All the Pieces. Why is this still non-soloable?

EllieAnne

If you are doing the Shroud's macrobinocular quest, very near the end you have a Heroic 4 that truly is non-soloable - even at level 60. It is ridiculous considering the context is very different than other Heroic 4s in that

1) Grouping for a Heroic-4 on a planet assumes everyone can do it (given you haven't already done it that day) and is at a level where the players in the PUG can actually complete the mission. How many people on Nar Shadaa both are level 50-60 AND happen to be at that spot in the quest line? Especially today when most people who were going to do the quest have already done it.

2) Heroic 4s on planets are not required to continue a main story line. If you cannot get a group for AtP then you are stuck. You hear of people trying for a week to get a PUG and how many just plain gave up?

3) Ready the history of this issue on this forum, people talk about this being an MMO and having no problem with needing to group to finish a story line. EXCEPT Bioware just invalidated that policy by allowing you to solo flashpoints withing the new Revan storyline.

So why can't you give my a Czerka droid for this Heroic 4 so I can finish the story.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Heroic 4 requires solving quite a few puzzles that require 4 people to do so. They can't simply toss in a GSIsus droid and call it good.

The HK-51, Macrobinocular, and Seeker Droid quests lines are all optional.

Also, allowing a single solo run through of some flash points so players can see the whole story does not in any way invalidate group content.

It would be nice if the heroic HK-51, Seeker Droid, and Macro Binoculars were added to the Planetary Missions area of Group Finder, and offered some special rewards for completing them even if you have already.

Edited by MaximusRex

We're past the point where the GSI missions were new enough that a sufficient number of people were doing them to make them viable group content.

Just make them solo missions at this point.

This is not about GSi missions, most of those were soloable at 2.0 already. This is about Seeker/Macrobinocular missions, which have mechanics that require more people (4 for Binocular and at least 2 for Seeker)

This is not about GSi missions, most of those were soloable at 2.0 already. This is about Seeker/Macrobinocular missions, which have mechanics that require more people (4 for Binocular and at least 2 for Seeker)

Maybe my terminology is off, but those are the missions I'm referring to -- I associate the macros and seeker with GSI.

It's those mechanics that require extra people, that need to be reconsidered once content is of a certain age. As another example, Aurora Cannon on Section X is now 10 levels under max on a zone that's seeing fewer people every day, it seems. The ending mechanic should probably be changed so that one person can do it.

Well I'm glad I read this before wasting my time with the rest of the quest.

I'll just abandon it now, thanks for the heads up.

That's what I did once I realized the mission lines for both, that started out solo, end up with H4 missions... just ditched them and moved on.

That Heroic 4 requires solving quite a few puzzles that require 4 people to do so. They can't simply toss in a GSIsus droid and call it good.

The HK-51, Macrobinocular, and Seeker Droid quests lines are all optional.

Also, allowing a single solo run through of some flash points so players can see the whole story does not in any way invalidate group content.

It would be nice if the heroic HK-51, Seeker Droid, and Macro Binoculars were added to the Planetary Missions area of Group Finder, and offered some special rewards for completing them even if you have already.

If you need group for HK quest then... tbh, I don't know what to say.

If you need group for HK quest then... tbh, I don't know what to say.

If you are attempting it at its rated level it is a bit tougher now with 3.0 and the buff to mob damage spikes.

Its only rated 'Heroic 2' but can still be challenging, especially for a first time through player at the appropriate level.

Doesn't hurt to include it in a list of quests that have a group finder category so players can find people to do the quest with if they want to easier. It also cuts down on fleet spam/quest begging which is always a plus both for the beggar and those reading the begging.

Maybe my terminology is off, but those are the missions I'm referring to -- I associate the macros and seeker with GSI.
Ah well, then, that explains it. Most people call GSI missions the missions that are given by GSI terminals, not the story associated with Seeker droid and Binoculars

A little off topic but there is another Heroic that you can't do solo even at level 60. I am referrign to the one on Section X. The mobs aren't the issue. You can burn through them without even struggling. The problem is you have one barrier that takes two people to go through as one person has to open it for the other player and then vice versa. The sad thing is you are within spitting distance of the final boss when you get to this barrier.

And who does Section X any more? The few times I was there after 3.0, the place was diserted. I tend to grind dailies between PVP matches and I don't even bother with Section X any more. It has nothing to do with the level of content, it has everything to do with time. Those missions have you going all over the place and it is just too time consuming for what you get out of it.

so obviously, since the place is a ghost town, other players on my server feel the same way. So why not make everythign soloable? Take out the final barrier puzzle and be done iwith it.

A little off topic but there is another Heroic that you can't do solo even at level 60. I am referrign to the one on Section X. The mobs aren't the issue. You can burn through them without even struggling. The problem is you have one barrier that takes two people to go through as one person has to open it for the other player and then vice versa. The sad thing is you are within spitting distance of the final boss when you get to this barrier.

And who does Section X any more? The few times I was there after 3.0, the place was diserted. I tend to grind dailies between PVP matches and I don't even bother with Section X any more. It has nothing to do with the level of content, it has everything to do with time. Those missions have you going all over the place and it is just too time consuming for what you get out of it.

so obviously, since the place is a ghost town, other players on my server feel the same way. So why not make everythign soloable? Take out the final barrier puzzle and be done iwith it.

That's the Aurora Cannon H4 that I mentioned.

I'd change it to either take the barriers out or make them stay off after being "shot" with the "ghostbuster", and change the final puzzle so that it just requires shutting down the shield from the terminal, and then throwing the EMP charge.

1. Don't pug for it on Nar Shaddaa, pug for it on fleet.
  2. Anyone can enter that instance at any point in time, as long as they are grouped with at least one player that has that quest. Every now and then someone in my guild asks for help, and most of the time there are 3 other people who are willing to help or need the quest as well. That's really your best shot at getting it done.

its just more dead content at this point. they over nerfed seeker droid missions anyway, just like they do so often.

How exactly did they nerf the seeker droid missions? Did they make it easier to seek or what? :rolleyes:

Ontopic: My main imperial alt is waiting for more than 1.5 years to get the final heroic on Nar Shaddaa done. Not once did I find a player who wanted to join me. (Granted, I haven't bothered asking around for quite a while now.) That heroic is actually one of my favourite quests in this game. Love the taxi jumping part. It felt like Shadows of the Empire. Even used the same music. ;)

It's those mechanics that require extra people, that need to be reconsidered once content is of a certain age.

Yeah. Also (or, better yet), I hope future content will be built from the ground up with solo-ability in mind. It wouldn't surprise me much if the Forged Alliances flashpoints were originally designed with that consideration, even though the solo versions weren't released until months later.

(Then again, maybe not, since the solo SoR stuff was immediately available. Also, I don't know if any of those flashpoints had group mechanics, and if so, how they got around them for the solo versions.)

But yeah, making old stuff solo-able would be good, though it would kind of be going the extra mile. I hope designing new stuff with solo-ability in mind will become standard.

At a minimum they should consider adding a "go to" function to these activatables like they have for the material nodes so I can use my companion to help.

I stand here, use the "go to" function on the other button, wait for my companion to get there and press the button, then press my own button and done.

Might not not be suitable for every mission, but should help a number of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.