CE Vendor/Pre-order crystal Vendor ideas

P-Chan

I submitted a ticket suggestion about this, told to post it here. I am going to put my ticket, almost verbatim, in here.

I am a Founding player, I bought the game as soon as I could after its release (I would have pre-ordered it, but the stores in my area weren't doing anymore pre-orders when I found out about this game). When I bought the game there was not a SINGLE Collector's Edition copy of it within 100 miles of me (Trust me, I looked, as I believe in buying collectors editions of EVERYTHING) so I got the Digital Deluxe upgrade as the next best thing, I wanted to play. So can we please do something for players like me (By like me I mean Founders with the Digital Deluxe, or just founders) Can you either give us access to the CE vendor (The VIP vendor is useless, The mount it sells is only mediocre and I am NOT spending 2.5 million on it) or give us access to the Pre-Order crystal vendor? If there were copies of the Collectors Edition still out there, I would buy it. However, last time I saw one was on EBAY for $5000, TOTALLY not worth it. Hell, I would even take a Cartel Market Unlock for each of them. 500 Cartel Coins sounds reasonable, thought I would potentially pay 1000 (if it unlocked for my entire legacy). I know, talking to people on my Fleet (Both Imp and Pub on Bastion) that people would like ANY of these ideas... Just saying.

I do think that this is something that wont affect the community in an adverse way anymore... you can already purchase a VIP band if you didn't at least get the Digi Deluxe version, and I haven't even SEEN anyone use the Pre-order crystals in YEARS, and I think the black core-Yellow color crystal is one of the best looks out there. This is just an idea, but I would REALLY like to see it implemented.

This sounds like a fantastic idea. I'd imagine 3 years of an exclusive item is a long enough period of time right? There's gotta be a reasonable cost that could be charged to players now to gain access to these rewards.

No, three years is not long enough. That's just my opinion, though. The CE didn't say anything about 'time limited exclusive.' It said 'exclusive.' I know it is petty and mean-spirited, but if everyone can buy it three years later, that's not a 'collector's edition.'

My opinion of a reasonable price would be charging the same cost as the original collector's edition.

Is there any other game where the exclusive collector's edition items are made available for general purchase after a certain time?

No, three years is not long enough. That's just my opinion, though. The CE didn't say anything about 'time limited exclusive.' It said 'exclusive.' I know it is petty and mean-spirited, but if everyone can buy it three years later, that's not a 'collector's edition.'

My opinion of a reasonable price would be charging the same cost as the original collector's edition.

Is there any other game where the exclusive collector's edition items are made available for general purchase after a certain time?

Ok, you say charge the original price, I'm ASSUMING your meaning minus the money I shelled out to buy the game. If they can give the game away, and subsequent xpacs (that I have also paid for when applicable) then why cant I pay $10 to upgrade my Digital Deluxe copy of the game to that of CE when I couldn't get the CE at launch? But like I said in my OP, I would pay for a copy of the CE if they still made them and released them. Also, paying the same price would not be reasonable, as if I am digitally upgrading to the CE, I am not getting the physical items that came with the original box set for the CE.

Honestly, I couldn't possibly care less if they offered some kind of digital upgrade to the offer access to the collector's edition, it doesn't really sell anything special at this point anyway, two ugly armor sets, some unimpressive companion customizations, 2 pets, and a handful of dyes, only one of which is actually any good.

Though, it should only be purchasable with money, like the digital deluxe upgrade, and not with cartel coins. I don't even care what the price is, it's really not worth whatever amount they charge, but if someone is willing to spend the money to buy the upgrade, whatever, let BioWare milk a few extra bucks out of them.

And for the record, I'm a Pre-Order C.E. Owner who's been playing since beta, so it's not like I'm advocating this to try to get my hands on the items for myself.

If you want the CE swag, get the CE box. Amazon has them listed now, $219.95 with 6 in stock.

I shouldnt have to pay $220 dollars to UPGRADE my account. I dont CARE if I get the physical items. It is 100% possible for BioWare to give us a Upgrade feature. That $220 is better spent on my child then buying a CE edition of a game I ALREADY own.

I shouldnt have to pay $220 dollars to UPGRADE my account. I dont CARE if I get the physical items. It is 100% possible for BioWare to give us a Upgrade feature. That $220 is better spent on my child then buying a CE edition of a game I ALREADY own.

*shrug* Okay, then don't. You said you want a digital upgrade because you couldn't get a CE, which is just not true. You just don't want to spend that much money on it.

*shrug* Okay, then don't. You said you want a digital upgrade because you couldn't get a CE, which is just not true. You just don't want to spend that much money on it.

