Wider Range Group Finder Queue

LunaticFringer

Simply put, I'd like to see a larger group queue finder put back in.

Either include a toggle for lower level players to only queue with characters of their alike level range or add a bolster to it so we can continue to play a bit of everything. Retroactively, perhaps add a debuff bolster for cases where a level 60 runs lvl 30 fps with a group via Group Queue in this fashion? Feels like a win/win for everyone.

Again, probably problematic in several situations but it would make the group queue less limited as a player climbs in level and make accessing the full range of content a little more enjoyable for a wider range of players as the game continues to expand.

Simply put, I'd like to see a larger group queue finder put back in.

Either include a toggle for lower level players to only queue with characters of their alike level range or add a bolster to it so we can continue to play a bit of everything. Retroactively, perhaps add a debuff bolster for cases where a level 60 runs lvl 30 fps with a group via Group Queue in this fashion? Feels like a win/win for everyone.

Again, probably problematic in several situations but it would make the group queue less limited as a player climbs in level and make accessing the full range of content a little more enjoyable for a wider range of players as the game continues to expand.

They already plan to widen the scope again for the group finder as level 60's really had little to queue for.

I support this post in theory though. I think many quests and their content should be added tot he group finder. culmination quests (heroic 4s) for 'Elder game Quests like the Macrobinocular Mission, the Dread Seed/Seeker Droid Mission, etc. Should have a category in the group finder.

Any tool bioware can provide that assists players in making new connections with other players and complete content is a good addition.

I've had some thoughts along those lines when writing out ideas in other topics like this, but I have to wonder just how flexible their bolster system really is. I mean, they only ever seem to keep retooling it to go to max level (and then it takes some time to fix issues that come up with it at the new level cap), so is it not possible for the game to allow for many different levels of bolster?

That would be something though. Flashpoint A is scaled for level X so apply a bolster to X-2 and a down-"bolster" to X+2 (with item ratings for green gear for the level X-2 and for purple gear for the level X+2). Or whatever the appropriate ranges for those would be. So then the leveling flashpoints could be made available at earlier levels and kept available until higher levels than what they currently are, yet all participants are squished into an appropriate range for it.

On top of doing something like that, I've also had the thought to add tactical versions of old flashpoints by re-scaling enemy stats to maxlevel-5 and applying a bolster to maxlevel (along with making them role-free queue and adding kolto stations to the boss arenas, of course). The bolster would only be for the green quality item rating for that level, of course. (No bolstering down on that. Let people use the full stats of their end-game gear.) But the difference in level would have the same effect as when 55 was the cap and we could queue for level 50 hard modes. It's enough that enemies can't hit us as hard and we burn the enemies down so fast that fight mechanics were made less important or completely irrelevant. These tacticals would also be made from (and count the same as for quest completion purposes) the story mode versions, not the hard modes.

But hard modes should get some re-balancing as well. Keep the tiers of which hard modes become available at 50, 55, or 60... but rescale them all to 60 and apply a (green item rating) level 60 bolster.

With those changes, leveling flashpoints would be available in the queue for wider ranges and they'd maintain a certain amount of challenge for all who queue into them because of the squish-bolster. Also, we'd have access to ALL story mode flashpoints at max level in the form of tactical flashpoints. (Or at the very least they could make sure they cover the two without a hard mode option and maybe a couple highlights like the faction-specific ones.) And we'd have access to ALL hard mode flashpoints at max level as well. That would keep the end-game queue options very wide open.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.