LF new desktop, need halp with specs

bluemustache

howdy, my dear fellows

i am looking to buy a new pc for me, and would appreciate some advice towards cpu choice, mostly...

my current spec:

core2 quad 9300 2.5GHz

4gb RAM

geforce 9500 512mb

i got this in november 2008, and even with vista on it, i always thought it rocked really good, until i started playing swtor in december 2012, which forced me to switch my OS to 7, aaand it didnt changed much and i still need memory cleaner up

now the chance has come for me to get a new pc, and this was the only good thing i could find in my town (i live in a small city in the middle of nowhere in HUEland, where best internet connection is 1mb and its still lacking) :w_rolls_eyes:

AMD FX-6300 6-core 3.5GHz

8gb RAM

GTX650 DDR5 1gb

about this AMD processor, i read that is has some overheating issues, and that i should get a better cooler

also i know the debates about AMD x intel and bla bla bla, but would it really be a deal breaker, or the sorts of it???

im not a 'new release wh*r*', im just a dedicated 'casual' player :p

well, i would really appreciate some insights, also im yet to check in a near city for hot specs, but im not going for high costs, that one really suits me, i just want to know if its really ok or a waste, now that it is 2015. TIA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.