When the game was released I couldnt, and the last time I saw one was $5000 on EBAY, BEFORE I had a kid. It doesnt make sense now to dump $220 on a game right now that I ALREADY own... I also said I dont need the physical items, which is why the box costs so damned much.

At the moment on Amazon.de, I see a used version for 60€, with the ownership of playing this account.

Another listed as unused for 120€ and another for 180€.

I *think* I pre-ordered the game for 150€ when it was released.

Well, 5000$ for the game, and even 120€ being way lower, I see why you don't want to pay that much for some virtual items (I think you said you don't care about the 'real' stuff).

However, some people did pay the money because of the ingame items and/or the 'real' stuff, and wouldn't it be cheating to them, if the ingame items could be cheaper attained now?

Well, I still feel cheated when I see the collectors edition for 120€ on Amazon right now!

Btw, what is the difference between digital deluxe and the CE Box concerning ingame items?

. I also said I dont need the physical items, which is why the box costs so damned much.

I wanted the in-game swag. The physical items are just collecting dust. So your opinion doesn't apply to everyone. Accordingly i want the in-game items to remain exclusive, that's what I paid for.

This is just not gonna happen. If they removed exclusivity from CE and pre-order, then no one would trust future "exclusives" to remain exclusive. You want some "exclusive?" Buy the DDE (I think it's still available) and get a security key (assuming you have a compatible phone). That gets you VIP access, security key vendor access and several pieces of virtual "swag."

how can you say that is is not true that he couldn't get a CE, were you there? did you love in his area? No, then shut up and shut up, and as for this post, i agree Bio-ware could easily institute something for either cartel or cash for the game, like thew digital deluxe, but even i wouldn't pay the 200+ for the CE on amazon, id rather do what P-chan said, spend it on my child, who is more important than a game. but either way i still agree with P-chan that they should do something.

This is just not gonna happen. If they removed exclusivity from CE and pre-order, then no one would trust future "exclusives" to remain exclusive. You want some "exclusive?" Buy the DDE (I think it's still available) and get a security key (assuming you have a compatible phone). That gets you VIP access, security key vendor access and several pieces of virtual "swag."

Hes not asking for everyone, just the people that either have the Digital deluxe or are founders of the game, and you can see who the founders are by their title. you cant just get that from everyday play. so even if its to the founders that didnt get the collectors it still would be something special.

You don't see people using the items from the CE any more anyways. They used it for a while when nobody else could and I'm sure it got stale. So we should keep the "exclusivity" just so other people can't use the items? That seems ridiculous. I've been purchasing CEs for different games for decades and I could give 2 ***** less if someone else does or doesn't have the exclusive items, especially after an extended period of time. Just my humble opinion.

I wanted the in-game swag. The physical items are just collecting dust. So your opinion doesn't apply to everyone. Accordingly i want the in-game items to remain exclusive, that's what I paid for.

And *I* am saying I am willing to PAY for the items... whats your point?!?

At the moment on Amazon.de, I see a used version for 60€, with the ownership of playing this account.

Another listed as unused for 120€ and another for 180€.

I *think* I pre-ordered the game for 150€ when it was released.

Well, 5000$ for the game, and even 120€ being way lower, I see why you don't want to pay that much for some virtual items (I think you said you don't care about the 'real' stuff).

However, some people did pay the money because of the ingame items and/or the 'real' stuff, and wouldn't it be cheating to them, if the ingame items could be cheaper attained now?

Well, I still feel cheated when I see the collectors edition for 120€ on Amazon right now!

Btw, what is the difference between digital deluxe and the CE Box concerning ingame items?

I wont buy a used copy of a game, the code has probably already been used (I dont want to take over another account, I have my own account and several max level characters on mine already). And I am willing to Pay for the items. (The CE Vendor has a different CC, a few Companion Customs, and I believe a mount) and the Pre-order (why they limit pre-orders I will never understand. Otherwise I would have pre-ordered) vendor gives you a Black Core Yellow Crystal. That said, I dont think I have even SEEN any of these items in nearly 2 years... (Digi-Deluxe and CE get basically all the same items, CE gets an extra mouse droid which I couldnt care less about, and they get the Vendor which is what I want to buy access too... if you dont have the CE, the VIP area is damn near next to absolutely useless as all it offers is a vendor that sells an ugly mount for 2.5 Million credits.)

