Starting an Operative in 3.0

Carrenal

As the title states I want to start as an operative in 3.0, but I am torn between the different Disciplines.

Most of the time I run around with a good friend of mine, but solo survivabilty would be nice as well.

Are lethatlity/concealment ops viable (e.g. healing my friend who plays as a bounty hunter) or do I have to choose the heal discipline, heard that is not that good at healing a single companion/friend.

Just looking for a little input., thanks

If you're just leveling, you can totally go concealment or lethality and offheal your friend, if he's using a healing companion you may not even need to, especially if he's a tank spec.

But as for FP's and PVP, no, you'd be much better off actually respeccing to Medicine for that, if you want to heal.

Thanks for the quick answer. Well he is more the tanky type as far as I can tell.

Lethality and concealment have both heal abilities as well? Good to know, I was afraid that these two would not be able to heal my friend. Thank you for narrowing down my choices a bit :o

If you are just questing with your friend and want to be able to do damage and good off healing I would go lethality. For more serious encounters where you want to focus only on healing you would be better off with medicine. Lethality off heals are good though.

Thanks for the quick answer. Well he is more the tanky type as far as I can tell.

Lethality and concealment have both heal abilities as well? Good to know, I was afraid that these two would not be able to heal my friend. Thank you for narrowing down my choices a bit :o

Yeah, like Sai said, Lethality will have the upper hand with this because they have a talent at around level 51 that lets you get a free, instant heal about every 15s when you use exfiltrate (the roll ability if you don't know the skill).

Operatives baseline get these healing abilities:

Kolto Probe: A HoT that stacks up to 2 on each target, heals for x over 18(I think) seconds. Takes like 10 energy or something cheapish like that.

Kolto Infusion: A heal that heals for a medium amount right away, and then applies a HoT afterwards for x amount of time (I forget). I think it's like 20 or 25 energy, and also costs a tactical advantage. (Operative's 2nd resource)

Diagnostic Scan: 3 second channeled heal that heals for a low amount, but it's free.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.