Pvp matchmaking is broken and unfair

Drklight

This is absolute bull s$%t! Why in the hell would a team who has 7 going against a team who has 6 get an 8th person so it becomes 8 vs 6 instead of 7vs7? 2 minutes into Civil War and the other team gets an 8th person while we still have only 6. Once they had 2 extra people we didnt stand a chance at all and were slaughtered! we were barely holding our own with them having 1 extra person. This is borderline favoritism and is absolute crap and yes BOTH teams were empire so WE should had that person who came in NOT THEM!

How many times?

There is no matchmaking in regs whatsoever and it was never claimed that there was.

Matchmaking in rated is broken, due to the lack of people doing it. If the regstar population actually played even solo queue, then we might start to see the ELO actually working. That includes myself btw, I detest arenas, ranked is merely a means to an end.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

How many times?

There is no matchmaking in regs whatsoever and it was never claimed that there was.

Matchmaking in rated is broken, due to the lack of people doing it. If the regstar population actually played even solo queue, then we might start to see the ELO actually working. That includes myself btw, I detest arenas, ranked is merely a means to an end.

Same, if there were ranked objective, id be all over that, but arenas are lame.

This is absolute bull s$%t! Why in the hell would a team who has 7 going against a team who has 6 get an 8th person so it becomes 8 vs 6 instead of 7vs7? 2 minutes into Civil War and the other team gets an 8th person while we still have only 6. Once they had 2 extra people we didnt stand a chance at all and were slaughtered! we were barely holding our own with them having 1 extra person. This is borderline favoritism and is absolute crap and yes BOTH teams were empire so WE should had that person who came in NOT THEM!

I'll just leave this here...

Playing the "devil's advocate" here : Whoever claimed that there was matchmaking in existence for ranked/rated ?

The developers when arenas were announced. Also common sense considering when you go into solo ranked everything is role matched.

wrong. That's like saying releasing a game before it hits open beta is better than waiting till after full testing.

BW have stated that they are going for fast pops. For that they have sacrificed balanced matches. I merely stated that fact.

BW have stated that they are going for fast pops. For that they have sacrificed balanced matches. I merely stated that fact.

It's obvious from the number of QQ threads about pre-mades and match making their plans failed. Now it's time to implement proper match making. I'll take a few extra minutes of waiting for a balanced pop as opposed to 20 minutes of excruciating pain playing an unbalanced match where you end up waiting on your own side anyways

Edited by chosonman

It's obvious from the number of QQ threads about pre-mades and match making their plans failed. Now it's time to implement proper match making

Not gonna happen. Any semblance of matchmaking is limited by tech or BW's lacking gonads trying to make a balanced solo queue.

Edited by vennian

There are somethings in this game I simply don't do. One is ranked PVP on my Commando and BH. Why? Because they have no escapes. I have gone through far too many sudden death matches in unranked to know how they play out. The opposing team has two stealthers sneak behind me, stuns, I break it, I get stunned again and I'm dead. I hardly get a shot off. Or if I'm on my Commando, Iget pulled into the middle of the 4 man group and I am dead before I even purge the first stun. Focus fire in these matches can take you down just that quick.

But with that said, when you are 6 vs 8, you really only have one tactic to work with. You all have to agree to defend one spot. The opposing team likely isn't going to hit you with all 8 players on fear you have some stealthers in play. So they will at least spoon feed you kills until they wise up and attack in bulk. Even then it shoudl be 6 vs 6 and you stand a fighting chance. The only match this doesn't work in is Voidstar. But the consolation prise to this match is it ends quickly. Six players simply aren't going to hold back 8. But even then it should be 7 vs 6. Teh eighth player is still going to be guarding the other door.

Sure you are not going to win the match, but at leat you can hopefully get in some fun PVP in a losing match and bring your medal count up which equals more comms.

Edited by ForceWelder

To the OP, let me part one piece of advice. There are times when I get extremely frustrated in PVP matches too due to somethign beyond my control. And one thing I have learned is to just walk away. As much as you want to get something accomplished in game, there are just days this doesn't happen. My wife tells me she can always tell when I am having a bad gaming experience because I start getting verbly loud. At that point she will say something and I know it is time to step away from the game for a little while.

