Seriously.. Relax with the nerf threads

Tuil

The game has been out less then a week and everyone seems to be an expert on what classes to nerf already. Sorry but you're not.

Certain classes will always be overpowered in PVP in certain scenarios, that's just how it is. Everyone is so willingly to nerf class after class but what I've noticed in every thread is that nerfing that class to balance them in PVP would destroy them in PVE which is what the game is based on.

PVE should always be considered over PVP period. You want DPS classes nerfed in PVP so what would their role in PVE be? Stand around and look pretty? You want tank classes nerfed because they are too hard to kill in huttball? Great, what should they do in PVE then? You can't just nerf a class based off what you see in PVP, it just doesn't work that way and that's what every thread has neglected to consider.

Granted I haven't read every thread but with the game being out less then a week, it would be nearly impossible to get enough data to make a valid nerfing argument. "I got killed by a Sorc really quickly". This doesn't cut it.

Honestly, the only solution right now would be level brackets which I agree with completely. With those being instated, I think that would solve a lot of these problems. Until then, you can't really make a good assessment.

tl;dr - The game has been out less then a week, give the nerf threads a rest. You don't have enough data to support your argument. You can't nerf PVP on a whim without ruining that class in PVE which should always be considered first.

The game has been out less then a week and everyone seems to be an expert on what classes to nerf already. Sorry but you're not.

Certain classes will always be overpowered in PVP in certain scenarios, that's just how it is. Everyone is so willingly to nerf class after class but what I've noticed in every thread is that nerfing that class to balance them in PVP would destroy them in PVE which is what the game is based on.

PVE should always be considered over PVP period. You want DPS classes nerfed in PVP so what would their role in PVE be? Stand around and look pretty? You want tank classes nerfed because they are too hard to kill in huttball? Great, what should they do in PVE then? You can't just nerf a class based off what you see in PVP, it just doesn't work that way and that's what every thread has neglected to consider.

Granted I haven't read every thread but with the game being out less then a week, it would be nearly impossible to get enough data to make a valid nerfing argument. "I got killed by a Sorc really quickly". This doesn't cut it.

Honestly, the only solution right now would be level brackets which I agree with completely. With those being instated, I think that would solve a lot of these problems. Until then, you can't really make a good assessment.

tl;dr - The game has been out less then a week, give the nerf threads a rest. You don't have enough data to support your argument. You can't nerf PVP on a whim without ruining that class in PVE which should always be considered first.

Well, they should nerf the hell out of Inquisitor then and instead make a Republic class OP. Then we can all sit around and talk about how no nerfing should go on.

Well, they should nerf the hell out of Inquisitor then and instead make a Republic class OP. Then we can all sit around and talk about how no nerfing should go on.

They did. It's called Shadow. No one seems to know how to play it though.

I play a Sorc (Healing Spec'd) as my main right now. Do I do good in PVP? Yeah absolutely. Do I get destroyed sometimes? Absolutely. I'm not saying my class is perfect, and is probably one of the more imbalanced ones in certain area's but since I haven't played any other classes except for a BH to 10, I wouldn't know where to start.

You could say lower the DPS but last I checked it was supposed to be a DPS class. Maybe lower a little bit but how much? Which skills? Compared to what other skills? I have no problem nerfing classes or even my class. Give me a good reason and I will be more then happy to agree. If it keeps its usefulness in PVE and levels the playing field in PVP by all means do the necessary changes. Figuring out what those are is what takes some research. The "Nerf Sorcerers now!!" threads are worthless.

I know people love to PVP, as do I but there are other aspects of the game to enjoy while this gets fixed. PVP is by far one of the hardest things to balance and won't be done quickly (at least I hope not). Take some time and play some other classes, enjoy the game and get some numbers and data on how to balance things out.

Edited by Tuil

It shows up as inquisitor on the score board for republic regardless of level.

No it shows up like that for everyone.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between the two means that your really not a skilled pvper anyway. in other games there aren't class you simply tell by what actions they take. Your claiming nerfs but don't even know what your facing. First rule of PVP is to know what and who you are up against.

"if we can't win in battle we can win in the forums!" attitude has been helped along by other games i won't mention....in each case tactics were presented that would counter the OPness of said class, but...only the nerfs rolled in, not the brainpower, not the tactics, no teamwork, just QQ in the forums.

Be cheaper to make a game called "Forum Wars: chapter 10 a new QQ". hopefully it's not coming soon to a game near you.:mad:

Very much agree with OP.

I love how people can analyse a level 10-50 warzone with no combat log and no comparison in skill.

Videos on the internet? I could roll any class in the game at level 10 and play naked and make a convincing video of me face smashing very very bad players at high levels.

