RDPS Advice: Sniper vs. Sorcerer

Orange-kun

I realize that, given this is the Sorcerer forum I might find biased opinions-- so I've posted a similar thread in the Sniper forum.

Anyway, I'm having one heck of a time trying to decide which class to level and I was wondering if some people who are more experienced with either could maybe help me make up my mind. I think that, aesthetically, I prefer Sniper but when it comes to class mechanics I'm at a loss. I'm iffy about the Cover/Crouch mechanic, not because I find it clunky but because I don't like to feel immobile, and I just don't really know enough about the two classes to make fair comparisons or considerations.

I haven't played since the summer, so I'm even less up to speed with everything post-3.0.

I'd advise trying both out in some leveling or group content, and seeing which one feels better to you.

They're both strong classes and more than capable of doing any content (besides hm Revan, which only BH have done currently).

For Sorc at least, Lightning is great but Madness is underperforming currently in PvE (could change soon hopefully with PTS being up).

Edited by KTap

Both are viable and having played both I like sorc way more.

Regarding sorc, lightning is in a good state both for pve and pvp. Madness is under performing in pve at the moment (hopefully will change that soon) but over performing in pvp. And you also get if not the best at the moment a pretty viable healing spec for both pve and pvp.

Regarding sniper, just personally I find marksmanship to be the representative specs of what a sniper is and I like the sound effects of its abilities too. I jump to my sniper from time to time just for this but get bored with it pretty quickly. Engineering is also nice the way it plays. Lethatlity although a perfectly viable spec I simply dislike it.

Between the two classes there are some differences the way they play. A sniper can hold his ground better than a sorc who has to be able to kite, at least as long as pvp is concerned. In terms of mobility not sure how sniper is at 3.0 but sorc is pretty mobile in all three specs.

I realize that, given this is the Sorcerer forum I might find biased opinions-- so I've posted a similar thread in the Sniper forum.

Anyway, I'm having one heck of a time trying to decide which class to level and I was wondering if some people who are more experienced with either could maybe help me make up my mind. I think that, aesthetically, I prefer Sniper but when it comes to class mechanics I'm at a loss. I'm iffy about the Cover/Crouch mechanic, not because I find it clunky but because I don't like to feel immobile, and I just don't really know enough about the two classes to make fair comparisons or considerations.

I haven't played since the summer, so I'm even less up to speed with everything post-3.0.

If mobility is what you are looking for, sorc it is.

You did not mention PvP or PvE. PvE, I would say they are about equal, just different play styles. PvP, go sorc without even a sec of consideration.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.