I have the DDE. And if I am PAYING for these "exclusives" they are still "exclusives" as you had to pay for them as well. The only reason you would have gotten them 3 years ago as opposed to me is I got screwed in a bad situation. They only allowed limited pre-orders (I lived in Los Angeles at the time, and NO place was offering a pre-order once I found out about this game) and all the CEs were sold out, once the game was released, within a 100 mile radius, and they didnt offer a full Digi CE for those of us who couldnt get a physical copy...

how can you say that is is not true that he couldn't get a CE, were you there? did you love in his area? No, then shut up and shut up, and as for this post, i agree Bio-ware could easily institute something for either cartel or cash for the game, like thew digital deluxe, but even i wouldn't pay the 200+ for the CE on amazon, id rather do what P-chan said, spend it on my child, who is more important than a game. but either way i still agree with P-chan that they should do something.

Well, I'm pretty sure that BioWare didn't crank out more CE boxes in the months after launch when they were hemorrhaging subs. If there are CE boxes available today, and there are, it stands to reason they were left over from launch.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-Collectors-Bundle/dp/B005B8DRVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421053180&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+the+old+republic+collectors+edition

Linky for ya. Get 'em while they're hot. It was six the other day, now only five. And I want to say about $30 more than I paid for it when it was pre-order. Seems reasonable to me since they aren't making them anymore, as far as I know.

Well, I'm pretty sure that BioWare didn't crank out more CE boxes in the months after launch when they were hemorrhaging subs. If there are CE boxes available today, and there are, it stands to reason they were left over from launch.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-Collectors-Bundle/dp/B005B8DRVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421053180&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+the+old+republic+collectors+edition

Linky for ya. Get 'em while they're hot. It was six the other day, now only five. And I want to say about $30 more than I paid for it when it was pre-order. Seems reasonable to me since they aren't making them anymore, as far as I know.

Your right, they are leftover... from 50 states and, what, 12 countries?!? in MY AREA, they were sold out. And I am not about to drop $220 on something I ALREADY OWN, when I have higher priorities in my life (I.E. a 2 year old son) I mean, you realize your asking me to drop $220 on 2 items, a Vendor and a Vanity Droid. It would make LOADS more sense for Bioware to give me an option to digitally upgrade my account to a Digital Collectors Edition copy. Making it so I dont get the Physical Items that I dont need and have no place for, but they can still get my cash which is what they want in the end.

Don't want to spend that much, don't. I get it, you have other priorities. That said, you shouldn't expect them to hand out exclusive swag, just because it's been a few years. We CE owners are still here. You've shown you won't buy a CE box at the price point they sell at, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the thing is, I do buy CE box for games from publishers I really like, such as BioWare. If they start selling the exclusive CE content like you've suggested, why should I continue to buy them? I won't, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Don't want to spend that much, don't. I get it, you have other priorities. That said, you shouldn't expect them to hand out exclusive swag, just because it's been a few years. We CE owners are still here. You've shown you won't buy a CE box at the price point they sell at, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the thing is, I do buy CE box for games from publishers I really like, such as BioWare. If they start selling the exclusive CE content like you've suggested, why should I continue to buy them? I won't, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'm not asking them to HAND me anything kid. And yes, your exhaustive use of the retarded term of SWAG has earned you that name. I DO buy CE copies of games WHEN I CAN. I paid the roughly $70 dollars for the game at launch. So, basically, you are asking me to spend $300 on the CE. When you spent $180?!? And its not "exclusive" that word doesn't mean what you think it means. Bioware has full rights to offer a digital upgrade to the game that gives me the 2 DIGITAL items... and you will still be "Better" than me because you can LORD is over me that you still have that statue, art-book, journal, and music... OH... I forgot the map. I can tell you are Obviously American, and I would assume one of the newer generations, as when Gaming first came out, we didnt mind when games came out with things later that we didn't get at launch. Keep in mind, if they DID offer a CE upgrade option, (Digitally, don't want to hurt your original CE box feelings) it could potentially entice others who left the game, or are on the fence about playing the game to come to the game. Thus giving Bioware more money, generating the needed income to stabilize the game and keep the maintenance up to pre-FTP days. And For everyone's information, the ones fighting me on this, games come out ALL THE TIME with incentives for new players that either were "Exclusive" or weren't available to original players. Its called a Carrot. GW has done it (Both 1 and 2) WoW has done it, SWG did it. And SWTOR has done it... So please, PLEASE tell me how this stuff NEVER happens...

And by your reasoning, I should be upset at every FTP person who plays and has never had to purchase the game or expansions. And for everyone who has recently bought the DDE with my "Exclusive" items from that as well.

why pay for the game when you have it already, what he wants is the Digital items, its easy to add a upgrade for those items, plus if they do that that could get people to come back to the game, or even if they did it only for the Founders, it would still bring people back with them getting the money that they want. its not hard to do, Both Guild wars did it, Wow has done it, and Many other games have done it. i think this is an amazing idea, and i think it would bring people back to the game as subs instead of this stupid FTP crap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.