This is not competitive gaming any class in this game can faceroll in a random 8v8 - the only difference is that most of the population is a sorcerer and they have incredibly obvious painful-looking lightning animation.

play an inquistor and tell me you dont need a nerf while you mow down level 50's in full epic pvp gear at lvl 30 in greens...go to twitch.tv stream and watch lowbie inquistors gape the battlefield.

You're a liar. I play an Inq and I have never killed any 50 that wasn't at 1/4 health already and im a darn decent player. And 50 I face 1v1 destroys me in seconds. You. Are. Lying.

"if we can't win in battle we can win in the forums!" attitude has been helped along by other games i won't mention....in each case tactics were presented that would counter the OPness of said class, but...only the nerfs rolled in, not the brainpower, not the tactics, no teamwork, just QQ in the forums.

Be cheaper to make a game called "Forum Wars: chapter 10 a new QQ". hopefully it's not coming soon to a game near you.:mad:

I'll name it. WoW. They merged hunters into uselessness for the same reason these fools want inquisitors nerfed. Because they refuse to put pressure in them. Let any ranged class stand back and fire away and you will die. Also alOt of the burst comes from other classes but I'd lightening is what they see, then that is what did it so now we are off to the forums to cry nerf.

Seriously. If they nerd this class or buff other ones to the point of making us a non issue, then im out. I will not go through that crap again. :(

Edited by Madgecko

I'll nam it. WoW. They merged hunters into uselessness for the same reason these fools want inquisitors nerfed. Because they refuse to put pressure in them. Let any ranged class stand back and fire away and you will die. Also alOt of the burst comes from other classes but I'd lightening is what they see, then that is what did it so now we are off to the forums to cry nerf.

Seriously. If they nerd this class or buff other ones to the point of making us a non issue, then im out. I will not go through that crap again. :(

I play a Sorc and even when people are putting pressure on me I generally don't have a problem doing stupid amounts of damage.

We're a dot based class with good snares, a speed boost, and a bubble.

If people are putting pressure on me, i'll do great. If people aren't then I'll mow through entire teams.

I play a Sorc and even when people are putting pressure on me I generally don't have a problem doing stupid amounts of damage.

If people are putting pressure on me, i'll do great. If people aren't then I'll mow through entire teams.

Youre a liar. Stop posing as a sorcerer trying to support your biased opinion. I've been playing mmos for over a decade and I pvp mainly and I'm pretty darn good at it and still don't faceroll everyone as you and other drones claim. You're lying. Our shield even talent buffed only absorbs enough to take one or two good hits from any class. We have one melee cc and two ranged ones that have ridiculous collagens and ones takes a century to cast. Our heals are no stronger than any other classes off heals unless you spec healing and we wear light armor. Our burst is not existent. It takes 8 to 10 seconds to load ip our dots and then cast force lightening. It only takes for bounty hunters and Snipers to do the same damage in half the time.

Stop posing.

Edited by Madgecko

Youre a liar. Stop posing as a sorcerer trying to support your biased opinion. I've been playing mmos for over a decade and I pvp mainly and I'm pretty darn good at it and still don't faceroll everyone as you and other drones claim. You're lying.

I pinky-promise i'm a sorcerer- for realsies.

edit: And if you really have been playing mmos for over a decade you'd realize that every single time a class is overpowered, people who play that class will deny it's overpowered. Every single time.

Try to think of this objectively, do you honestly think you would do as well as a different class? I don't think I would.

Edited by Aidank

Everyone should learn to play before calling a nerf on anyone. CC's should be tamed in general and not for any one class. Just a slight modification to the Resolve mechanic should be enough.

Just because you die in PvP does not mean a class should be nerfed. Just learn to counter the class that is killing you.

Sorry but this post is an extreme over-exaggeration. If people are putting pressure on me as a Sorc, depending what class it is, I might be able to hold my ground against them, or be able to run away without being killed. Let alone still put out stupid amounts of damage.

Mow through entire teams? If no one is pressuring you, then yes you could put out good amounts of damage but it would hardly be enough to go through an entire team.

You do know PVP is pretty much unplayable for melee classes. Aside waching your characted die in a CC there's not much you can do, unless god gives you the break of a crappy opposing theam that scatters like roaches when the lights turn on. Then you have a shot.

CC in PVP needs a nearf along with JC/Inqs and BH/Troopers. So yeah, NERF threads will keep appearing till that happens.

I can guarantee you, with 100% certainty, that SI's will get nerfed. I have never called for it myself, and I don't play one in game, but due to the massive outcry from the player base, it will happen. Its only a matter of time, and all the SI whining and threatening to quit won't stop it.

I've seen it happen in every mmo Ive ever played, "balance" changes will come, and the community is focused on lightning. Its only a matter of when and how much. I promise.