Cartel P2W Shop- Returning Player

Mawi

I want to reroll a new toon with all the class changes. I haven't played this game since maybe a month or two after launch. I hate leveling and grinding.

I take it there are no character boosts available like that instant 90 ability in WoW?

Also, the gear boxes on the cash shop, can I buy and use that gear as a new character and have it scale as I level? Are the gear and RNG boxes on the cash shop generally worthwhile?

Since I hate leveling, i will obviously be investing in the exp boosts.

I want to reroll a new toon with all the class changes. I haven't played this game since maybe a month or two after launch. I hate leveling and grinding.

I take it there are no character boosts available like that instant 90 ability in WoW?

Also, the gear boxes on the cash shop, can I buy and use that gear as a new character and have it scale as I level? Are the gear and RNG boxes on the cash shop generally worthwhile?

I also came back after playing last pre-Cartel market. And I also dislike grinding. :p

The xp boosts are also sold on the Galactic auction house (GTN) - players find them in Cartel packs and sell them there. Hopefully Bioware will do some nice xp bonus sessions so that you can level quickly with less grind.

Gear box armours can level with you if you have the credits to keep buying and installing the appropriate armour/weapon modifications, thereby keeping the gear up to date. Personally, I put that off till after level 50, and have saved commendation rewards for highest level equipment (when I hit 60, which is still a way off). You can check out the appearance of the gear box armours on Dulfy.net, in the SWTOR Cartel Pack previews area. Some nicer looking armours are extra pricey on the auction house, because they're very rare drops from the Cartel Packs. I wonder how many hypercrates a player opens before finding a complete set of fancy armour, such as Revan Reborn or Dathomir armour. It seems smarter to just buy that kind of armour off the auction house one day if your character gets rich enough. Unless you've got oodles of luxury real world money, in which case being frugal isn't an issue.

By RNG I'm assuming you're talking about the random rolls from the Cartel Packs. I'd say they're not worth buying - unless you're rich enough to splurge real world money in the Cartel Shop, or unless you have extra ingame credits to lose on lower priced ones on the auction house (GTN). There's very little chance of getting something nice, and a much bigger chance of getting rubble. You can look at cartel packs by watching SWTOR pack openings on youtube, or by going to Dulfy.net and looking at previews of the various packs that have been released. Players open them and sell the contents on the auction house. For example, I saved and bought myself a Bantha mount off the auction house when it's price dropped enough, and the Bantha was only available through someone finding it in a Cartel Pack. Patience is a good thing, because prices on the nice items get very inflated, but sometimes they come down.

Hope this helps, have fun, and Welcome Back! :)

Yeah that helped a lot. thanks.

I have the credit limit on my first toon for a nonsubscriber (i think its 150k) plus a lot of purple stuff in the bank. I see an escrow transfer on the cartel so I hope that doesnt mean I cant transfer money between my toons without buying that escrow thing. Although that might be a between servers thing.

Thanks again

Yeah that helped a lot. thanks.

I have the credit limit on my first toon for a nonsubscriber (i think its 150k) plus a lot of purple stuff in the bank. I see an escrow transfer on the cartel so I hope that doesnt mean I cant transfer money between my toons without buying that escrow thing. Although that might be a between servers thing.

Thanks again

I think the escrow thing is because non subscribers are capped at carrying 300k per character. Any overflow credits go into a holding escrow, and I think players have to pay to get more money out of there. I came back to SWTOR in November when they had a free week of playing like a full subscriber, so I didn't experience that because I subbed during that time. About mailing, I think it only works within a server, not between servers. There might be mailing restrictions for non subscribers, so I'm not sure about the money mailing. Hopefully someone can answer that for you. If you get a Stronghold for 5000 credits, you'll be able to install a legacy storage which acts as a shared item bank for your characters. Good luck, enjoy the game. :)

The only way you can optimize the grind is with exp boosts(25%) and guild exp boost(10%), then having good gear for you and your companion will also make going through mobs faster, even faster if you play with some friends. But the best way for SWTOR to feel less grindy is to get into it, take your time watching and listening to the conversations and take it as a story instead of leveling. And remember you can always do Warzones and Flashpoints for some exp if you want to do something different. :rak_03:

You hate leveling. This game's one true strength is leveling storyline (it certainly is not PvP or endgame). I'm not sure what advice to give.

I guess there is one other true strength that I didn't consider: it's Star Wars. For some people, that's a draw.

So, back to advice. Learn to love leveling?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.