo it, which he strongly doubted, and while it was a *very* tough fight, I managed to due to my class (he was a tank/I'm a healer - huge difference in soloability).

If we knew what mob this was or during which quest it would be a lot more helpful.

Ironically, in that lone wilderness, a Sith Inquisitor helped me out. We were able to beat it; fortunately, it switched several times between us (both DPS), so neither of us died.

I'm used to getting paid for my services by the Sith. Looks like I'll pay them for this one! ;)

I didn't say what it was in the OP, to reduce spoilers. And now, being awake and playing for probably +16hrs, my brain is mush and I can't remember it's formal name...

One thing is certain (and as others mentioned) certain classes do better/worse against different enemies. I encountered other "regular" (non-boss) versions of this creature in the next map, and even the Elites are 'dangerous.' (against my build and play-style)

As others have also said, this was supposed to be a solo area... that's what irritated me; it almost demanded a group for my build. It was the last mission on that map.