No Lethality Set Bonus in 3.0

HiddenRob

Why does lethality not get a set bonus in 3.0? Is lethality the only Discipline not to get any benefit from the 2/4/6 piece set bonuses? Did they just forget to put it in?

Pretty sure it does work with set bonus's: 4-piece is reduced lethal strike cost, 6-piece is auto-crit corrosive assault after shiv, and I can't remember what triggers the 2-piece but i'm pretty sure its also shiv.

Yes, the only argument you can make against Lethality is that Concealment uses Backstab more consistently than Lethality uses Lethal Strike. Concealment benefits a fair amount from 2 energy reduction every 12 seconds. But Lethality has better energy management overall and Lethal Strike is used less often, more on the order of every 16 to 20 seconds.

Yes, the only argument you can make against Lethality is that Concealment uses Backstab more consistently than Lethality uses Lethal Strike. Concealment benefits a fair amount from 2 energy reduction every 12 seconds. But Lethality has better energy management overall and Lethal Strike is used less often, more on the order of every 16 to 20 seconds.

I still think the 4pc set bonus is pretty valuable. I don't have it right now, and the effect on my rotation is extremely palpable. It's noticeably harder to squeeze in Lethal Strike in places where energy is tight, and as a result of not being able to aggressively energy dump under certain circumstances, I also find myself energy capping in places since I'm missing an energy dump of exactly the right magnitude.

The effects are definitely more subtle than the effects on the concealment rotation, but it's certainly a very useful set bonus!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.