security key bug

Cordarn

Hey, I recently removed my security key because I left my phone at my house while I was visiting my sister and brother in law. Well im trying to put it back in now, but when i enter the the code that my phone pops up it tells me the security key was wrong or something, and its been doing this to me after many tries of uninstalling the app and reinstalling then trying to enter all the codes again and it failing. I suppose its possible im entering a digit wrong somewhere everytime, but I don't think I am. Could I get some help?

Uh, at this point you probably need to re-bind the Key to your account, which requires Customer Service. Uninstalling/Reinstalling would potentially change the serial that is used to synchronize the numbers generated by the key and the numbers that the authentication server is looking for.

If you are failing 100% of your attempts, they are no longer synchronized, and you need to talk to CS.

Hey, I recently removed my security key because I left my phone at my house while I was visiting my sister and brother in law. Well im trying to put it back in now, but when i enter the the code that my phone pops up it tells me the security key was wrong or something, and its been doing this to me after many tries of uninstalling the app and reinstalling then trying to enter all the codes again and it failing. I suppose its possible im entering a digit wrong somewhere everytime, but I don't think I am. Could I get some help?

The directions from this page should work provided done correctly.

If adding refuses than it might still be assigned to your account, in which case you could try the replace option. I've done this myself several times already and never encountered an issue.

Also make sure date/time settings are correct on your phone.

If however you mean, the generated security key is refused each time you try to login, then I'd check the system's date/time on your PC...

Edited by LeJarC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.