These games are meant to give us some relaxiation, stress relief, and just overall general pleasure. When they stop doing that, it is time to either shift to something else in game or walk away from the computer. It is amazing how much of an improvement a few hours away from the computer can make in my gaming experience once I return. One, you refocus, two, you have calmed down, and three the players or circimstance that was causing your aggrevation have moved on to something else or logged off.

• 1 year later...

These games are meant to give us some relaxiation, stress relief, and just overall general pleasure. When they stop doing that, it is time to either shift to something else in game or walk away from the computer. It is amazing how much of an improvement a few hours away from the computer can make in my gaming experience once I return. One, you refocus, two, you have calmed down, and three the players or circimstance that was causing your aggrevation have moved on to something else or logged off.

While it is true that taking a break from the game can make you feel better, it is not true that coming back will solve the problem. If the problem is frustration with being in a 6v8 match, or even 4v8. I know that the developers said that they are sacrificing even matches for "fast" pops, but I queued for an hour to be in a 4v8 alderaan warzone this morning. If an hour is "fast," I don't know what the developers think is "slow."

And I have been posting about this issue since they changed the queue to reduce the frequency of the cross-faction pop, which was more than a month ago, so taking a break of a couple of hours does not solve the problem. I don't know where the developers get their data that people prefer "fast" pops to equal matches. I was certainly not polled. I NEVER complained about waiting for the queue to pop before. But I find it incredibly discouraging to enter a warzone so unbalanced. And then to sit through the warzone feeling like a fool for even trying to pvp, while people from the other team make comments in the chat about how we are such bad players.

How many times?

Ranked is a lie. People talk as if they do it but when people are asked to que. Suddenly all goes quiet....

Fast pops >>>>>>> balanced matches.

While this is true and exactly how BW works, it's more to it then just that in reality.

The example given in the OP shows this. There is no reason why for example 1 team would get 2 healers in regs, while the other team gets none - when it's a same faction fight. There is no reason why one team would get an 8th player while the other team has 6, when its the same faction.

Yes, BW thinks fast pops is more important then the players actually being entertained in a wz - but there are in fact some matchmaking that could be done without effecting queue times.

So in the end it boils down to the simple fact that: BW couldn't care less about PvP and the PvP community. Otherwise they would make some changes regarding this.

Edit: Not to mention that they promised us X-server queues in the past and then went back on their words. If they cared, this is what they would do - and then proper matchmaking could be implemented.

Edited by Twin

Yes, BW thinks fast pops is more important then the players actually being entertained in a wz

Yes - and I blame that continuous whining about "slow pops" here in that forum for that.

Just before the time Bioware implemented their policy of faster pops, there was HUGE whining from PvP players about "not getting WZs fast enough".

Well, they got what they wanted.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Yes - and I blame that continuous whining about "slow pops" here in that forum for that.

Just before the time Bioware implemented their policy of faster pops, there was HUGE whining from PvP players about "not getting WZs fast enough".

Well, they got what they wanted.

Yeah, personally id rather wait 15min for a decent game rather then getting completly unbalanced matches. But to say that this is what the players wanted is a bit of a strecth imo. What players wanted was Cross-server queues as advertised, but instead BW went back on their word and focused on fast pops regardless of population. I'm not sure i've seen many supporters of "Fast pops but boring matches"..

There are somethings in this game I simply don't do. One is ranked PVP on my Commando and BH. Why? Because they have no escapes. I have gone through far too many sudden death matches in unranked to know how they play out. The opposing team has two stealthers sneak behind me, stuns, I break it, I get stunned again and I'm dead. I hardly get a shot off. Or if I'm on my Commando, Iget pulled into the middle of the 4 man group and I am dead before I even purge the first stun. Focus fire in these matches can take you down just that quick..

I hope you're talking about your gs here? because you should never break your first stun on a merc or ap pt. you should have shock absorbers (30%) stun dr. and you should probably pop chaff immediately between stuns or when you break white bar on the 2nd consecutive. in either case, 4v1 shouldn't be able to global you. although it will burn through your cds very very fast.

Edited by foxmob

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.